Author Topic: Do board sponsors provide health insurance?  (Read 4038 times)

ben3350

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -156
Re: Do board sponsors provide health insurance?
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2014, 04:13:05 AM »
Of all skateboarding sponsors, if anyone provides health insurance it's probably not the board companies. If any do, it's probably the drink companies like red bull and mountain dew, or the shoe companies like nike and DC. I just don't see a board company like Foundation or Toy Machine having the ability to offer health insurance to its riders. Maybe some of the bigger companies like Girl or Plan B have something.

It's also something that may possibly be negotiated when talking about a contract or something. I can see more financially valuable skaters possibly getting it or it may just depend on how good of a business man you are.

If you are a pro skater and you are paying out of pocket for an injury you get, then in my opinion that's your own fault. Just because your sponsor might not give you insurance doesn't mean you should get a plan for yourself especially if your job includes hucking yourself down stairs. Hell if my mother decided to switch flip back lip el toro and broke her hip, she wouldn't pay out of pocket to fix it. If you're getting a check to go skate, then not having health insurance to back it up is your own stupidity.

shark tits

« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2014, 04:48:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
do people really pay medical bills? charge it to da game! when the bill collectors call me i'm like 'what, you gonna give me a warrant if i don't pay? no? are you gonna break my knees and i'll have to get more medical bills? no? ok, go piss up a rope.'
[close]
your credit must suck
[close]
i don't even know what that is. oh, when you something fronted but by the time you pay for it it's become 3 times as expensive? yeah, credit must suck.
[close]

Yea, and leeching off your family and the government is waaaaay better.  Who do you live with?
me and gary busey squat in your attack and he thinks you're too fat for your wife.

dillanharp

« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2014, 10:05:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
do people really pay medical bills? charge it to da game! when the bill collectors call me i'm like 'what, you gonna give me a warrant if i don't pay? no? are you gonna break my knees and i'll have to get more medical bills? no? ok, go piss up a rope.'
[close]
your credit must suck
[close]
i don't even know what that is. oh, when you something fronted but by the time you pay for it it's become 3 times as expensive? yeah, credit must suck.
[close]

Yea, and leeching off your family and the government is waaaaay better.  Who do you live with?
[close]
me and gary busey squat in your attack and he thinks you're too fat for your wife.

You're a god damn moron. I hope your hep c does everyone a favor and ends you soon.

Bagger Vance

• Rep: -10
  • Think I give a fuck bout sparkles?
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2014, 11:22:53 AM »
how the fuck do you not know what credit is?

shark tits

« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2014, 01:56:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
your credit must suck
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

You're a god damn moron. I hope your hep c does everyone a favor and ends you soon.
that's awful. hearing those words [i can only read aloud] stings me to the core. yeah you! shook my feelings all night long. if you're serious and you can get enough people to sign a petition then i'll do it. if more people hate me than like me then who am i to keep going?

juhzden

• Rep: 6
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2014, 08:38:01 PM »
Transworld/Thrasher/TSM provides health insurance to their employees.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2014, 10:08:03 PM »
Since they are hired as contracted employees like consultants its against the law to provide health insurance i'm pretty sure. Has to do with being a W9 employee.