Author Topic: ed templeton  (Read 1918 times)

sergio

ed templeton
« on: December 26, 2006, 02:14:32 AM »
http://www.sufferthejoy.com/videos/ed_solo.html

i dont understand how you can be a strict vegan and gain so much wait. a perfect example would be rick rubin. funny clip nonetheless.

2G

Re: ed templeton
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2006, 03:58:22 AM »
Some people just fill out when they get older, he should blame gravity.

Jackers

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 11
  • Thanks GRL
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2006, 06:30:55 AM »
Cows are herbivore
Hippopotamus are herbivore
Elephants
Rhinos

Stats dont lie man..
Idle

fuckingvegan

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2006, 07:36:34 AM »
Um you can eat a lot and not get to exercise as much and also your metabolism slows down as you get older. *speaking from experience*

Also why are so many of you guys on Slap like little girls? Everyone is so worried about other peoples weight, cloths, hair cuts etc... I mean grow a pair.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2006, 07:38:25 AM by fuckingvegan »

trent steel

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2006, 07:45:23 AM »
nice avatar. dorfus is the man.

Mike456

• Rep: -2
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2006, 09:46:01 AM »
we all grow up mang.

homeboy's still rippin though!

fuckingvegan

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2006, 12:13:11 PM »
nice avatar. dorfus is the man.

Ripper for sure.

kr3w

• Rep: 0
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2006, 10:22:55 PM »
hes one ugly dude

reaganomics

• Rep: 0
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2006, 10:33:48 PM »

MAGIK INC GROUPIE

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2006, 12:14:14 AM »
It's probably a good thing that he packed on the pounds. He's a vegan and was very skinny before. Maybe he wasn't properly dieting before.

Any of you wanna hear a cool story about him? It's kind of weird.

tag_king

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 275
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2006, 12:43:31 AM »
lets hear it magik

MAGIK INC GROUPIE

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2006, 01:03:59 AM »
Me and a few sf heads went down to la to skate and chill. One day we end up at Huntington High and see ed templeton getting filmed by his lady. So we skate and end up talking with him about spots cause we wanted to check em out, especially me. So right before we were gonna leave he got all hyped up about spots and said "you guys gotta come with me, I'll show you how to get to all the spots" So we followed him and he pulls up to his house. I thought he was gonna run in and grab something but instead he told us all to come in. So we go into his house, which was sparkling clean, and his kind wife greeted us with soda and snacks. So after about 5 mins it started to feel real weird. I think Ed sensed it too and said "ok, time to show you guys where all the spots are" Next thing you know, we're surrounding Ed as he draws a huge map of Huntington beach. He even drew fire hydrants on the way to spots. He included times when to skate and had key symbols for what was at the spot. It had different colors and everything. In total it took him about 45 min to an hour
to finish and was dark by the time we left.

That's about it. He's a real cool dude and ever since that one occasion he was always real nice to me. I always just thought that was one of the weirdest but coolest things ever.

fuckingvegan

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2006, 06:55:22 AM »
My best friend and I said the same thing when the Toy Machine team came, we couldn't believe how much weight he put on since he was at our local beat-ass Oakley selling shop. 

But none of that matters, because I got to see him do an Impossible tail-grab while they blasted Sonic Youth in the background.  That was damn rad, and he's always been one of my favorite skaters, and to me probably the most inspirational next to the Gonz.

The thing is he is not really fat he is just a normal looking dude.

Edward Penishands

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2006, 07:39:13 AM »
Me and a few sf heads went down to la to skate and chill. One day we end up at Huntington High and see ed templeton getting filmed by his lady. So we skate and end up talking with him about spots cause we wanted to check em out, especially me. So right before we were gonna leave he got all hyped up about spots and said "you guys gotta come with me, I'll show you how to get to all the spots" So we followed him and he pulls up to his house. I thought he was gonna run in and grab something but instead he told us all to come in. So we go into his house, which was sparkling clean, and his kind wife greeted us with soda and snacks. So after about 5 mins it started to feel real weird. I think Ed sensed it too and said "ok, time to show you guys where all the spots are" Next thing you know, we're surrounding Ed as he draws a huge map of Huntington beach. He even drew fire hydrants on the way to spots. He included times when to skate and had key symbols for what was at the spot. It had different colors and everything. In total it took him about 45 min to an hour
to finish and was dark by the time we left.

That's about it. He's a real cool dude and ever since that one occasion he was always real nice to me. I always just thought that was one of the weirdest but coolest things ever.

who ended up keeping the map?

tag_king

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 275
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2006, 10:46:49 AM »
thats a really cool story magik, sounds like a really decent guy

fuckingvegan

« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2006, 11:11:24 AM »
Ed gave me a set of wheels once for a zine that I gave him.  My story isn't as cool though ....

MAGIK INC GROUPIE

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2006, 12:41:33 PM »
I was too young at the time to realize it's value at a later point. The driver of the trip kept it. His name is John Burke.

SR Junky

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2006, 08:55:00 PM »
I saw him mess up his knee at that demo, over the summer I think, it was pretty sad to see how big he actually was and see him take an old man slam in the same day and to see how worried Deanna was, but she took a picture of these two girls I know cuz she thot they were lesbians.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2006, 10:10:22 PM »
i talked to deanna about ice cream....