Author Topic: Shane Heyl/Shake Junt destroying Baker skateboards  (Read 11736 times)

MeanestCleanestPenis

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 40
Shane Heyl/Shake Junt destroying Baker skateboards
« on: May 15, 2014, 12:50:20 AM »
I remember Reynolds talking in his epicly later'd about how Baker always put on the guys nobody wanted and how they never really went through a bad time.

Well, the bad times came and he had to kick off a load of his friends due to money problems. I can't help but think they have been fucked over by the whole shake junt bullshit, the association making their brand look like one of the cheesiest on the market. Around Baker 3 it was team of hollywood misfits that wouldn't fit anywhere else, the last few years, apart from Reynolds killing it, the first thing I think of is Shane Heyl's stupid face shouting some stupid shit into the camera. Definitely put me off the brand. I'm sure the idiots that buy shake junt gear must have bought a few boards but the whole thing must have turned the majority off the brand.

Discuss

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Shane Heyl/Shake Junt destroying Baker skateboards
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 12:55:45 AM »
if you let something like heyl or shakejunt destroy baker for you, then you are an idiot.

sid vicious

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 61
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 01:02:57 AM »
i always thought they used shake junt as a way to use all there scrap footage etc.
i don't think it effects baker as a brand, financial problems happen due to the economy.

wigs

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 01:18:22 AM »
I remember Reynolds talking in his epicly later'd about how Baker always put on the guys nobody wanted and how they never really went through a bad time.

Well, the bad times came and he had to kick off a load of his friends due to money problems. I can't help but think they have been fucked over by the whole shake junt bullshit, the association making their brand look like one of the cheesiest on the market. Around Baker 3 it was team of hollywood misfits that wouldn't fit anywhere else, the last few years, apart from Reynolds killing it, the first thing I think of is Shane Heyl's stupid face shouting some stupid shit into the camera. Definitely put me off the brand. I'm sure the idiots that buy shake junt gear must have bought a few boards but the whole thing must have turned the majority off the brand.

Discuss

baker 3 came out 9 years ago, i'm sorry that you don't understand that skateboarding changes constantly. in reference to the bolded quotes, i'm sorry that you're so easily distracted from the amazing skateboarding baker/deathwish/shake junt(yes, they have a corny/questionable image, but their video was amazing) have been putting out over the last few years.

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2014, 01:38:03 AM »
Expand Quote

Discuss
[close]

baker 3 came out 9 years ago, i'm sorry that you don't understand that skateboarding changes constantly. in reference to the bolded quotes, i'm sorry that you're so easily distracted from the amazing skateboarding baker/deathwish/shake junt(yes, they have a corny/questionable image, but their video was amazing) have been putting out over the last few years.

Holy fucking shit you are right, now I feel old.

Tarela

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 11
  • We spent four seasons at the Four Seasons twice
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2014, 02:13:09 AM »
That very first Shake Junt promo that came out of the blue was dope as fuck, that DVD sat on repeat in my house, I wouldn't blame Heyl or image i agree with an above poster and the economy has given skateboarding companies/shops a harder time, look at DGK they've gotten probably equally as animated over time as far as image and there doing fine and their team riders are still ripping so who cares, i stopped paying attention to the graphics so much and just focus on the skating from their riders. I figure they're tryna make that 13-19 street league watching kid money like every other company anyway, its for the youngins to get hyped and skate at the end of the day anyway....

MeanestCleanestPenis

• Rep: 40
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2014, 02:14:04 AM »
Expand Quote

Discuss
[close]

Yeah it was 9 years ago and skateboarding has changed but the things that made the company successful in the first place should probably remain with minor tweaks to allow the company to continue to be successful. The problem is lots of the company's footage comes out through Shake Junt and Heyl's bullshit is always forefront in that. As has been discussed on here numerous times there is plenty more to it than just amazing skateboarding. You won't sell shit if your brand is not presented in the right manner. Look at Selfish, Jereme is a great skateboarder, why is he not selling tons of product? Baker should have kept on doing what they were doing and kept Heyl/shake junt in the background

Johnny Rocketflips

• Rep: -33
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2014, 02:44:51 AM »
I thought shane junt was out skateboarding by now. Baker has always been lame.

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -311
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2014, 04:37:52 AM »
I thought shane junt was out skateboarding by now. Baker has always been lame.

That's a pretty bold statement Mr Rocketflip... I may not be a huge Baker fan these days, but I think I can speak for a lot of
skaters when I say that I will always have a soft spot for them. Baker 3 is still holding up to today's vids easy.

needlejuice

• Rep: -101
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2014, 04:42:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Discuss
[close]

[close]

Yeah it was 9 years ago and skateboarding has changed but the things that made the company successful in the first place should probably remain with minor tweaks to allow the company to continue to be successful. The problem is lots of the company's footage comes out through Shake Junt and Heyl's bullshit is always forefront in that. As has been discussed on here numerous times there is plenty more to it than just amazing skateboarding. You won't sell shit if your brand is not presented in the right manner. Look at Selfish, Jereme is a great skateboarder, why is he not selling tons of product? Baker should have kept on doing what they were doing and kept Heyl/shake junt in the background

terrible terrible comparison. Jereme rogers would never survive amongst today's am's wheras most of the baker crew ten years ago would all be considered gnarly in today's standards. Go watch jereme play shane oneill in berrics to see his latest skating and how good he is. dude is sloppy as hell. yeah hes got switch ledge tricks when he weighed 90 pounds and was sixteen years old. i havnt seen shit to get psyched on that dudes skating since yeah right came out and ill admit he was ahead of his time then but very limited bag of tricks and what he chooses to skate made him seem kinda mundane
try to remember, forget

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2014, 07:11:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Discuss
[close]

[close]

[close]

terrible terrible comparison. Jereme rogers would never survive amongst today's am's wheras most of the baker crew ten years ago would all be considered gnarly in today's standards. Go watch jereme play shane oneill in berrics to see his latest skating and how good he is. dude is sloppy as hell. yeah hes got switch ledge tricks when he weighed 90 pounds and was sixteen years old. i havnt seen shit to get psyched on that dudes skating since yeah right came out and ill admit he was ahead of his time then but very limited bag of tricks and what he chooses to skate made him seem kinda mundane

Speaking of terrible comparisons....How can you compare a bunch of Baker dudes in their prime to a fledgling Jereme Rogers? Obviously skaters in their prime will skate better than a guy heading towards the end of his career.

Shake Junt is some corny ass shit, I can't believe Beagle has never gotten his ass beat for that near-black face show he puts on. 

The only good thing about Shake Junt is Bryan Herman footage. 
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

Salty Lame Ass Poosey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -265
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2014, 07:55:03 AM »
Skateboarding don't owe you shit but wheel bite in the rain -Jake Pheps

Fukd

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2014, 08:27:17 AM »
All I can say is that I am stoked on the addition of Riley and Rowan.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -480
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2014, 08:28:27 AM »
The first thing I think of now when I think baker is Rowan and he doesnt fit on the team. I just don't see him on baker and quite frankly don't think he'd even would have been considered had it not been for the riley connection who is turning baker into shep dawgs the brand. Too bad Hermans off in lala land.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2014, 08:58:00 AM »
The first thing I think of now when I think baker is Rowan and he doesnt fit on the team. I just don't see him on baker and quite frankly don't think he'd even would have been considered had it not been for the riley connection who is turning baker into shep dawgs the brand. Too bad Hermans off in lala land.
Rowan's rad. I don't know why you don't think he fits.

gnidraobetaks

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 22
  • this is joab
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2014, 09:00:57 AM »
fuck that fool who said rowan doesnt fit.

red on red guttah.

Gotta manscape ... it's mandatory.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3290
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2014, 09:11:21 AM »
Heyl is another Dill: he'd be sexy as hell if he'd shut the fuck up and stop making sillie faces.

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 555
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2014, 09:30:48 AM »

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2014, 09:33:18 AM »

Those people must be from Florida right? At least the South?
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2014, 09:34:18 AM »

Pretty much all that needs to be said about Shake Junt. Disgusting.
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2014, 09:39:20 AM »

I bet they know all the words to the "chicken bone now'ison" song.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3290
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2014, 10:55:13 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I bet they know all the words to the "chicken bone now'ison" song.

OMG that song's the best!

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2014, 11:05:55 AM »
It affected the purpose of Baker and it's now hard for me to skate my Dollin board, not sure if I would get anymore of them. Shake Junt shouldn't be closely associated
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 11:08:08 AM by lk130 »
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

shark tits

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2014, 11:10:04 AM »
i'm pretty sure 'chicken bone, nowison' is the entirety of the lyrics

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2014, 11:17:13 AM »
Can you get me a transcript of the lyrics. I really want to learn them for karaoke night down the Crossed Keys next Tuesday.

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2014, 12:22:55 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Can you get me a transcript of the lyrics. I really want to learn them for karaoke night down the Crossed Keys next Tuesday.

That song is good, you're right. It's by Tommy Wright III, and if you listened to the actual song you would realize that it goes hand in hand with a lot of the southern rap/hiphop that Beagle and most of the crew are into. Baker was and always will be awesome, they have always had riders that rip in one way or another and have never had a solid demographic of people on the team. It's always been diverse.

On top of being a rad brand, they actually use quality wood. I know if I can't find a board I want I can always get a Baker and know the quality isn't gonna be shit. It's much better then skating a board that's made in China a la Girl/Chocolate. I just set up a Riley board and it's skated better the first day then my last few boards I've had.

kamltoe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -443
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2014, 12:36:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

That song is good, you're right. It's by Tommy Wright III, and if you listened to the actual song you would realize that it goes hand in hand with a lot of the southern rap/hiphop that Beagle and most of the crew are into. Baker was and always will be awesome, they have always had riders that rip in one way or another and have never had a solid demographic of people on the team. It's always been diverse.

On top of being a rad brand, they actually use quality wood. I know if I can't find a board I want I can always get a Baker and know the quality isn't gonna be shit. It's much better then skating a board that's made in China a la Girl/Chocolate. I just set up a Riley board and it's skated better the first day then my last few boards I've had.

naw, it was on tommy's album, but it's killa-c on that joint. here ya gooooo.

CHICKEN BONE NOWISON - KILLA C

K

Quote from: The Gipper

Classic keyboard skate champion talk right there.

you need to stop thinking people do what you tell them bc they dont.

kamltoe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -443
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2014, 12:38:54 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Chicken bone now it's on, now it's on, now it's on X 100+

[Tommy Wright III]
Yo they got me in the slammer, one they call chicken bone
Throw me in that straight-jacket so I won't go shank someone
Yo they got me locked down murderers getting next to me
I'm finna find another victim, you best call security
I'm tired of looking at these walls, I feel like an animal
I might think like Jeffrey Dahmer and become a cannibal
If I can decide or come to a conclusion; y'all gon' have to lock me up in the institution
I'm fearing it is mental health, think I might get jacked to death
I must sit around and wait, but I got a trail date
I wonder will the jury plead that my case is guilty
That I only killed a man, why don't you come shake my hand
My sawed-off I never see, out this penitentiary
Waiting on a visit man, if no one comes I'm gon' campaign
Feeling like a reject, thinking that my case was rigged
Man I hate the justice system, but I have to live wit it
Murder in the first degree, thinking of a killing
Meditated once again so I can get that feeling
Get in touch with another gut and deliver
Stealing in such a way that your whole body shiver
That's why I'm tied off in the straight jacket; can't get free
Cause I killed a mail man just for staring at me
They lock me up, sometimes I think my screws are lose
They think I'm crazy, sometimes I think I'm crazy too
I woke up early in the morning, popped a clip in my nine
Cocked my hammer back, and something snapped in my mind
That's why they got me locked up in this padded white room
Now I'm talking to myself like a psychopathic fool
And they sticking me with needles, stuffing my mouth with pills
And since there's nothing else to do, I think of ways to kill
Add a touch of gunpowder; just to make my mind click
To make my just like my master; a lunatic
Welcome to starter city, where people have psycho thoughts
There's visions of dead bodies, just not around pull-up park
So go get a chainsaw and (unintelligible) I cut it
Body parts start to drippin' and the blood starts to pourin'
So I sit in the darkness and check my attire
And if I start to get hungry, I go and pour me a screwdriver
My thoughts are all wicked, body parts are delicious
I find myself with a butcher knife and I go plan a killing
See the way that I do things, I do it the psycho way
Michael Myers was killing, to chicken bone life is child's play
Never slack up on murders, cause I'm creeping with the body bag
Psychopathic schizophrenic sleeping in a ski MAAAAAAAAsk

Chicken bone now it's on, now it's on, now it's on X 100+

Quote from: The Gipper

Classic keyboard skate champion talk right there.

you need to stop thinking people do what you tell them bc they dont.

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2014, 12:54:05 PM »
This would be ideal in my book. Also, Riley and Rowan will save Baker, if it even needs saving. I know that those two are the reason I've been more interested in Baker lately.

dillanharp

« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2014, 01:04:30 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Those people must be from Florida right? At least the South?

HA! First thing I thought. That or it's a Yellawolf concert.