Author Topic: Shane Heyl/Shake Junt destroying Baker skateboards  (Read 11734 times)

rocketofftopic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 37
Re: Shane Heyl/Shake Junt destroying Baker skateboards
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2014, 01:18:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Those people must be from Florida right? At least the South?
[close]

HA! First thing I thought. That or it's a Yellawolf concert.

shake junt = the juggalos of skateboarding

shark tits

« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2014, 01:23:13 PM »
kickin it w/ TW, kickin it w/ TW. tommy wright III is real, does that mean rudeboy mandemi is real too?

MOUNTAIN

• Rep: 211
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2014, 01:43:17 PM »
We used to skate on a sculpture by Henry Moore. Good times.

MeanestCleanestPenis

• Rep: 40
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2014, 01:46:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I remember Reynolds talking in his epicly later'd about how Baker always put on the guys nobody wanted and how they never really went through a bad time.

Well, the bad times came and he had to kick off a load of his friends due to money problems. I can't help but think they have been fucked over by the whole shake junt bullshit, the association making their brand look like one of the cheesiest on the market. Around Baker 3 it was team of hollywood misfits that wouldn't fit anywhere else, the last few years, apart from Reynolds killing it, the first thing I think of is Shane Heyl's stupid face shouting some stupid shit into the camera. Definitely put me off the brand. I'm sure the idiots that buy shake junt gear must have bought a few boards but the whole thing must have turned the majority off the brand.

Discuss
[close]

baker 3 came out 9 years ago, i'm sorry that you don't understand that skateboarding changes constantly. in reference to the bolded quotes, i'm sorry that you're so easily distracted from the amazing skateboarding baker/deathwish/shake junt(yes, they have a corny/questionable image, but their video was amazing) have been putting out over the last few years.
[close]

Yeah it was 9 years ago and skateboarding has changed but the things that made the company successful in the first place should probably remain with minor tweaks to allow the company to continue to be successful. The problem is lots of the company's footage comes out through Shake Junt and Heyl's bullshit is always forefront in that. As has been discussed on here numerous times there is plenty more to it than just amazing skateboarding. You won't sell shit if your brand is not presented in the right manner. Look at Selfish, Jereme is a great skateboarder, why is he not selling tons of product? Baker should have kept on doing what they were doing and kept Heyl/shake junt in the background
[close]

terrible terrible comparison. Jereme rogers would never survive amongst today's am's wheras most of the baker crew ten years ago would all be considered gnarly in today's standards. Go watch jereme play shane oneill in berrics to see his latest skating and how good he is. dude is sloppy as hell. yeah hes got switch ledge tricks when he weighed 90 pounds and was sixteen years old. i havnt seen shit to get psyched on that dudes skating since yeah right came out and ill admit he was ahead of his time then but very limited bag of tricks and what he chooses to skate made him seem kinda mundane
[close]

Speaking of terrible comparisons....How can you compare a bunch of Baker dudes in their prime to a fledgling Jereme Rogers? Obviously skaters in their prime will skate better than a guy heading towards the end of his career.

Think you guys missed my point, with so many great skateboarders out there how you present your brand/image is more important than ever. Everything has to be on point: skating, art direction, product, editing of clips etc. Think how many people say "he is really good but I just don't give a shit". Allowing your brand to be tainted with the shake junt corniness is not going to help sales. You think the average skater kid is looking at that SJ crew pictured on the first page thinking how they want to be associated with them? No way, it is a bit like getting chucked in with the juggalos. They will probably just go and buy a girl board

castillo's curls

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2014, 01:54:24 PM »
GET YO SHOPPIN' ON!!

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 555
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2014, 02:09:20 PM »
Think you guys missed my point, with so many great skateboarders out there how you present your brand/image is more important than ever. Everything has to be on point: skating, art direction, product, editing of clips etc. Think how many people say "he is really good but I just don't give a shit". Allowing your brand to be tainted with the shake junt corniness is not going to help sales. You think the average skater kid is looking at that SJ crew pictured on the first page thinking how they want to be associated with them? No way, it is a bit like getting chucked in with the juggalos. They will probably just go and buy a girl board

i think you underestimate how many kids are actually into this.

not every skater thinks like your typical slap poster.

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2014, 02:15:47 PM »
Edit: my board went off :D
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

MareVitals

• Rep: -38
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2014, 02:46:00 PM »
I ate this shit up when I was young. I can't stand to even look at the ads now.
I don't think it got worse, I think I just grew out of it.
Some things are cool when you're 14-16.
But hey maybe "hijinx" is going the way of the buffalo.

pinche gringo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2014, 03:23:51 PM »
The team is sick. The image has never been my thing. Anything shake junt is how I identify people to avoid conversation with.

poorlatino

• Rep: 41
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2014, 03:44:48 PM »
Baker has 3 will always hold a special place in my life and skateboarding and I'm thankful for that. I loved the Deathwish video, and will always respect certain members of the team, however I will not being purchasing any of their product anymore. As a 23 year old, I've come to enjoy the proper placement in branding with no gimmicks.

WeirdBeach

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 14

piece of shit, straight up.

• Rep: -182
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2014, 07:04:37 PM »
Baker has 3 will always hold a special place in my life and skateboarding and I'm thankful for that. I loved the Deathwish video, and will always respect certain members of the team, however I will not being purchasing any of their product anymore. As a 23 year old, I've come to enjoy the proper placement in branding with no gimmicks.

U gud lil consumer.

jimi420

« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2014, 07:14:31 PM »
People act like branding had nothing to do with how you feel about buying a product. I feel like when someone buys a deck they choose the brand they identify with our a brand they want to skate like. Because of Shake Junt Baker has a trailer trash image and it's probably turned off a good portion of their original demographic. Baker used to have that sleezeball Hollywood image that was cooler than fuck, but now they have the image of those kids who.wear Jinko Jeans and beaters and smoke ditchweed that they were convinced was some good shit.

juhzden

• Rep: 6
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2014, 08:02:31 PM »
People act like branding had nothing to do with how you feel about buying a product. I feel like when someone buys a deck they choose the brand they identify with our a brand they want to skate like. Because of Shake Junt Baker has a trailer trash image and it's probably turned off a good portion of their original demographic. Baker used to have that sleezeball Hollywood image that was cooler than fuck, but now they have the image of those kids who.wear Jinko Jeans and beaters and smoke ditchweed that they were convinced was some good shit.

What kind of fucked up place do you live? Those type of people around here skate any brand as long as it's from TGM.

Joe Davola

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2014, 08:32:57 PM »
Because of Shake Junt Baker has a trailer trash image and it's probably turned off a good portion of their original demographic. Baker used to have that sleezeball Hollywood image that was cooler than fuck, but now they have the image of those kids who.wear Jinko Jeans and beaters and smoke ditchweed that they were convinced was some good shit.
What the fuck are you talking about?

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -116
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2014, 08:48:23 PM »
Baker and ShakeJunt's target audience is Juggalos, teenagers, and people who smoke until they disappear. Plus Baker board shapes are awful.

ben3350

• Rep: -156
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2014, 10:04:30 AM »
Shake Junt actually has great riders and a kickass video. I think Baker would have run into money problems with or without shake junt.

I'm not a fan of shane or of the whole branding style, but shake junt puts out some good vids and they have reynolds and dollin

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2014, 10:29:45 AM »
Anything shake junt is how I identify people to avoid conversation with.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3288
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2014, 11:04:42 AM »
We should come up with a word to describe Shake Junt kidz like the word Juggalos describes ICP fanz.

Any ideas?

Shakeys?
Junt Cunts?
The Mouths On The Other Side Of Gloryholes?
SeaPunkX?

BraveUlysses

« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2014, 11:22:35 AM »
Going to be using the term "Junt Cunts" in conversations now.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2014, 12:51:37 PM »
We should come up with a word to describe Shake Junt kidz like the word Juggalos describes ICP fanz.

Any ideas?

Shakeys?
Junt Cunts?
The Mouths On The Other Side Of Gloryholes?
SeaPunkX?

I personally like shakeys, but junt cunts will do.

although he can be extremely obnoxious, actually seeing shane skate in person is a pleasure. always a good time.