Author Topic: Legendary tales about skaters  (Read 59953 times)

vegan*shawn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Legendary tales about skaters
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2014, 11:55:39 PM »
Tim Von Werne's story is true, he was going to talk about being a gay skater and Jeremy Kline had him kicked off Birdhouse.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2014, 01:59:26 AM »
Tim Von Werne's story is true, he was going to talk about being a gay skater and Jeremy Kline had him kicked off Birdhouse.

Apparently it wasn't just Klien that had an issue with it, there was talk that everyone on the team and at Blitz had a series of phone calls addressing how deal with the "situation" and Tony was under a lot of pressure to drop him and keep it under wraps. Last word on Tim was he'd moved to the UK after all the bullshit.

David Puddy

• Rep: -1
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2014, 02:10:03 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Apparently it wasn't just Klien that had an issue with it, there was talk that everyone on the team and at Blitz had a series of phone calls addressing how deal with the "situation" and Tony was under a lot of pressure to drop him and keep it under wraps. Last word on Tim was he'd moved to the UK after all the bullshit.
http://www.huckmagazine.com/perspectives/reportage-2/gay-skaters/

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2014, 02:10:29 AM »
-Chris Senn throwing away his son's rollerblades

-So many Lenny Kirk ones, but favorite I've heard was him fasting until he was delirious at a demo

-Hoffart & Biel

-Some pro (blanking on who) allegedly wearing kneepads under their pants at the Thrasher Wallenberg contest

-A birdhouse pro allegedly getting a talented birdhouse am kicked off the team due to their sexual orientation (this was in a YouTube comment, as with anything you read on the internet, who knows if it's true).

-Chad Knight having the same name as an adult film star and pleading with him via e-mail to change it

-Dave Mayhew missing an Osiris team meeting; then being assigned the D3 model by default--eventually enabling him to retire from skateboarding �

If this is true, Im speechless.

needlejuice

• Rep: -101
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2014, 06:24:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Nick Merlino had sex with a regular chick.
[close]

Nothing too crazy about two special needs people making sweet love. 
[close]

Yeah, and people should really stop being prejudiced against incest. It is part of the USA's rich cultural heritage.

dude regular gay incest is where its at bruh
try to remember, forget

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1482
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2014, 06:26:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
http://www.huckmagazine.com/perspectives/reportage-2/gay-skaters/
Thanks for the link.  It still trips me out that skateboarding has been one upped by the military and the NFL in its acceptance of gays.  Institutional homophobia is still okay in the skateboard industry.  Fuck that.  Somebody in charge please step up and change this shit.  Now.

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2014, 07:29:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Nothing too crazy about two special needs people making sweet love. 
[close]

Yeah, and people should really stop being prejudiced against incest. It is part of the USA's rich cultural heritage.

Aren't you from England? I'm pretty sure incest is a rather royal tradition. 
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 118
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2014, 07:44:11 AM »
Josh Kasper was wearing hip pads at wallenburg not knee pads

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2014, 07:52:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Nothing too crazy about two special needs people making sweet love.�
[close]

[close]

Aren't you from England? I'm pretty sure incest is a rather royal tradition.�

Yep. The royal family aren't even British though. I blame the Germans...

I think regular incest knows no borders. Universal love.

"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
  • rawr
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2014, 09:25:13 AM »
Did anyone ever hear anything about Coco Santiago beating up Bam? I know thrasher has referenced it a couple times, but I've never heard the story.

im probably lying

shark tits

« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2014, 09:27:36 AM »
Did anyone ever hear anything about Coco Santiago beating up Bam? I know thrasher has referenced it a couple times, but I've never heard the story.
yeah, coco showed up at the spot and asked 'you want serrated gnarliness, holmes? there's a can of chinga tu madras on the table, help yourself' and bam made fun of coco's ese slang before getting pummeled.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2014, 10:15:20 AM »
fuckin way to go pj!
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Jim and Dan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
  • Twenty-six Conversions in A.D. 46
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2014, 10:22:52 AM »
all of these stories are 'reledgedly'.
eric j backside 180'd wallenberg w/ no cameras [before anything had been down it asides ollie].
robbie gangemi knocked off rob welsh's SF hat and said 'nigga, you ain't from SF, you from Maine.'
PJ banged alexis sablone.
arial nodded out at government center and eli reed gave him a dirty look and a 'you could've been something' type spiel so arial got up, cabbed the 8 stair and nodded back out.
jon klein stole frank gerwer's gf and married her, sending frank headfirst into alcoholism.
PJ had an epiphany and said aloud 'i'll never have to work a real job in my life' then cackled maniacally.
when some goodnatured horseplay got out of control, pigpen curbstomped a girl.
my buddy grinded a UHAUL bumper and the owner of the truck started throttling him. charlie wilkins came out of the cut and put the man in a chokehold.
after he went crazy, kyle vadeboncuer got good at fighting. he'd just practice all the time, fighting anyone in the street.

I knew I could count on you for an epic tale!

Didn't like Heddings & Pigpen used to smoke crack on those 151 tours?

Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

"My boiz better take my body, and boardslide me down the fucking bridge, in San Francisco"

shark tits

« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2014, 10:52:18 AM »
Expand Quote
eric j backside 180'd wallenberg w/ no cameras [before anything had been down it asides ollie].
robbie gangemi knocked off rob welsh's SF hat and said 'nigga, you ain't from SF, you from Maine.'
arial nodded out at government center and eli reed gave him a dirty look and a 'you could've been something' type spiel so arial got up, cabbed the 8 stair and nodded back out.
jon klein stole frank gerwer's gf and married her, sending frank headfirst into alcoholism.
PJ had an epiphany and said aloud 'i'll never have to work a real job in my life' then cackled maniacally.
my buddy grinded a UHAUL bumper and the owner of the truck started throttling him. charlie wilkins came out of the cut and put the man in a chokehold.
after he went crazy, kyle vadeboncuer got good at fighting. he'd just practice all the time, fighting anyone in the street.
[close]

i wouldn't doubt it but i don't have any good secondhand accounts. a long time ago i worked at yellowstone and my boss was a portland skater so if i wanted to fuck off for a little bit i'd ask him for a pigpen story or something and he always delivered. i don't think he knew heddings as well since he moved to san diego so long ago. there usedta be a couple deaf skaters at burnside, the black kid ripped but apparently he ran to ATL to avoid a rape charge.
then brent atchley told us a story about 'deaf tom' he was taking a shit at a bar and passed out on the toilet. when he awoke the bar was closed so he just started drinking. the cops come and yell at him to stop and comply but he's deaf so he keeps drinking. then they beat the living shit out of him so he's got a lawsuit against portland PD.
those deaf tranny dogs, always up to no good!

Jim and Dan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2014, 10:59:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
i wouldn't doubt it but i don't have any good secondhand accounts. a long time ago i worked at yellowstone and my boss was a portland skater so if i wanted to fuck off for a little bit i'd ask him for a pigpen story or something and he always delivered. i don't think he knew heddings as well since he moved to san diego so long ago. there usedta be a couple deaf skaters at burnside, the black kid ripped but apparently he ran to ATL to avoid a rape charge.
then brent atchley told us a story about 'deaf tom' he was taking a shit at a bar and passed out on the toilet. when he awoke the bar was closed so he just started drinking. the cops come and yell at him to stop and comply but he's deaf so he keeps drinking. then they beat the living shit out of him so he's got a lawsuit against portland PD.

Paul Johnson was his name, holy fucking memory.

Him and Scott Kekk (sp?) had a little thing in Thrasher maybe 13/14 years ago; I believe Kekk had one eye.

The Atchley story was excellent.

"My boiz better take my body, and boardslide me down the fucking bridge, in San Francisco"

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2014, 11:08:00 AM »
Hi antwuan

i heard you slayed some waterloo yesterday, how big was she?

I don't believe you, ill ask your friends over there swimming
YO,HOW BIG WAS THE WATERLOO SHANTELL?

macgruber

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • Just Tell Me What You Want Me To FUUUUUUCK
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2014, 11:10:17 AM »
Cardiel at Marseilles on a broken board.

Jim and Dan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2014, 11:11:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Hi antwuan

i heard you slayed some waterloo yesterday, how big was she?

I don't believe you, ill ask your friends over there swimming
YO,HOW BIG WAS THE WATERLOO SHANTELL?

[close]

Yes ttching! for the win!

The Woodsman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2014, 12:03:27 PM »
Expand Quote
It was Kasper at Wallenburg.  I always forget the name of the Birdhouse am who was gay but I know that there was a pro who complained about it and it was supposedly Jeremy.

The Mayhew one happened.  I remember him mentioning it in an interview.

Wasn't Lennie Kirk super fucked up and randomly skating around SF when he came across that huge double kink he 50-50ed?

Here's a good one: Jake Johnson's double set wallride in Mind Field was done with an ankle that was so fucked up he was using duct tape to keep it together.  I believe it was one of the first times he was skating with Kalis.  He was super nervous and wasn't planning on doing anything crazy but they found that double set and he did a few wallrides down the first set, smoked a bowl, and then did the whole thing.

RIP AWS  :'(
[close]

I think that's gnarlier than the ankle part. How people smoke to skate and do shit like that is beyond me. If I smoke I think about everything that could go wrong.

I have personally skated with Jake a few times and he always has weed on him, ALWAYS. He is constantly high so I'm sure that most of the stuff he has filmed has been while high.
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
-Gandhi

shark tits

« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2014, 12:11:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Him and Scott Kekk (sp?) had a little thing in Thrasher maybe 13/14 years ago; I believe Kekk had one eye.

is scott kekk the one who got shanked when they were running the junkies out? his girlfriend brought me from lincoln city to portland once when i was stranded out there drunk for a wk.

foley_

• Rep: 7
« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2014, 01:15:13 PM »
heath and skatetalk bob getting lost then calling the cops wasted saying they'd found a dead body in an attempt to spend a night in the drunk tank

JAesop

« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2014, 01:40:48 PM »
So I just noticed Brian patch placed at Vans Pro Tech...thought that he was up on the statutory rape charges ? Anybody have the scoop on that one? I read some accounts and the whole thing seemed shady, like the truth wasn't really coming out from either side.

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2014, 01:53:18 PM »
So I just noticed Brian patch placed at Vans Pro Tech...thought that he was up on the statutory rape charges ? Anybody have the scoop on that one? I read some accounts and the whole thing seemed shady, like the truth wasn't really coming out from either side.

http://sports.espn.go.com/action/skateboarding/news/story?id=6542382

""We're happy that those unwarranted charges were dismissed in the interest of justice," said Patch's co-council Gary Labin, adding, "With a plea deal, you know exactly what you're getting. With a jury trial, you never know what's going to happen."

In a prepared statement sent via email, Patch wrote, "There is a Supreme Court judicial opinion that states: 'There is not an easier charge made and a more difficult to disprove.' To keep my friends, family, and alleged victim from suffering any further, when faced with this dilemma and presented a deal offered by the D.A., I had to take it."

Nevertheless, Patch's team said they were prepared for trial. According to Labin, Patch's case was mishandled from the start by one of the officers, who's now being held on unrelated charges of kidnapping and rape. "And I can't speak for the prosecution," he added, "but it certainly doesn't help their case when the alleged victim is yelling at the judge, 'He's not guilty!' She told the court that her father had threatened her if she didn't [point the finger at Patch]. " "

oldgoodburger

« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2014, 01:55:13 PM »
didn't vov fuck his best friend's wife? i know some vert dude did

doublesteveburger

« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2014, 01:58:06 PM »
Patrick O’Dell tells me about an incident ten years ago where a skater who was rumoured to be gay left a tour after somebody said, ‘Oh, I heard you were a faggot.’ “It turned into the hugest fight with three skaters being extremely homophobic and the others sticking up for him,” says O’Dell. But while these incidents paint the worst possible picture of sections of skateboarding, Tim points out that, while on Birdhouse “there was no one I met when I was skateboarding or that I have ever talked to in skateboarding who ever had a problem with me being gay”.

interesting.

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 737
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2014, 03:34:19 PM »
didn't vov fuck his best friend's wife? i know some vert dude did

That was the boss Hawk. Vov is too busy slaying jailbait in Brazil.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

pinche gringo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2014, 04:24:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

'Deaf Paul' still lives in Portland. Apparently, his preferred method of intercourse hasn't changed.

pinche gringo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2014, 04:26:27 PM »
Peter Gunn bombed prescott in the rain, on acid, and barefoot, while carrying a bag of groceries and a gallon of milk

Edit: Hill's at 25:30 if anyone cares. I recommend the whole video to those interested http://youtu.be/VghCbdWOwSE?t=25m30s You get going around 35-40 by my estimates
That video is rad. I couldn't remember Kyle Hagerty's last name a while back. What's that dude up to? He and Alex White were campers at skatecamp when I worked there.

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 664
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2014, 04:30:27 PM »
The Fabry incident.  More so that he lived.

I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2014, 04:37:26 PM »
not exactly legendary but entertaining nonetheless... i remember reading in Slap a tale about Chet Thomas beating up Duane Peters.

Also Richard Paez punching Jake Phelps in the nose when he was like 16.

Expand Quote
Peter Gunn bombed prescott in the rain, on acid, and barefoot, while carrying a bag of groceries and a gallon of milk

Edit: Hill's at 25:30 if anyone cares. I recommend the whole video to those interested http://youtu.be/VghCbdWOwSE?t=25m30s You get going around 35-40 by my estimates
[close]
That video is rad. I couldn't remember Kyle Hagerty's last name a while back. What's that dude up to? He and Alex White were campers at skatecamp when I worked there.
damn we must've all grown up around the same area.. i remember most of those dudes when they were young, i was gone by the time Peter started getting noticed; but he always ripped.