Author Topic: Legendary tales about skaters  (Read 59831 times)

weaselhead

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 36
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Legendary tales about skaters
« Reply #60 on: May 19, 2014, 07:43:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Peter Gunn bombed prescott in the rain, on acid, and barefoot, while carrying a bag of groceries and a gallon of milk

Edit: Hill's at 25:30 if anyone cares. I recommend the whole video to those interested http://youtu.be/VghCbdWOwSE?t=25m30s You get going around 35-40 by my estimates
[close]
That video is rad. I couldn't remember Kyle Hagerty's last name a while back. What's that dude up to? He and Alex White were campers at skatecamp when I worked there.
[close]
damn we must've all grown up around the same area.. i remember most of those dudes when they were young, i was gone by the time Peter started getting noticed; but he always ripped.

An internet forum meeting of skate generations!? Haha they were just about old enough to be counselers for me and my friends (no way that happened though). Do either of you remember Heath Sherratt? He's another guy who five-ten years ago was talked about religiously. Stories of him definitely blew my mind apart.

To pinche gringo, a friend of his told me a few years ago that he works as a firefighter somewhere around shasta/redding now.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 11:12:23 PM by weaselhead »
I heard it today, "make money, buy sandwiches".

Andrew

• Rep: 100
  • lightcatcher
« Reply #61 on: May 19, 2014, 08:46:09 PM »
all the lennie kirk stories from kalis' epicly latrd

mainly the story of how lennie kirk got deep into religion

if you didn't see it-

lennie got run over by a pacific bell truck one day skating in sf
board broke and the tires went all the way across his chest w/ multiple witnesses
he got up without a scratch
then the next day he's skating through traffic/running red lights and a taxi driver yells at him "DONT YOU SEE THE LIGHT"
boom
religious fanatic

i also like the one fred gall tells where fred is chillin outside a laundromat waiting for his clothes in a scummy part of jersey when lennie rolls up on a bike and starts mean mugging some thug walking by. the thug goes, "what the fuck are you lookin at" whereby lennie decides it's a good idea to say "why dont you go home and get your gun and shoot me then??"
the dude returns dusted out on a bike with a metal pipe and starts swinging at freddy and lennie, eventually lennie gets his arm broken and gets away while fred and some other dude lead the dusted out thug dude to the top of a gnarly hill and bomb it, losing the thug guy behind

The only thing you nerds grind down is yer keyboard keys.

pinche gringo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
« Reply #62 on: May 19, 2014, 10:45:40 PM »
To pinche gringo, a friend of his, Derek, told me a few years ago that he works as a firefighter somewhere around shasta/redding now.
Rad. Thanks.

Edit: Richard Paez KO'ed Phelps for calling him 'Hamburger Jr' in Germany when he was 16.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 10:47:36 PM by pinche gringo »

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #63 on: May 20, 2014, 11:12:13 AM »
Expand Quote
To pinche gringo, a friend of his, Derek, told me a few years ago that he works as a firefighter somewhere around shasta/redding now.
[close]
Rad. Thanks.

Edit: Richard Paez KO'ed Phelps for calling him 'Hamburger Jr' in Germany when he was 16.

Forgot about Richard knocking Phelps out ha ha, you still talk to Richard these days? Still remember meeting him, Jesse and Tim at Hanford and they took us to a pool.

Ron B

• Rep: 9
« Reply #64 on: May 20, 2014, 12:21:10 PM »
Bill Pepper also fought Phelps & a few other heads at the Thrasher office after getting their "Most Annoying Skater Award" #4
http://www.skateboardermag.com/features/15-things-you-didnt-know-about-element/

Also I think it might of been Andy Roy (I'm really not sure) talking about how Harold Hunter ate out a hooker in some hallway while he watched. I'm surprised there ain't more Harold stories actually.

cookieboy

• Rep: 10
« Reply #65 on: May 20, 2014, 12:29:49 PM »

#NEVERFORGET

So what's the story behind this one? I see a lot of posters reference this but I never got to see that episode.

David Puddy

• Rep: -1
« Reply #66 on: May 20, 2014, 12:45:29 PM »
Bill Pepper also fought Phelps & a few other heads at the Thrasher office after getting their "Most Annoying Skater Award" #4

Also I think it might of been Andy Roy (I'm really not sure) talking about how Harold Hunter ate out a hooker in some hallway while he watched. I'm surprised there ain't more Harold stories actually.
What about the one where Harold passed out in the Zoo York office bathroom after jerking off, only to be found by Jeff Pang or Robbie Gangemi or whoever.

shark tits

« Reply #67 on: May 20, 2014, 01:02:19 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
What about the one where Harold passed out in the Zoo York office bathroom after jerking off, only to be found by Jeff Pang or Robbie Gangemi or whoever.
i read the one recently puddy but that's nothing to eating a creampie out of hooker that andy roy just left in there. harold you gross beast!

Andrew

• Rep: 100
  • lightcatcher
« Reply #68 on: May 20, 2014, 02:29:30 PM »
sinclair told one in his free lunch where he said that harold licked some random chick's feet at a bus stop then made out with a drive thru employee later that night
The only thing you nerds grind down is yer keyboard keys.

David Puddy

• Rep: -1
« Reply #69 on: May 20, 2014, 03:11:34 PM »

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #70 on: May 20, 2014, 03:18:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Peter Gunn bombed prescott in the rain, on acid, and barefoot, while carrying a bag of groceries and a gallon of milk

Edit: Hill's at 25:30 if anyone cares. I recommend the whole video to those interested http://youtu.be/VghCbdWOwSE?t=25m30s You get going around 35-40 by my estimates
[close]
That video is rad. I couldn't remember Kyle Hagerty's last name a while back. What's that dude up to? He and Alex White were campers at skatecamp when I worked there.
[close]
damn we must've all grown up around the same area.. i remember most of those dudes when they were young, i was gone by the time Peter started getting noticed; but he always ripped.
[close]

An internet forum meeting of skate generations!? Haha they were just about old enough to be counselers for me and my friends (no way that happened though). Do either of you remember Heath Sherratt? He's another guy who five-ten years ago was talked about religiously. Stories of him definitely blew my mind apart.

To pinche gringo, a friend of his told me a few years ago that he works as a firefighter somewhere around shasta/redding now.

Oh yeah, i used to skate with Heath quite a bit.  He was one of those hometown rippers that was better than most of the pros you'd meet (he was a little older than me, and light years better).  All the sickest shit in that area was done by him... the biggest hills, biggest gaps, etc.. I remember he moved up to SF and got a little coverage in some mags but that was awhile ago.

And yeah I do know that Kyle Haggerty is a firefighter up in that area, a friend of mine works with him.  I don't really remember him other than when he was REAL young, and he used to skate at this indoor park/vert ramp and rip pretty hard for a little dude.  Jason Jessee was a regular there.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 03:24:24 PM by bea! »

zombiesoybot

• Rep: 5
« Reply #71 on: May 20, 2014, 05:54:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
It was Kasper at Wallenburg.  I always forget the name of the Birdhouse am who was gay but I know that there was a pro who complained about it and it was supposedly Jeremy.

The Mayhew one happened.  I remember him mentioning it in an interview.

Wasn't Lennie Kirk super fucked up and randomly skating around SF when he came across that huge double kink he 50-50ed?

Here's a good one: Jake Johnson's double set wallride in Mind Field was done with an ankle that was so fucked up he was using duct tape to keep it together.  I believe it was one of the first times he was skating with Kalis.  He was super nervous and wasn't planning on doing anything crazy but they found that double set and he did a few wallrides down the first set, smoked a bowl, and then did the whole thing.

RIP AWS  :'(
[close]

I think that's gnarlier than the ankle part. How people smoke to skate and do shit like that is beyond me. If I smoke I think about everything that could go wrong.
[close]

I have personally skated with Jake a few times and he always has weed on him, ALWAYS. He is constantly high so I'm sure that most of the stuff he has filmed has been while high.

we were skating this spot once and he couldnt land this switch wall ride that he was trying for an hour, took a hit, then landed it next try.  lands it and says "thank you weed!" i shit myself, it was the quote of the trip.

pinche gringo

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #72 on: May 20, 2014, 06:39:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Rad. Thanks.

[close]

Forgot about Richard knocking Phelps out ha ha, you still talk to Richard these days? Still remember meeting him, Jesse and Tim at Hanford and they took us to a pool.
If I see him when I go to Visalia. I don't really go out of my way to see many people besides my mom when I'm there. I go skate and I'm stoked to run into whoever I run into.

plonster

• Rep: 10
« Reply #73 on: May 20, 2014, 07:23:08 PM »
Sheffey fighting off half of Wu Tang with a windshield wiper

Also clarification on some Penny myths, dude is the man

http://skateboarding.transworld.net/1000013538/features/calm-cool-and-carefree-the-legend-of-tom-penny/

pinche gringo

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #74 on: May 21, 2014, 01:30:20 AM »
In the early 90's, Tom Knox duked it out with a Tulare County Sheriff and got off on self defense.

greenmilktea

• Rep: -10
« Reply #75 on: May 21, 2014, 03:12:35 AM »
the one where grant taylor showed up to pyramid ledges in new york and didn't say hi or acknowledge kalis (during their time as teammates)

that always bummed me out

Kevin Malone

• Rep: -31
« Reply #76 on: May 21, 2014, 09:12:55 AM »
the one where grant taylor showed up to pyramid ledges in new york and didn't say hi or acknowledge kalis (during their time as teammates)

that always bummed me out

Are you kidding me? That's amazing.. So soft.

gnidraobetaks

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 22
  • this is joab
« Reply #77 on: May 21, 2014, 11:30:38 AM »
daviiiid fucked a unicorn and now has a rainbow dong.

Gotta manscape ... it's mandatory.

spungo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 137
  • Lord Ganesha
« Reply #78 on: May 21, 2014, 02:20:57 PM »
In the early 90's, Tom Knox duked it out with a Tulare County Sheriff and got off on self defense.

I had a Tom Knox T-Shirt in the early 90's with a Raymond Pettibon graphic that had a dude hitting a cop with his skateboard and it said "Nowhere to run, now it's your turn"  Never heard that story, it's cool to hear about the graphic. 

here's a link to the shirt.  isuck at internet

http://thumbnail.image.rakuten.co.jp/@0_mall/dragtrain/cabinet/thrasher/sc-knox-bf2.jpg
do more yoga!

Kanye Omari West

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -360
« Reply #79 on: May 21, 2014, 04:35:25 PM »
Something about Bob Burnquist getting some underage chick pregnant?

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #80 on: May 21, 2014, 07:00:08 PM »
17!? come on!!
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

weaselhead

• Rep: 36
« Reply #81 on: May 21, 2014, 07:16:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

Oh yeah, i used to skate with Heath quite a bit.  He was one of those hometown rippers that was better than most of the pros you'd meet (he was a little older than me, and light years better).  All the sickest shit in that area was done by him... the biggest hills, biggest gaps, etc.. I remember he moved up to SF and got a little coverage in some mags but that was awhile ago.

And yeah I do know that Kyle Haggerty is a firefighter up in that area, a friend of mine works with him.  I don't really remember him other than when he was REAL young, and he used to skate at this indoor park/vert ramp and rip pretty hard for a little dude.  Jason Jessee was a regular there.

Sounds awesome to have witnessed.

I'm still bitter about that park closing during my early youth...Only got to skate there once. The friends and I tried learning how to ollie for about half an hour then became more enticed with butt sliding into the vert ramp and trying to peel our favorite stickers off the tops of the banks without ripping them. We sucked
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 07:40:05 PM by weaselhead »
I heard it today, "make money, buy sandwiches".

Wizard Fight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #82 on: May 22, 2014, 12:05:57 PM »

'Deaf Paul' still lives in Portland. Apparently, his preferred method of intercourse hasn't changed.

He was in KOTR 2013. You have any news stories or evidence I can check out? I'm pretty bummed to hear accusations of rape against him.

pinche gringo

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #83 on: May 22, 2014, 12:17:13 PM »
Expand Quote

'Deaf Paul' still lives in Portland. Apparently, his preferred method of intercourse hasn't changed.
[close]

He was in KOTR 2013. You have any news stories or evidence I can check out? I'm pretty bummed to hear accusations of rape against him.
I doubt anything is going to happen from the allegation I heard about. For everyone's sake I hope it is untrue.

wallieD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #84 on: May 22, 2014, 01:04:24 PM »
cobra cole takes a portable foam pit to all the bigger spots. he has to land the trick 20 times before he gets rid of it, and allows the filmers to take their cameras out.  one time a lurker managed to snap a cellphone pic

The Donger

• Rep: -63
« Reply #85 on: May 24, 2014, 02:11:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Nick Merlino had sex with a regular chick.
[close]

Nothing too crazy about two special needs people making sweet love.? 

Head injury regular or down syndrome regular?

Gaius Julius NZA

• Rep: 0
« Reply #86 on: May 24, 2014, 09:29:13 AM »
Wasn't there beef between Heath and Ethan? I thought they addressed it in a Skate Talk. Think they deleted that one.

hufs calve muscles

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #87 on: May 24, 2014, 11:20:53 AM »
I've read it a million time but for real.. Did Shawn Powers really smash RiRi??? 
If it's a inside joke then well played

And Hoffart pumping Jessica Biel is so rad.

OopsPoops

• Rep: 8
« Reply #88 on: May 24, 2014, 05:36:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Nick Merlino had sex with a regular chick.
[close]

Nothing too crazy about two special needs people making sweet love.? 
[close]

Head injury regular or down syndrome regular?

Or physically regular?
Merlino looks like he has a thing for wheelchairs.

yapple dapple

« Reply #89 on: May 24, 2014, 09:37:49 PM »
Markovich getting kicked out of Wade Speyer's 21st Bithdayday party for getting too drunk and trying to fight ...............

Hold on. I need to fact check before I drop a name.