Author Topic: Legendary tales about skaters  (Read 59841 times)

360 frip

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
Legendary tales about skaters
« on: May 18, 2014, 05:24:04 AM »
The recent sheffey story inspired this. Any legendary tales about skaters true or unconfirmed? The seedier the better.
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
Re: Legendary tales about skaters
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 05:39:32 AM »
Jason Jessee talking shit to Peanut Brown, got racial, and got his ass kicked.  Does that count?

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 06:25:58 AM »
Jason Jessee talking shit to Peanut Brown, got racial, and got his ass kicked.  Does that count?

Well, there is only me and you here tonight, so I'm kind of easy.
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

cuntzilla

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -63
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 06:52:17 AM »

#NEVERFORGET
I don't rollerblade, I play ROLLER HOCKEY! I've been kicking haters like you to the curb forever

carbonite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
    • frozen in carbonite avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2014, 07:11:07 AM »
shaun powers had sex with rhianna

tkp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
    • shop lurker avatar image
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2014, 08:16:04 AM »
scott bourne and a friend skated/walked through the bart tunnel in between san francisco and oakland.

"having never been down there and only going on scott's telling of it, it's miles long with no "safe place" to get away from the train, so you have to get through it before the trains start running again in the morning (he did it with a friend and they left after the last train). it's part downhill, part uphill, and with very little light, as well as skating between the rails the whole time. i can only imagine it's one of the sketchiest things you could possibly do." - whiteley

http://www.slapmagazine.com/component/option,com_jfusion/Itemid,4/index.php?topic=49344.msg1341317#msg1341317

i'd still like to hear scott's telling of the tale.

junior college

• Rep: -19
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2014, 08:34:57 AM »
jason evans bombing midland switch, at night, drunk with no shirt, in the rain

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2014, 10:25:16 AM »
The Tom Penny one about skating a mini ramp when suddenly the power went out and when it came back he was in the air catching a fs flip. Is it true?

Andrew

• Rep: 100
  • lightcatcher
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2014, 10:44:20 AM »
scott bourne and a friend skated/walked through the bart tunnel in between san francisco and oakland.

"having never been down there and only going on scott's telling of it, it's miles long with no "safe place" to get away from the train, so you have to get through it before the trains start running again in the morning (he did it with a friend and they left after the last train). it's part downhill, part uphill, and with very little light, as well as skating between the rails the whole time. i can only imagine it's one of the sketchiest things you could possibly do." - whiteley

http://www.slapmagazine.com/component/option,com_jfusion/Itemid,4/index.php?topic=49344.msg1341317#msg1341317

i'd still like to hear scott's telling of the tale.

jesus christ
The only thing you nerds grind down is yer keyboard keys.

KUberry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2014, 10:54:50 AM »
One time I watched Chet Childress pound 6 tall boys of PBR in Hawaii and then blunt bs 180 on a super sketchy bank to wall

oldgoodburger

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2014, 11:05:08 AM »

-Some pro (blanking on who) allegedly wearing kneepads under their pants at the Thrasher Wallenberg contest

-A birdhouse pro allegedly getting a talented birdhouse am kicked off the team due to their sexual orientation (this was in a YouTube comment, as with anything you read on the internet, who knows if it's true).

deetz?

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2014, 11:55:25 AM »
not a story per se but a friend of mine was a shoe(?) rep in calgary and did a  van tour (hockey rink footage in "major tom" ad) with tom penny thru some of western canada.  Apparently tom wasnt seen eating the whole time was drunk the whole time and his teeth were yellow.  He was saying that he wanted es to release a  clog as his pro model.  Also one time "apparently" the gonz was in the bc interior and was asked by an aquaintance of mine if he snowboarded and the gonz pretty much lost his shit at him so the dude told me. ha ha
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2014, 03:44:44 PM »
It was Kasper at Wallenburg.  I always forget the name of the Birdhouse am who was gay but I know that there was a pro who complained about it and it was supposedly Jeremy.

The Mayhew one happened.  I remember him mentioning it in an interview.

Wasn't Lennie Kirk super fucked up and randomly skating around SF when he came across that huge double kink he 50-50ed?

Here's a good one: Jake Johnson's double set wallride in Mind Field was done with an ankle that was so fucked up he was using duct tape to keep it together.  I believe it was one of the first times he was skating with Kalis.  He was super nervous and wasn't planning on doing anything crazy but they found that double set and he did a few wallrides down the first set, smoked a bowl, and then did the whole thing.

RIP AWS  :'(

arthurspooner

• Rep: 9
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2014, 03:54:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

-Some pro (blanking on who) allegedly wearing kneepads under their pants at the Thrasher Wallenberg contest

-A birdhouse pro allegedly getting a talented birdhouse am kicked off the team due to their sexual orientation (this was in a YouTube comment, as with anything you read on the internet, who knows if it's true).

[close]

deetz?
[close]

The Wallenberg kneepad rumor I'm almost positive was in that August '04 Thrasher with Jamie Thomas doing a wallie nosegrab on some brick bank to window spot--believe the article said there was a rumour going around during the contest that either Josh Kasper or Corey Sheppard (can't remember who exactly) was wearing them while trying something there.
Unfortunately, all my skate mags got thrown out once I moved out to college. Maybe someone else has that issue and can verify?  

You can search around for the specifics of the Birdhouse rumor in the comments section of the vid below; again, no idea how valid that poster's claims are:

Classics: Jeremy Klein "Asian Goddess"

I just typed into google, "birdhouse gay am" and they first one is from a magazine article on gay skateboarders. It says it was a dude named, Tim Von Werne.

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -311
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2014, 04:38:02 PM »
The Tom Penny one about skating a mini ramp when suddenly the power went out and when it came back he was in the air catching a fs flip. Is it true?

I want to belive.

shark tits

« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2014, 05:04:51 PM »
all of these stories are 'reledgedly'.
eric j backside 180'd wallenberg w/ no cameras [before anything had been down it asides ollie].
robbie gangemi knocked off rob welsh's SF hat and said 'nigga, you ain't from SF, you from Maine.'
PJ banged alexis sablone.
arial nodded out at government center and eli reed gave him a dirty look and a 'you could've been something' type spiel so arial got up, cabbed the 8 stair and nodded back out.
jon klein stole frank gerwer's gf and married her, sending frank headfirst into alcoholism.
PJ had an epiphany and said aloud 'i'll never have to work a real job in my life' then cackled maniacally.
when some goodnatured horseplay got out of control, pigpen curbstomped a girl.
my buddy grinded a UHAUL bumper and the owner of the truck started throttling him. charlie wilkins came out of the cut and put the man in a chokehold.
after he went crazy, kyle vadeboncuer got good at fighting. he'd just practice all the time, fighting anyone in the street.

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2014, 05:12:46 PM »
It was Kasper at Wallenburg.  I always forget the name of the Birdhouse am who was gay but I know that there was a pro who complained about it and it was supposedly Jeremy.

The Mayhew one happened.  I remember him mentioning it in an interview.

Wasn't Lennie Kirk super fucked up and randomly skating around SF when he came across that huge double kink he 50-50ed?

Here's a good one: Jake Johnson's double set wallride in Mind Field was done with an ankle that was so fucked up he was using duct tape to keep it together.  I believe it was one of the first times he was skating with Kalis.  He was super nervous and wasn't planning on doing anything crazy but they found that double set and he did a few wallrides down the first set, smoked a bowl, and then did the whole thing.

RIP AWS  :'(

I think that's gnarlier than the ankle part. How people smoke to skate and do shit like that is beyond me. If I smoke I think about everything that could go wrong.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 05:15:40 PM by ThugWaffle »

weaselhead

• Rep: 36
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2014, 05:15:18 PM »
Peter Gunn bombed prescott in the rain, on acid, and barefoot, while carrying a bag of groceries and a gallon of milk

Edit: Hill's at 25:30 if anyone cares. I recommend the whole video to those interested http://youtu.be/VghCbdWOwSE?t=25m30s You get going around 35-40 by my estimates
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 05:51:12 PM by weaselhead »
I heard it today, "make money, buy sandwiches".

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 720
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2014, 05:41:35 PM »
I'd believe it. I've seen that dude rip Donald barefoot and wasted.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

rly

• Rep: 0
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2014, 05:53:33 PM »
Not really legendary as such, but I watched a female acquaintance of Tom Penny berating him in a Copenhagen bar about the bagginess of his pants.

He replied with "..... they're Krew." and went back to playing pool.

Also heard of P-Rod giving out little individual bags of weed to most attendees at one of his shoe launch parties.

CumOnYourFace

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2014, 05:54:58 PM »

weaselhead

• Rep: 36
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2014, 06:11:39 PM »
I'd believe it. I've seen that dude rip Donald barefoot and wasted.

Ha! gnarliest guy... I grew up hearing/seeing stories about him that were just mind boggling. Shit from bombing the steepest hill in town (which that T's at the end) in pitch black to him getting out of high school everyday, immediately pushing down the hallway, and trying to ollie the 18 stair at the school (somedays he'd make it and somedays not). Naturally he was a very inspiring person to me
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 07:24:48 PM by weaselhead »
I heard it today, "make money, buy sandwiches".

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1474
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2014, 06:18:40 PM »
Expand Quote
It was Kasper at Wallenburg.  I always forget the name of the Birdhouse am who was gay but I know that there was a pro who complained about it and it was supposedly Jeremy.

The Mayhew one happened.  I remember him mentioning it in an interview.

Here's a good one: Jake Johnson's double set wallride in Mind Field was done with an ankle that was so fucked up he was using duct tape to keep it together.  I believe it was one of the first times he was skating with Kalis.  He was super nervous and wasn't planning on doing anything crazy but they found that double set and he did a few wallrides down the first set, smoked a bowl, and then did the whole thing.

RIP AWS  :'(
[close]

I think that's gnarlier than the ankle part. How people smoke to skate and do shit like that is beyond me. If I smoke I think about everything that could go wrong.
Quit smoking dat stress.

sid vicious

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 61
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2014, 06:27:33 PM »
i heard in the 80's at the peak of powell's popularity cabs board flew of a ramp & hit a kid in the head then later died.
anyone have any solid info on this?

i love all those world warehouse raid stories....
i think it was gavin saying they had so many board they couldn't fit them in the car and left them on the gutter.
markovich stratigically stacking/filling a board box with 39mm wheels

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2014, 06:42:22 PM »
Markovich used to ride out of his house and if he didn't like how a firecracker or an Ollie sounded, would focus his board and then walk back inside and set up a new one.

wildbillhiccup

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -78
  • JACKASS
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2014, 08:23:10 PM »
Nick Merlino had sex with a regular chick.

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2014, 10:35:18 PM »

Nothing too crazy about two special needs people making sweet love. 
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2014, 11:02:42 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Nothing too crazy about two special needs people making sweet love. 

Yeah, and people should really stop being prejudiced against incest. It is part of the USA's rich cultural heritage.

trannies and mannies

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2014, 11:14:13 PM »
ronnie creager tripping on mushrooms during those switch tailslides in trilogy?

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • the moon rules
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2014, 11:49:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

deetz?
[close]

The Wallenberg kneepad rumor I'm almost positive was in that August '04 Thrasher with Jamie Thomas doing a wallie nosegrab on some brick bank to window spot--believe the article said there was a rumour going around during the contest that either Josh Kasper or Corey Sheppard (can't remember who exactly) was wearing them while trying something there.
Unfortunately, all my skate mags got thrown out once I moved out to college. Maybe someone else has that issue and can verify?  

You can search around for the specifics of the Birdhouse rumor in the comments section of the vid below; again, no idea how valid that poster's claims are:

Classics: Jeremy Klein "Asian Goddess"

[close]
I just typed into google, "birdhouse gay am" and they first one is from a magazine article on gay skateboarders. It says it was a dude named, Tim Von Werne.
jarret barry

I've heard backhand stories of Tom Penny being completely fucked up in Europe, possibly not wearing clothes, and walking into skateshops and grabbing all new gear and walking out. I also remember hearing a story oh him showing up to random contest unannounced and borrowing the worst board there and putting on a one man demo
I can't remember the contest and I am pretty sure it was penny and it was a big one, but he took one run the entire contest and French exited. He just walked out after his first run and went back to his hotel. He found out the next day he won
fuck you bama