Author Topic: Zero and Fallen going to Dwindle Distribution  (Read 21470 times)

GinosGroceries

Re: Zero and Fallen going to Dwindle Distribution
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2014, 11:44:56 AM »
It sounds like Zero is Dying To Live. What a Strange World we live in. Maybe this change will give both companies New Blood to Ride The Sky....... Promo

twosmokesnow

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -11
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2014, 12:22:35 PM »
Zero is a bag of suck

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2014, 03:00:12 PM »
Zero fucks given

MrMojoRising

• Rep: -23

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2014, 05:06:11 PM »
DSM decks are good as fuck, the resin 8 boards are strong as hell. The shapes are funky you either love it or hate it

I approve this move by JT

GershonSweaty

• Rep: -3
    • @_moreinformation avatar image
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2014, 05:08:39 PM »
DSM decks are good as fuck, the resin 8 boards are strong as hell. The shapes are funky you either love it or hate it

I approve this move by JT

Well thank fuck you approve it, I'm sure the chief has been shitting himself.

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2014, 05:26:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Heard Jamie is a Selfish  Bitch and his Girl makes him Spitfire by fingering his Chocolate.
[close]

hilarious

Is Bitch the new soft goods line outta BB?

Bitch was Sal Rocco's response to the creation of girl,  I think.
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

OopsPoops

• Rep: 8
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2014, 05:30:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Heard Jamie is a Selfish  Bitch and his Girl makes him Spitfire by fingering his Chocolate.
[close]

hilarious

Is Bitch the new soft goods line outta BB?
[close]

Bitch was Sal Rocco's response to the creation of girl,  I think.

Yea it was. Bitch was supposed to be a joke brand too, but turned out to be really popular in Japan.
Then it just kind of died of.

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2014, 08:42:08 PM »
it is sure a cold war in the industry nowadays

doublesteveburger

« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2014, 11:11:28 PM »
jart

Violator

• Rep: 73
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2014, 11:19:02 PM »
Not for nothing, but I got an Enjoi submerged in water and it skated fine for a couple weeks after that, they're not that bad.

cuntzilla

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -63
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2014, 01:40:41 AM »
I just hope that after Jamie gives a good verbal beating to his riders when they fuck up a handrail, that Rodney is there to let them down easy.

"Permission to rip, sir?"

"Sure, yea, no problem, just enjoi the physics" - Rodney
I don't rollerblade, I play ROLLER HOCKEY! I've been kicking haters like you to the curb forever

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2014, 03:35:29 AM »
Not for nothing, but I got an Enjoi submerged in water and it skated fine for a couple weeks after that, they're not that bad.

I don't get it  ???
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2014, 12:20:49 PM »
haha, funny thread

as I mentioned previously, we're restructuring black box and considering all of our options for the future of the brands.
i've spoken with several distribution companies and potential partners, but at this point, all it has been is talk

that sounds like politician shit, but true. change is imperative even if we stay independent; small crew, small overhead, back to the basics
"success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts"

Chris Hansen is back

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2014, 12:23:56 PM »
^

Dwindle Distribution confirmed.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2014, 12:26:16 PM »
^

Dwindle Distribution confirmed.
Shhhh... You'll frighten him off like the Gipper did when he was mean to him.

cringe.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 414
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2014, 12:31:08 PM »
that sounds like politician shit, but true. change is imperative even if we stay ; small crew, small overhead, back to the basics
nice pun :-D

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2014, 03:44:40 PM »
haha, funny thread

as I mentioned previously, we're restructuring black box and considering all of our options for the future of the brands.
i've spoken with several distribution companies and potential partners, but at this point, all it has been is talk

that sounds like politician shit, but true. change is imperative even if we stay independent; small crew, small overhead, back to the basics

thanks for the insight. it really does add so much to the forum. what are you hoping to happen, obviously aside from sales picking up and keeping it the same?

also you mentioned politics: considering youre one of the few in the open: do you guys/other companies tell your skaters/employees/reps to keep off the boards as posters?

annoyedwithskating

« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2014, 04:30:45 PM »
haha, funny thread

heres the problem as i am sure you are aware. Your brand started off as one thing. Which was dudes going huge, heavy metal, rock and roll single bangers skulls and black and white headbands with lynard skynard jeans. Now skateboarding is going the hipster/artist route. you even changed up your style with the hair and the outfit etc... so now what do you do? you are in the middle of two POLAR (thats for the nerds) opposite camps. You have the money money street league mass appeal and you have the "core" companies that unfortunately are hipster as fuck. So what do you do? obviously you want to make money but youre afraid if you went too far to the mass appeal would lose street cred ala Jason Dill enthroned in unholy judgement but still ally yourself to Berra knowing that the dude you were when you were younger might have thought he was a douche. Whether or not you would have is irrelevant but, it is hard for skaters to see your brand as something inspired and legit. so the question is, are you inspired still? if so by what? if you are simply trying to stay afloat and/or even get some real capital dividends, that will shine through and people wont care. if you are still genuinely motivated by skateboarding, let that shine through, change everything that is simply a reflection of who you were and hang on to what you actually care about. skateboarders care more about feeling like they are part of something genuine. if you dont have that passion, sell your shit and peace out.

OopsPoops

« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2014, 04:44:15 PM »
haha, funny thread

Hey Jimmy

b.v.

« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2014, 04:48:33 PM »
Expand Quote
haha, funny thread

[close]

heres the problem as i am sure you are aware. Your brand started off as one thing. Which was dudes going huge, heavy metal, rock and roll single bangers skulls and black and white headbands with lynard skynard jeans. Now skateboarding is going the hipster/artist route. you even changed up your style with the hair and the outfit etc... so now what do you do? you are in the middle of two POLAR (thats for the nerds) opposite camps. You have the money money street league mass appeal and you have the "core" companies that unfortunately are hipster as fuck. So what do you do? obviously you want to make money but youre afraid if you went too far to the mass appeal would lose street cred ala Jason Dill enthroned in unholy judgement but still ally yourself to Berra knowing that the dude you were when you were younger might have thought he was a douche. Whether or not you would have is irrelevant but, it is hard for skaters to see your brand as something inspired and legit. so the question is, are you inspired still? if so by what? if you are simply trying to stay afloat and/or even get some real capital dividends, that will shine through and people wont care. if you are still genuinely motivated by skateboarding, let that shine through, change everything that is simply a reflection of who you were and hang on to what you actually care about. skateboarders care more about feeling like they are part of something genuine. if you dont have that passion, sell your shit and peace out.
You should probably send him a consultation invoice, pretty insightful post.

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -218
« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2014, 05:22:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
haha, funny thread

[close]

[close]
You should probably send him a consultation invoice, pretty insightful post.

I thought it was boring, self-important wank

andocom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2014, 05:27:34 PM »
Expand Quote
haha, funny thread

[close]

Things change over 15+ years, jean sizes included. Dylan is in Street League, so FA is money money street league right? Not sure anyone should be doubting iSucks passion or inspiration, he still seems to be putting in.

Anyway reading between the lines, things at BB sound pretty dire to me.

OopsPoops

« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2014, 05:28:31 PM »
Expand Quote
haha, funny thread

[close]

I agree with this hugely.
When I was younger, I loved Zero. I loved Zero because it fit with the music and style I liked, and I thought that I was genuinely a part of something.
Now, I don't see Zero, or any of the Blackbox brands, having any genuine vision or following. To me, it's just another company to get a deck, and Fallen is just another company to buy some shoes. Given the chance, I won't by them, because I don't feel that the brand reflects me, or anything I admire.
But, the brand once did. So Zero and the other Blackbox brands have something in the past, and it's a matter of whether you can resurrect, or recreate, the value you once had.

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2014, 08:06:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
haha, funny thread

[close]

[close]

When I was younger, I loved Zero. I loved Zero because it fit with the music and style I liked, and I thought that I was genuinely a part of something.
Now, I don't see Zero, or any of the Blackbox brands, having any genuine vision or following. To me, it's just another company to get a deck, and Fallen is just another company to buy some shoes. Given the chance, I won't by them, because I don't feel that the brand reflects me, or anything I admire.
But, the brand once did. So Zero and the other Blackbox brands have something in the past, and it's a matter of whether you can resurrect, or recreate, the value you once had.

This thread is about making terrible puns about a possible change of Zero's distribution.

Please stop stinking it up. 

annoyedwithskating

« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2014, 08:14:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
haha, funny thread

[close]

[close]

[close]

This thread is about making terrible puns about a possible change of Zero's distribution.

you obviously didnt read the whole thing because of your short attention span.

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2014, 08:20:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
haha, funny thread

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

you obviously didnt read the whole thing because of your short attention span.

Unfortunately I did.

blargalargill

• Rep: 2
    • braken lens avatar image
« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2014, 04:49:55 AM »

I won't buy them, because I don't feel that the brand reflects me, or anything I admire.

i feel like this is the problem there aren't enough people that relate to the rocker/punk attitude anymore, zero was what my brother rode when he was 15 14 and he's 24 now, my generation doesn't listen to punk rock and they don't relate to the culture
it may be a cliche but i enjoi other brands like polar (there i made a shitty pun are you all happy?)

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2014, 05:12:30 AM »
Expand Quote

I won't buy them, because I don't feel that the brand reflects me, or anything I admire.

[close]

i feel like this is the problem there aren't enough people that relate to the rocker/punk attitude anymore, zero was what my brother rode when he was 15 14 and he's 24 now, my generation doesn't listen to punk rock and they don't relate to the culture
it may be a cliche but i enjoi other brands like polar (there i made a shitty pun are you all happy?)

No.

D-

Could try harder.

Willy Santos cut my hair

• Rep: 391
« Reply #59 on: May 26, 2014, 12:44:50 PM »
Well, I see his point.
skating is a world industry, and it needs to get consolidate ideas & flip with the times.
Otherwise its adio. Go back to the birdhouse and baker cake or something