Author Topic: Old product that absolutely sucked  (Read 13639 times)

LamestDudeOut

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 8
Re: Old product that absolutely sucked
« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2014, 11:43:59 AM »
Remember those Expedition-One boards with the weird interlocking-built in hardware cut outs. I can't really remember all the details, but they came with special hardware almost built in to the board to help secure your trucks  ::)
Also, those boards with the metal ply in the middle.
Slick boards.
Soap shoes.
also these

had em and loved em in 1999/2000 but that stupid velcro thing on the back was hilarious

the osiris smoliks, you were supposed to buy his signature baggy pants with Velcro on the bottom so you could attach them to the shoe and they wouldn't slip under the shoe and rip,

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 823
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #61 on: May 30, 2014, 12:08:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I didn't rock the shit, but I had a buddy that would insert an additional tongue inside his already puffy skate shoes.
[close]

ha, would love to see that
[close]

Ha ha guilty of the stashed extra puffy tongue back in the day, i just wish i could remember if it was my kastel or evol shoes?!
[close]

i know people who still do the extra tounge thing

i used to do that with chuck taylors and vans old schools when i was younger so if the board hit the top of my foot it didn't end a session .
My friend Greg's uncle started a small business manufacturing little shoe tongues that came with velcro already sewn on called "PHAT TONGUES". He even sponsored all the little skate rat homies. those were the days

mini greek

• Rep: 32
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #62 on: May 30, 2014, 02:29:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Remember those Expedition-One boards with the weird interlocking-built in hardware cut outs. I can't really remember all the details, but they came with special hardware almost built in to the board to help secure your trucks  ::)
[close]

I've actually always been curious as to how those boards were. Did the hardware lose grip in the threading and did your trucks get loose easily? How hard would it actually be to rip a truck off hanging up on something? Anyone ever ride one of these?
It was called Inter-Lock and it actually worked really well.  But skaters being as conservative as they are, couldn't stray to anything outside the norm....
Get litty.....

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1482
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #63 on: May 30, 2014, 03:07:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Grind King's rims
[close]

lmao i had these in the plain black joints with the cap that covers the axel. Keep my axel threads smooth & my bearings seemed to last just a little bit longer. i cant fuck with the gold/silver "bling" shit cuz niggas would be looking at me like skating minstrel show but if they just made the basic joints in black, id use em again. its simple idea but it works. i know people always say that bearing shields & accessories like these just keep dirt trapped in your bearings but never in my life have i had some dirty bearings where the dirt just rollled out of them over time because of open shields. if those shits get a bunch of grime in there, its mostly staying in there until you clean them or just get new bearings, might as well focus on keeping the dirt out in the first place.
Since you're coming out in the open with this, I'll come clean.  I still rock these plain black capped rims on my bowl board.  I have Theeve TiH trucks and Rock'n Ron's ceramic bearings so the extra protection is actually functional.  I, too, would jump at the chance to buy more of these rims. 

Are they patented?  If not, I'd advise Theeve to produce them for their TiH either as standard add on or as an accessory kids could buy.

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
« Reply #64 on: May 30, 2014, 03:22:26 PM »
Anyone remember the Titan Ti-Lite trucks?

I will never forget when a friend did a heelflip, landed on his board upside down, and his kingpin broke. His foot didn't even touch the truck, the kingpin shook into 2 pieces! Edit: By the way, we were 12 at the time so I am guessing my friend was under 100 pounds.
My buddy had these and they literally broke in half as you describe. I think he was grinding a parking block.

Loyal Pawn

• Rep: 7
« Reply #65 on: May 30, 2014, 04:10:25 PM »
Anybody remeber Monster trucks? The team was stacked but their trucks sucked.I got a pair and one of the axles came lose in one of the hangers and was almost able to take it out.Needless to say I brought them back to the shop and showed them.And was given a set of Indys.That was 2005ish?

@thewilleasley

« Reply #66 on: May 30, 2014, 04:29:16 PM »
Anybody remeber Monster trucks? The team was stacked but their trucks sucked.I got a pair and one of the axles came lose in one of the hangers and was almost able to take it out.Needless to say I brought them back to the shop and showed them.And was given a set of Indys.That was 2005ish?

hahaha I a pair on my first non-walmart board back in like 02-03 or some shit. i didnt have any problems with them but at that age it wasnt like i was even doing anything that would be hard on trucks in the first place lol

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -299
« Reply #67 on: May 31, 2014, 06:27:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Slick boards.
Soap shoes.
also these

had em and loved em in 1999/2000 but that stupid velcro thing on the back was hilarious
[close]

the osiris smoliks, you were supposed to buy his signature baggy pants with Velcro on the bottom so you could attach them to the shoe and they wouldn't slip under the shoe and rip,

Haha no shit? Thats epic

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 312
« Reply #68 on: May 31, 2014, 09:18:37 PM »

They had heath, JT and brian anderson from what i recall. wonder if any of those dudes actually rode the trucks
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #69 on: May 31, 2014, 09:28:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Slick boards.
Soap shoes.
also these

[close]

[close]

Haha no shit? Thats epic
smolik ods with no drag sag tech

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #70 on: May 31, 2014, 10:57:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

hahaha I a pair on my first non-walmart board back in like 02-03 or some shit. i didnt have any problems with them but at that age it wasnt like i was even doing anything that would be hard on trucks in the first place lol
No joke, my friend still has a set. He almost never skates, but when I bug him to come out with me he's always doing kickflip crooks and shit by the end of the session because he's just naturally very good. But his setup is always whatever beat up deck I've passed on to him, those old ass monster trucks with the hardest doh-doh's possible in them (also very old), and like 58 mm wheels. I have no idea how it works for him, but it does.
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #71 on: June 02, 2014, 03:28:06 AM »
anyone remember grindking nutlocks? you put them on your hardware so they didn't loosen over time...i can't remember if they were good or not...

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #72 on: June 02, 2014, 03:38:26 AM »
anyone remember grindking nutlocks? you put them on your hardware so they didn't loosen over time...i can't remember if they were good or not...
Yeah they latched over the corner of your baseplate and meant you only needed an Allen key to loosen or tighten your bolts. They didn't really stop them from loosening though as the bolt could still rattle out.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #73 on: June 02, 2014, 03:47:56 AM »
ah ok, that still seems pretty handy because i hate carrying a skate tool around

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #74 on: June 02, 2014, 04:05:39 AM »
ah ok, that still seems pretty handy because i hate carrying a skate tool around
Thunder also made Thunder Bolts that had a little nail tip on the underside of the head that you would tap into the deck that would stop them spinning.

snaked plissken

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • FxOxAxD
« Reply #75 on: June 02, 2014, 05:49:27 AM »

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #76 on: June 02, 2014, 11:02:37 AM »
Wasn't that when Jamie got kicked off Indy for fooling around with someone's wife? Am I crazy?

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
« Reply #77 on: June 02, 2014, 11:07:45 AM »
^^do tell. I think he was on mercury which sucked as well.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 398
« Reply #78 on: June 02, 2014, 01:39:00 PM »
Yep, mercury did suck....

- kreeper trucks: ugliest trucks ever made. Seriously, they looked like dracula...what an abomination...
- titan t-lites: shittiest trucks i've ever skated. Didnt break them, but they had a pin in the front of the truck that was supposed to keep the axle in its place. After two weeks it fell out which resulted in slipping axles... Horrible trucks!
- lib technology fibre glass boards... Yuck.
- Does anyone know the name of the aluminum boards on which you cpuld change the nose and tail? You cpuld screw them off and buy new pieces if they were worn out. Im 200% sure they had ads in transworld...

That expedition interlock system actually worked really well...

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 398
« Reply #79 on: June 02, 2014, 01:40:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Anyone remember the Titan Ti-Lite trucks?

I will never forget when a friend did a heelflip, landed on his board upside down, and his kingpin broke. His foot didn't even touch the truck, the kingpin shook into 2 pieces! Edit: By the way, we were 12 at the time so I am guessing my friend was under 100 pounds.
[close]
My buddy had these and they literally broke in half as you describe. I think he was grinding a parking block.

I really reaaaaaaaally hated these trucks...

Stoeipoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 53
« Reply #80 on: June 02, 2014, 02:01:03 PM »

Bitches call me pussy, the horse filler.

Stanley Spadowski

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
  • Can I still be the janitor?
« Reply #81 on: June 02, 2014, 09:51:19 PM »

Got these to try out once, luckily for free.
All they did was lock up!
"These floors are dirty as hell, and I'm not gonna take it any more!"

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #82 on: June 02, 2014, 09:58:55 PM »

Got these to try out once, luckily for free.
All they did was lock up!
oh man, they were the worst. workshops cored wheels sucked, too. had so many where the wheel and core separated.

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #83 on: June 03, 2014, 12:12:19 AM »
Did anyone ever try these?

They were like micro bearings and you could buy wheels that fit them.

I think I only ever had one set of ninja and they were pretty average.
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

The Morrie

• Rep: 4
« Reply #84 on: June 03, 2014, 02:00:43 AM »
Yep, mercury did suck....

- kreeper trucks: ugliest trucks ever made. Seriously, they looked like dracula...what an abomination...
- titan t-lites: shittiest trucks i've ever skated. Didnt break them, but they had a pin in the front of the truck that was supposed to keep the axle in its place. After two weeks it fell out which resulted in slipping axles... Horrible trucks!
- lib technology fibre glass boards... Yuck.
- Does anyone know the name of the aluminum boards on which you cpuld change the nose and tail? You cpuld screw them off and buy new pieces if they were worn out. Im 200% sure they had ads in transworld...

That expedition interlock system actually worked really well...

the board with the replaceable nose and tail were Chapman boards, Danny Gonzalez rode for them

I had the Smolik shoes too, loved them even though they never stayed on my feet because i wanted them to look as loose as ODS wore them haha, made me skate like shit

David Puddy

• Rep: -1
« Reply #85 on: June 03, 2014, 02:10:15 AM »
I know they aren't as old as most of these products, but does anybody remember the name of those plastic and carbon fiber boards?

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
« Reply #86 on: June 03, 2014, 02:36:15 AM »
everything the company "rellik" made.

hell i don't even know if this was a real company or whatever. i cant even find their back in the day logo.
all of their products sucked. i had wheels, trucks and bearings, all of that really sucked.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #87 on: June 03, 2014, 04:30:09 AM »
Did anyone ever try these?

They were like micro bearings and you could buy wheels that fit them.

I think I only ever had one set of ninja and they were pretty average.

pretty sure those were just mini bearing that sat in a hub hence they would fit into regular-sized wheels.
the normal ninjas aren't bad, i've been rocking them for years now (always the 7's)

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Conan

« Reply #88 on: June 03, 2014, 05:39:04 AM »
I'm pretty sure I remember a wheel that only used one bearing?

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #89 on: June 03, 2014, 06:32:16 AM »
I know they aren't as old as most of these products, but does anybody remember the name of those plastic and carbon fiber boards?

Lib Tech? They always seemed dumb. Apparently still going strong.

The skating in this video is pretty sick though: