Author Topic: Titanium Independents  (Read 7549 times)

ZEBRA

Titanium Independents
« on: May 29, 2014, 01:20:08 AM »
Anybody seen these??

http://www.skatewarehouse.com/Independent_Stage_11_Forged_Titanium_Black_Trucks/descpage-INTFBTR.html

Anyone have them, or know anyone who has them??

I'm wanting a set. I know the price is ridiculous, but fuck it. I'm gonna need a new set soon and these look awesome.

b.v.

Re: Titanium Independents
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 07:20:45 AM »
Skated them, didn't feel any different than the hollow light kostons/reynolds.
Only have a titanium axle.
For the upcharge seemed a bit much for so little difference.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 08:20:39 AM »
if weight is your issue, get some theeves

if turning is your issue, get some theeves

Seamus_McShamebag

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2014, 08:46:50 AM »
I have a set that I currently skating and I'd say that I am really happy with the Stage 11s in general.  I just got the titaniums because I have had shit luck breaking trucks in general and I am assuming that these should take some abuse.  I can't say much for the longevity yet though because I have only been on them for a month or so.

If you don't typically have a problem bending axles then I would say save yourself some cash and just go with the Stage 11 Hollows with the chromoly axle. 

@thewilleasley

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2014, 10:55:55 AM »

Ive skated a pair and its basically this, but if you like indy's then they're great trucks.

All the titanium axel does is give you a marginal weight reduction that's hardly noticeable. i imagine its technically stronger than their normal or hollow axels but how often do yall break axels like that?

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2014, 10:59:53 AM »
Yeah...I think it's a gimmick....I've mentioned it a bunch but if you really want to mess with some weird shit....tih's.....

Good for indy though trying to lighten up.....

ALABAMAMAN

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -196
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2014, 12:33:07 PM »
have a pair and they feel soft..especially grinding this marble ledge downtown.

they feels like really solid objects dig into the hanger.(marble ledge, concrete ledge with angle iron)

went back to hollow stage 10's.

Seamus_McShamebag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2014, 12:40:45 PM »
Will.e.will, we aren't all out there popping floaters so yeah, I've bent an axle or two.

Not to shit on J....soy....'s comment but I would urge people to stay the fuck away from the TiHs.....They don't grind....they shouldn't be sold as trucks but more accurately marketed as skateboarding brakes.  I have a barely used set that I use as backups....can't believe how shitty they grind....I'll hit some of my favorite ledges with them and no matter how much I push...it's hard to make it to the end...different story with aluminum hangers....maybe they just aren't for bigger dudes...I am 195#...they grind ok on round coping...

wallieD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2014, 01:32:23 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Ive skated a pair and its basically this, but if you like indy's then they're great trucks.

All the titanium axel does is give you a marginal weight reduction that's hardly noticeable. i imagine its technically stronger than their normal or hollow axels but how often do yall break axels like that?
when i went from stage 10's to forged hollow 11's it felt like my 52 mm wheels were 45's... you know how your setup feels so much lighter with tiny wheels. i think the titaniums are slightly lighter than hollows but i'm sticking with these if they hold up

artsy

• Rep: 14
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2014, 03:59:52 PM »

I've got some Indy Koston II's right now and while the turning is great the feel heavy as shit. Theeves worth it?

jamersonbass

• Rep: 70
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2014, 04:35:31 PM »
My girlfriend got me a pair for xmas.  I'm from MI, so I've only been skating again since mid-April (long winter).  I always run Indy's and these feel really good.  I'd have to really nerd out and a/b them against my old Stage 10 149's to really discern a difference, but I like them a lot.  Classic Indy turning and feel, though I'd probably never splurge for them on my own.  Also, one of the trucks feels inherently more loose than the other one.  I just made it my front truck as I like my front truck looser.

m477

• Rep: 6
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2014, 08:23:07 PM »
Will.e.will, we aren't all out there popping floaters so yeah, I've bent an axle or two.

Not to shit on J....soy....'s comment but I would urge people to stay the fuck away from the TiHs.....They don't grind....they shouldn't be sold as trucks but more accurately marketed as skateboarding brakes.  I have a barely used set that I use as backups....can't believe how shitty they grind....I'll hit some of my favorite ledges with them and no matter how much I push...it's hard to make it to the end...different story with aluminum hangers....maybe they just aren't for bigger dudes...I am 195#...they grind ok on round coping...
I have the TiH and agree with the stickiness on metal coping but on traditional concrete ledges the titanium grinds better. Especially slappy grinds. I rode em for a year but now they're on my second complete, got sick of sticking on skatepark coping.

tony volume

• Rep: -13
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2014, 09:59:03 PM »

shit, the TIH were my favorite truck! they grinded BETTER than the indys i'm riding now. the only reason i'm not riding them is cause i had to size up my board, and the trucks didnt fit the width.
on another note, 195 lbs. is nothing. i'm 245 lbs (i'm like 6'3) the theeves you had were possibly defective or you should relearn how to grind....

soccer mom

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2014, 11:57:02 PM »
THE BEST!! I have them in 139, 149, 159 and they all rule, best truck out

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2014, 01:26:05 AM »

This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2014, 08:21:47 AM »
got a pair for regular price (wouldn't pay full for them).  best truck.

they are indies, just a little lighter.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1474
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2014, 03:32:32 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

shit, the TIH were my favorite truck! they grinded BETTER than the indys i'm riding now. the only reason i'm not riding them is cause i had to size up my board, and the trucks didnt fit the width.
on another note, 195 lbs. is nothing. i'm 245 lbs (i'm like 6'3) the theeves you had were possibly defective or you should relearn how to grind....
I'm in the TiH that grind camp except on park metal coping/angle iron.  I thought it was like this for all metal on metal grinding, but the 4th ward park coping had me grinding super far since it's pristine and bikers aren't allowed like at my home park.  Grinding concrete or chunky coping is a breeze while I stick on the same exact stuff with my indys.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2014, 11:36:32 PM »
I've done the longest slappies ever....sticky on granite....they always spark too....I like smelling them after.....metal they grind ok....but traditional trucks grind better.....in all for me the pros outweigh the cons but they definitely grind different and don't wear down...

Can't believe you guys were weird enough to buy them....

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • beer
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2014, 01:29:59 PM »
after two sets of wheels my axle got stripped from the axle being a harder metal than the nuts. kinda like the feel of normal indys better too

ZEBRA

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2014, 01:35:32 AM »
Sounds like I'm gonna pass on them. Doesn't sound worth the money.

Thanks for all the info, everyone!!! Much appreciated!!!

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 939
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2014, 06:32:07 PM »
I rode my Indy Tis for a month, then sold them off (didn't lose much on them). They're the lightest Indy's you can get, but still Indy.

If you need a all truck Theeve are lighter and turn better! Mid truck I'd go for thunders. Aces for Bowls. Always.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2014, 08:51:57 PM »
Nothing more reliable than a normal set of indys. Play with titanium it's your own fault.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2014, 11:35:29 PM »
And you skate which trucks again?

posguy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2015, 03:30:04 PM »
Just broke a kingpin in my tensor mag lites so I'm considering getting the Stage 11 Hollow Forged Tits. Anyone skating those right now? Anyone know if the Stage 11s fixed some of the issues above that the Stage 10s were having?

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 939
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2015, 03:38:43 PM »
Just broke a kingpin in my tensor mag lites so I'm considering getting the Stage 11 Hollow Forged Tits. Anyone skating those right now? Anyone know if the Stage 11s fixed some of the issues above that the Stage 10s were having?

Yes, the stage 11 fixed all the issues with the stage 10 (washers/yoke, etc.).