Author Topic: Battlefield Hardline  (Read 15656 times)

era

Battlefield Hardline
« on: May 29, 2014, 08:27:22 PM »
Just got announced today I believe.  More info June 9th.  Battlefield engine mixed with GTA style scenarios, I'm down.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/5/28/5757356/battlefield-hardline-trailer

max power

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Battlefield Hardline
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 08:48:01 PM »
why do they even bother wasting time with campaigns in these games? then they tie unlocks in so you HAVE to play through that shit. this won't be good.

era

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 08:58:58 PM »
why do they even bother wasting time with campaigns in these games? then they tie unlocks in so you HAVE to play through that shit. this won't be good.

Its a collaboration between DICE and the guys who made Deadspace so the story might actually be cool.

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2014, 09:04:40 PM »
maybe. i wish they'd just do another bad company game, i didn't mind that story.

dillanharp

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2014, 09:27:06 PM »
maybe. i wish they'd just do another bad company game, i didn't mind that story.

Yes.  

However, once they patched it to where you couldn't destroy the mcoms unless you armed them, it tainted the franchise for me.  Still playing BF4 though.

Ps.
BF3 is free on Origin right now.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 09:28:38 PM by Nallid »

foureyedjim

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2014, 11:49:08 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Its a collaboration between DICE and the guys who made Deadspace so the story might actually be cool.

collab?  I thought DICE is not doing this at all.  Or are they working on the MP part of the game?

era

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2014, 12:53:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

collab?  I thought DICE is not doing this at all.  Or are they working on the MP part of the game?
DICE doing multiplayer, Visceral doing single.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2014, 01:04:50 AM »
The campaign is the only part I like in these types of games. I can only stand multiplayer for so long, then it just feels like some jock shit. I don't play games to interact with other people and I certainly don't want to do it competitively.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2014, 11:16:27 AM »
This looks amazing. I tend to like the more urban and close quarters maps in BF3/BF4 anyways.

Should be awesome lets just hope they can make it less of a clusterfuck than all the problems BF4 had/has

also, stoked for zip lines again, you could use them in BF2: Special Forces and it made the games way more fast pace.

era

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2014, 07:26:10 PM »
This looks amazing. I tend to like the more urban and close quarters maps in BF3/BF4 anyways.

Should be awesome lets just hope they can make it less of a clusterfuck than all the problems BF4 had/has

also, stoked for zip lines again, you could use them in BF2: Special Forces and it made the games way more fast pace.

I wish you could zipline out of choppers.  Would make transport choppers in a game type like conquest a lot more useful. Could drop 4 dudes behind enemy lines quick without having to float around like an idiot in a parachute.

foureyedjim

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2014, 07:36:15 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I wish you could zipline out of choppers.  Would make transport choppers in a game type like conquest a lot more useful. Could drop 4 dudes behind enemy lines quick without having to float around like an idiot in a parachute.

If you fly high enough you can act as a spawn point too far for stingers for your squad to parachute out of.  I sometimes do that on parcel storm rush

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2014, 09:27:08 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

not to defend the 'realism' of the game, but zip lines out of a chopper makes no sense lol the last thing you want to do is tether the chopper to a stationery object sounds dangerous as fuck. grappling hook type ropes to repel makes sense though

era

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2014, 10:57:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

not to defend the 'realism' of the game, but zip lines out of a chopper makes no sense lol the last thing you want to do is tether the chopper to a stationery object sounds dangerous as fuck. grappling hook type ropes to repel makes sense though

HAHAHA my idea was dropping out on a zipline directly to the ground and the zipline falling down (like you would see in some swat type shit), not tethering the chopper to the ground.  I suppose zip line is the wrong word.  I mean more along the lines of descending from a rope quickly.  This way you could hover while moving in an area without staying completely stationary, let dudes down then bounce. 

Cold Pizza

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2014, 10:03:03 PM »
entered my email for the beta testing and got in.  been playing it for a few nights, it's pretty much BF4 with different skins and objectives.  so far it's pretty badass, they map they let you try is really fun and they have included some new things like a grappling hook to scale up buildings and a zipline you can attach to things and slide across.  they changed some other things too, like instead of knives the cops start with batons and robbers start with baseball bats making combat a bit more interesting.

foureyedjim

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2014, 05:53:10 PM »
been playing very small amounts of the beta on PC
It's alright...haven't tried out all the new things yet