Author Topic: 15 DOWN 15 -CHRIS JOSLIN  (Read 11202 times)

Iceman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
Re: 15 DOWN 15 -CHRIS JOSLIN
« Reply #60 on: June 03, 2014, 02:34:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
god, bigger flips are disgusting.
[close]

if you think 0:45 is disgusting then you you should off yourself

Rick McCrank - ?Special
[close]

If you were to discover that footage was  a guest trick by nick tucker/t-puds or whatever you'd shit all over it. don't say you wouldnt you unimaginative shitcunt. think for yourself
[close]

if you were to discover that i like both those dudes and that you just put your foot in your mouth (again) would you focus your account?

please do so, asap.
[close]

you wouldn't post it in defence of biggerflips though now would you?

the point that i think you are missing is that it isn't the actual trick, rather it's how it's done and by whom.

LemonParty

• Rep: -112
« Reply #61 on: June 03, 2014, 02:42:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Nothing is good enough these days for slap
[close]

It is funny because some of the time I hope that people are trying to be ironic and miss the mark.  But it is hilarious(in the scary "makes-you-think" sense) to realize that there are people in this world that as high maintenance as the people on this message board.   
[close]

there is nothing more unintersting than some kid with mediocre style hucking down a large drop. not missing the mark, just dont care about seeing the same tricks over and over again. I get it, he's consistant. but hes not creative.

so what is creative these days? Is it wallrides? everyone and their mom is doing wallrides into everything... Is it ledge dancing? everyones doing that too. creative you mean things that not everyone is doing, i dont see people doing ghetto birds down anything let alone 15 sets (Yeah is a park set but still) id say the trick is creative. The spot is the only thing that isnt creative, but its just a web clip.

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -377
« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2014, 02:46:22 PM »
This type of skating is old hat. When people start skating triple sets flipping into firecrackers on the last set then shit has finally progressed.

annoyedwithskating

« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2014, 09:00:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

It is funny because some of the time I hope that people are trying to be ironic and miss the mark.  But it is hilarious(in the scary "makes-you-think" sense) to realize that there are people in this world that as high maintenance as the people on this message board.   
[close]

there is nothing more unintersting than some kid with mediocre style hucking down a large drop. not missing the mark, just dont care about seeing the same tricks over and over again. I get it, he's consistant. but hes not creative.
[close]

so what is creative these days? Is it wallrides? everyone and their mom is doing wallrides into everything... Is it ledge dancing? everyones doing that too. creative you mean things that not everyone is doing, i dont see people doing ghetto birds down anything let alone 15 sets (Yeah is a park set but still) id say the trick is creative. The spot is the only thing that isnt creative, but its just a web clip.

thats a good point, maybe people should leave their cameras at home and start skating for fun instead of worrying about getting tons of shitty clips so that they can come up and be the next monster energy super star.

shitsandwich

• Rep: -53
« Reply #64 on: June 03, 2014, 10:12:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

thats a good point, maybe people should leave their cameras at home and start skating for fun instead of worrying about getting tons of shitty clips so that they can come up and be the next monster energy super star.

Is it not fun anymore because you have a camera on you? It's these guys' jobs to get coverage, I don't see why they he wouldn't if he could. Its kind of funny when you read comments like this then going to a daniel castillo related page

cuntzilla

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -63
« Reply #65 on: June 03, 2014, 10:55:34 PM »
This type of skating is old hat. When people start skating triple sets flipping into firecrackers on the last set then shit has finally progressed.
Didnt Lizard king do a kick flip firecracker down the santa monica triple set? I think it was in his deathwish video part
I don't rollerblade, I play ROLLER HOCKEY! I've been kicking haters like you to the curb forever

shark tits

« Reply #66 on: June 03, 2014, 10:57:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Didnt Lizard king do a kick flip firecracker down the santa monica triple set? I think it was in his deathwish video part

i don't know but richie jackson can kickflip into and out of firecrackers and ragdoll could ollie a good little distance to firecracker so it wouldn't be unprecedented.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #67 on: June 04, 2014, 02:19:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

It's still not a ghetto bird.

annoyedwithskating

« Reply #68 on: June 04, 2014, 09:20:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Is it not fun anymore because you have a camera on you? It's these guys' jobs to get coverage, I don't see why they he wouldn't if he could. Its kind of funny when you read comments like this then going to a daniel castillo related page

its his job. thats pretty funny. i dont even know this kid and ive already seen him bigger flip multiple sets of stairs. so his job is to do the same tricks down the same spot over and over again? sounds fucking lame to me and the reason skateboarding is circling the drain.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #69 on: June 04, 2014, 10:21:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

its his job. thats pretty funny. i dont even know this kid and ive already seen him bigger flip multiple sets of stairs. so his job is to do the same tricks down the same spot over and over again? sounds fucking lame to me and the reason skateboarding is circling the drain.
I kinda get Geoff's point on this one. Certain skaters have signature tricks ie: Reynolds FS flips yadda yadda yadda and from what I've read in here you can win Street League with the same trick at every stop so releasing multiple clips of you doing the same trick before you're officially Am does seem monotonous. That said the MACBA gap one is phenomenal and he probably doesn't have much control over what footage gets put out of him yet.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #70 on: June 04, 2014, 12:12:36 PM »
i thought the fakie front big was the sickest trick in there. i cant think of anyone else doing it down anything even close to that big.

Chicken in a Can

« Reply #71 on: June 04, 2014, 12:15:11 PM »
i thought the fakie front big was the sickest trick in there. i cant think of anyone else doing it down anything even close to that big.

Justin Brock has definitely hucked a few of them but yes #veryrare

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65249
  • Team -65K
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #72 on: June 04, 2014, 12:25:06 PM »
This guy will blow up in the next few years and will no doubt add some spice to Street League.

Dyrdek must be psyched.