Author Topic: SF Skate Spot Tribute Vid  (Read 1406 times)

Clayton

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 78
    • Spot Hunter avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
SF Skate Spot Tribute Vid
« on: June 03, 2014, 05:05:16 PM »
<iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/97195083" width="500" height="375" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe> <p><a href="http://vimeo.com/97195083"

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
Re: SF Skate Spot Tribute Vid
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 05:12:47 PM »
interesting but what about emb and hubba?
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

annoyedwithskating

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 09:14:09 PM »
nice emeryville clip. no emb, black rock, brown marble, ft miley, union square, mini hubba, hubba hideout, bernal bump... with muska and other guys who dont really even skate there.  ::)

Clayton

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 10:28:39 PM »
The original concept was just the illustration you see at the end which I intended to be a current skate map you could actually use that had spots you can still skate. I based the video off the spots in that illustration. Nobody skates the current Justin Herman Plaza. That's why there's no EMB or Hubba, (RIP.)

nice emeryville clip. no emb, black rock, brown marble, ft miley, union square, mini hubba, hubba hideout, bernal bump... with muska and other guys who dont really even skate there.  ::)

There's no Emeryville clip. Black rock is knobbed and since downtown SF is so condensed, I had to leave out a lot of stuff i.e. union square. You also seemed to disregard Phil Shao grinding Fort Miley. Not sure what you mean by mini hubba, and if by Bernal bump you mean the one on Alabama, that spot doesn't translate well as an illustration so it got cut. Muska was also the first dude to do that rail that everyone does shit on now so I felt it was necessary piece of history.

annoyedwithskating

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 09:30:13 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
The original concept was just the illustration you see at the end which I intended to be a current skate map you could actually use that had spots you can still skate. I based the video off the spots in that illustration. Nobody skates the current Justin Herman Plaza. That's why there's no EMB or Hubba, (RIP.)

Expand Quote
[close]

There's no Emeryville clip. Black rock is knobbed and since downtown SF is so condensed, I had to leave out a lot of stuff i.e. union square. You also seemed to disregard Phil Shao grinding Fort Miley. Not sure what you mean by mini hubba, and if by Bernal bump you mean the one on Alabama, that spot doesn't translate well as an illustration so it got cut. Muska was also the first dude to do that rail that everyone does shit on now so I felt it was necessary piece of history.

yeah, i thought the tranny with the blunt was a different spot. sorry. but yeah, i'd rather not see muska in sf. also, you dont know what mini hubba is? and with bernal bump i mean, bernal bump.

Cosme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 507
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2014, 10:29:26 AM »

Pretty good job with the illustration Clayton.
I checked the shirts hoping to see the piece in a better resolution.
Are you planning on doing this Spot Hunter in other cities...?

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2014, 01:26:28 PM »
The alabama st ski jump is really that famous?
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Clayton

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2014, 03:18:42 PM »
By mini hubba do you mean the ones by Potrero? I purposefully left those out. I don't think people realize those are in SF, or at least I didn't until maybe a year ago.

Pretty good job with the illustration Clayton.
I checked the shirts hoping to see the piece in a better resolution.
Are you planning on doing this Spot Hunter in other cities...?
Not any map illustrations. SF is kind of the perfect city to do it since it's so condensed, other skaters relate to it and I know where most shit is. I probably should have just drawn it freehand because it took forever. Even though all I've gotten is positive feedback, (except this Geoff guy,) nobody's buying them. I'd love to make prints but I'm kind of discouraged now.

The alabama st ski jump is really that famous?
That's what I'm saying. Why would I do a street bump people have been skating for less than 5 years when Paul Revere fits that space so much better?