Author Topic: Vermont?  (Read 2641 times)

Eschaton

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -46
  • D?ner Macht Sch?ner
Vermont?
« on: July 17, 2011, 09:56:20 AM »
What's up with shit to skate there? I will be there in like August.

gkn00dlez

Re: Vermont?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 12:13:23 PM »
Where at in VT? I'm up here for the summer and it's a dead zone. Went to Burlington yesterday and it is pretty sick but the law enforcement is harsh. If you have a car your best bet is driving to another state.

Eschaton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -46
  • D?ner Macht Sch?ner
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 09:28:14 AM »
I'll be near the New Hapmshire border. I think I may just drive to MTL on the weekends if shit's really dead in VT.

gkn00dlez

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 12:55:38 PM »
That is a really broad area. I'm on the NH border as well. Boston is a short drive if you are on the southern end of the state.

Narcissus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 12:12:56 PM »
UVM Campus. Talent Park/Shop. Winooski Park. Essex Junction Park.
i saw my grandma bail off a 4 set once in my house and she even got up and came to red lobster after.
Quote from: The Kitten!
get wasted and pass out.

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
    • IDEAL Handmades - Skateboards avatar image
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 10:23:23 PM »
anywhere but the burlington area is nothing but cow farms and broken down abandoned ski resorts.
yeah, winooski park is pretty good (best park in VT in my opinion. don't have to pay, no helmet bullshit or park nannies, moveable boxes and shit. the stuff there could be in a little better shape, but I kinda like a slight bit of jank to the junk I skate.)
Cops there can be pretty harsh with street stuff, but if you don't mind just hitting stuff as you go for a jaunt about town, and don't stay planted in one spot for more than 2 tries, you should be fine. theres some semi-decent hills around town too.
and there's always the DIY barrier spot near the Burton warehouse. That should be your go-to.
@idealhandmades

LloydChristmas

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2014, 09:50:16 AM »
Bump.

I live in burlington now and have skated the park on the water and the winooski park, which is fun as hell.  going to check out the essex junction park too.  If there are any pals in the area, lets skate...

coneklr

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2014, 12:03:23 PM »
I just moved away recently but there let me know what you're looking for and I'll help you find it.  The Burton Bowl is pretty awesome if you want to ride a big ramp and there is a diy spot not far from there either.  Essex is a fun park for sure.  If you hit up Talent on a Friday night a bunch of my friends will be there if it's shitty out or Essex most likely if it's nice.  There is also a fun diy spot across the lake in Plattsburgh.  There are also a few good street spots there as well.  Burlington is a great place if you don't mind winter or way overpriced rent.  So much good food in the area though

Jim and Dan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 464
  • Pure East
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2014, 12:42:47 PM »
anywhere but the burlington area is nothing but cow farms and broken down abandoned ski resorts.
yeah, winooski park is pretty good (best park in VT in my opinion. don't have to pay, no helmet bullshit or park nannies, moveable boxes and shit. the stuff there could be in a little better shape, but I kinda like a slight bit of jank to the junk I skate.)
Cops there can be pretty harsh with street stuff, but if you don't mind just hitting stuff as you go for a jaunt about town, and don't stay planted in one spot for more than 2 tries, you should be fine. theres some semi-decent hills around town too.
and there's always the DIY barrier spot near the Burton warehouse. That should be your go-to.

Bwahaha!!!

Sweatercuff, remember when we went to the DIY barrier spot and literally every surface was covered in wax?

That's right, a literal 1/4 inch thick layer of wax on everything but the ground!

I like skating in Vermont; Burlington not so much.

Brattleboro & Saint Johnsbury have rough/good spots, you may just have to really search around.

A personal favorite . . .

Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

Ross Norman - Last of the Mohicans

LloydChristmas

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2014, 12:55:41 PM »
^whoa that's a sick spot

just skated essex, super fun.  i'm on a zip zinger exclusively right now so parks are really fun.  the center obstacle with the wallrides on the side is soo sick!  and the town is pretty wealthy so it looks like they maintain the whole area, which is a nice change from where i moved from.  the locals at Winooski park are rippers, and it's closest to me so it'll probably be my go-to.  

There is also a fun diy spot across the lake in Plattsburgh.  
i'm about to take my first ferry adventure soon and i'd check this out if it's bike/skating distance from the ferry- do you have a rough address or directions i could go by?  thanks in advance for any help.

coneklr

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2014, 12:57:02 PM »
Bwahaha!!!

Sweatercuff, remember when we went to the DIY barrier spot and literally every surface was covered in wax?

That's right, a literal 1/4 inch thick layer of wax on everything but the ground!

That was so fucking bad.  The dudes who built that spot wanted to kill the kid who did it.  From what I heard he literally melted the wax on and it just ran down the trannys.  It was fucked for a while after that

coneklr

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2014, 12:58:52 PM »
^whoa that's a sick spot

just skated essex, super fun.  i'm on a zip zinger exclusively right now so parks are really fun.  the center obstacle with the wallrides on the side is soo sick!  and the town is pretty wealthy so it looks like they maintain the whole area, which is a nice change from where i moved from.  the locals at Winooski park are rippers, and it's closest to me so it'll probably be my go-to.  

Expand Quote
[close]
i'm about to take my first ferry adventure soon and i'd check this out if it's bike/skating distance from the ferry- do you have a rough address or directions i could go by?  thanks in advance for any help.

If you are taking the downtown Burlington ferry there will be nothing on the NY side!  Like 3 miles up the road is the chasm but nothing skatewise anywhere near there.  And it is an hour ride each way.  The spot is about 5 miles from the north ferry

coneklr

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2014, 01:02:00 PM »
My friend's insta has a bunch of pics of the spot in Plattsburgh.  I have a few on mine too but from a while back since I moved away a few months ago.

http://instagram.com/ralphfilion

LloydChristmas

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2014, 01:22:15 PM »
Expand Quote
^whoa that's a sick spot

Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

If you are taking the downtown Burlington ferry there will be nothing on the NY side!  Like 3 miles up the road is the chasm but nothing skatewise anywhere near there.  And it is an hour ride each way.  The spot is about 5 miles from the north ferry

ah, gotcha.  i'm just learning the geography around here and didn't realize how far north Plattsburgh is.  also looking to just explore and get a feel for the city- any favorite bars?  i live just north of church street (and yes, the rent is retardedly steep)

coneklr

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2014, 02:15:21 PM »

ah, gotcha.  i'm just learning the geography around here and didn't realize how far north Plattsburgh is.  also looking to just explore and get a feel for the city- any favorite bars?  i live just north of church street (and yes, the rent is retardedly steep)

What kind of food/beer/liquor are you into?

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2014, 02:49:15 PM »
I'll be near the New Hapmshire border. I think I may just drive to MTL on the weekends if shit's really dead in VT.
I live on the VT/NH border. There's some pretty good parks in Lebanon and Littleton. Loading docks everywhere too, those are easier to skate on Sundays though.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2014, 04:22:38 PM »
Vermont is a great state. They accept Canadian money at par and use metric system on their roadsigns. You're also a stones throw away from great seafood, surfing, and the mountains. Check out the burlington skatepark it's pretty good from what I remember.