Author Topic: I'm giving SLAP a super-secret sneak peak...  (Read 5501 times)

@thewilleasley

I'm giving SLAP a super-secret sneak peak...
« on: June 15, 2014, 12:51:05 AM »
of my latest project, The Arizona EP. the song's called My Way, and the beat was custom made for me by my guy Bravestarr out in Virginia. this is the only video on my vimeo account & i aint sending this shit to anyone else yet. Disclaimer: If yall expecting some super-serious song made with the intention of "proving people wrong" about anything then you shit outta luck, cuz this my most not give a fuckest song on the whole project. It's called My Way for a reason ya know? I feel like it was the perfect track for yall to hear from me in this particular moment in time. Anyways, let's get this shit crackin!

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1955
Re: I'm giving SLAP a super-secret sneak peak...
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2014, 12:58:53 AM »
You should probably mix it a little better. The synth is way too overbearing for me compared to the vocals which should be the main focus.

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2014, 01:39:33 AM »
Nice, like the head nod to 2pac at the beginning. Beat is fly, reminds me a bit of some beats off of Both Sides of The Brain by Del. Good stuff.

Tale Crab

• Rep: 350
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2014, 01:41:54 AM »
Shit = cracked.

kamltoe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -443
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2014, 03:34:55 AM »
i'm into it. the mixdown was a little off, but that's all post+mastering. tight.

K

Quote from: The Gipper

Classic keyboard skate champion talk right there.

you need to stop thinking people do what you tell them bc they dont.

BraveUlysses

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2014, 07:09:14 AM »
Watching Rusty's latest footy with this song playing in the background.

Down for the song btw
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 09:34:33 PM by BraveUlysses »

wallieD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2014, 01:48:27 PM »
that's how i do's it

fulltechnicalskizzy

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2014, 02:20:43 PM »
is it about slap?

Chris Hansen is back

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2014, 04:16:59 PM »
Cliched rap about cliched rap. Form as content and vice versa.  You should call your album "Mise en Albyme".

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2014, 07:12:38 PM »
ive taken shits that were less corny than this.

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2014, 09:19:00 PM »
Shout out a much better and deceased rapper? check, talk about how real you are? check, horrible beat? check, I had to stop listening but I'm sure you talked about weed and money as well. Sounds like every other shitty radio rapper out there today.  You might just make it Weasely.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 09:31:22 PM by ill_Murray »
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

sufodiv

• Rep: -5
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2014, 09:28:54 PM »

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2014, 09:45:57 PM »
I thought that was really good... IS WHAT I WOULD SAY ON OPPOSITES DAY!!!!!! WWWWHATTTT. BURNED YOU

but no seriously

-yours

@thewilleasley

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2014, 10:27:01 PM »
Shout out a much better and deceased rapper? check, talk about how real you are? check, horrible beat? check, I had to stop listening but I'm sure you talked about weed and money as well. Sounds like every other shitty radio rapper out there today.  You might just make it Weasely.

haha way to look at things thru a filter. you act like most of the greatests of all time didn't have PLENTY songs about the same shit. since you wanna mention that All Eyez on Me reference, that entire album consisted of gangster rap & club songs, and its one of the best rap albums of all time. I aint on the gangster shit i just rap about my life & how i feel, as any hip-hop artist should. theres a lot of various topics i discuss throughout the EP because theres a lot more to my story than party & bullshit but this song was simply written as pure self expression & is about doing your own thing & enjoying life on your terms regardless of what other people think, and the lyrics clearly reflect that. then again, yall don't actually listen to lyrics you just project whatever negative image onto anything i do so i guess that doesn't really matter.

Ill Murray i specifically remember you saying that you were gonna put me on ignore so you wouldn't have to deal with me ever again, yet its been almost a month later and you still have something to say about Will Easley every other day. if yall gon spend that much time thinking about me, you might as well be come join the winning team. its all good vibes over here & i have nothing but positive momentum in my life. if yall wanna go up against that then by all means, do you, just don't get all flippy floppy on me when the underdog finally has his day. i aint going nowhere and you'll only be hearing more from me. Better learn to live with it before you drive yourself crazy tryna over-analyze & critique my every move, cuz I'm only at a 4 right now about to cranked up to a 10 within these next few weeks

special thanks to those who gave actual feedback i truly appreciate it. thats the first track i finished recording at the legendary saltmine studios here in AZ and even tho thats kinda just the preliminary mix before we really go in and mix/master all the songs together as a whole, I was vibing to it more anything else I've done before so i had to share! lol
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 11:00:41 PM by W.easley »

Mr. Lono

• Rep: 22
  • Fl NC CO
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2014, 10:57:58 PM »
This user is currently ignored

Did this douchebag write a song? I am gonna have to get on another computer. I am laughing and haven't even heard it yet.
Charlie don't skate

Mr. Lono

• Rep: 22
  • Fl NC CO
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2014, 11:01:27 PM »
Wow. Same rules apply. I listened to a couple sentences and told myself never again.
Charlie don't skate

shitsandwich

• Rep: -53
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2014, 11:47:49 PM »
Can't say I'm a fan of the hook but other than that I thought it was pretty good. I wouldn't mind listening to it again. The change in flow at 4:05 was cool

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2014, 07:45:50 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

haha way to look at things thru a filter. you act like most of the greatests of all time didn't have PLENTY songs about the same shit. since you wanna mention that All Eyez on Me reference, that entire album consisted of gangster rap & club songs, and its one of the best rap albums of all time. I aint on the gangster shit i just rap about my life & how i feel, as any hip-hop artist should. theres a lot of various topics i discuss throughout the EP because theres a lot more to my story than party & bullshit but this song was simply written as pure self expression & is about doing your own thing & enjoying life on your terms regardless of what other people think, and the lyrics clearly reflect that. then again, yall don't actually listen to lyrics you just project whatever negative image onto anything i do so i guess that doesn't really matter.

Ill Murray i specifically remember you saying that you were gonna put me on ignore so you wouldn't have to deal with me ever again, yet its been almost a month later and you still have something to say about Will Easley every other day. if yall gon spend that much time thinking about me, you might as well be come join the winning team. its all good vibes over here & i have nothing but positive momentum in my life. if yall wanna go up against that then by all means, do you, just don't get all flippy floppy on me when the underdog finally has his day. i aint going nowhere and you'll only be hearing more from me. Better learn to live with it before you drive yourself crazy tryna over-analyze & critique my every move, cuz I'm only at a 4 right now about to cranked up to a 10 within these next few weeks

special thanks to those who gave actual feedback i truly appreciate it. thats the first track i finished recording at the legendary saltmine studios here in AZ and even tho thats kinda just the preliminary mix before we really go in and mix/master all the songs together as a whole, I was vibing to it more anything else I've done before so i had to share! lol

Ignoring you was cool for a few days, but then like half of threads were missing because your 5 paragraph diatribes were nowhere to be seen. 

Also it seems like you don't even get my criticisms based on your reply.  My biggest beef with the track is that it sounds like every other shitty hip hop track that's out there today and instead of explaining why its different you just confirmed that yes, it is like everything that's ever come out in the last 5-7 years by saying stuff like "well Pac did it" or the same old argument you always throw out about how your living life on your terms and fuck what other people think blah blah blah but yet here you are on Slap once again seeking validation. 

Like I said before, lucky for you the rap game is in the fucking toilet so your shit will fit right in. 

ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2014, 09:49:32 AM »
I thought it was pretty good.

I'm probably not the best critic since I enjoyed rawbs mix tape that Grim hosted, and liked weezley's last album that was on datpiff.

I listen to Shade 45 almost every day and can honestly say I liked this more than a few songs they play like that stupid fucking meek mill song "house party' and a bunch of other wack shit.

Jack Klompis

• Rep: 53
  • you want the pen??
look who's eating dinner at 6 o'clock