Author Topic: What's the benefit of fast turning trucks?  (Read 2088 times)

Tracer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
What's the benefit of fast turning trucks?
« on: June 18, 2014, 07:37:52 PM »
I've skated GK, Krux, Thunder, Indy, Ruckus, and Tensor.

Thunders are honestly a hair trigger, rode em so long and wheelbite very often. They turn so fast you don't even know what's going on, then BOOM wheelbite pitch to flat.

Indys are very normal and predictable, which is why 60% of skaters ride em. The stock bushings are also much better than others

Slap, tell me what do you like about fast turning trucks? I'm not exactly the swiftest on foot but see no need for instant response, I want it boring, slow and predictable so I can LAND my tricks.

Julz

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
Re: What's the benefit of fast turning trucks?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 07:57:14 PM »

Candygirl

• Rep: -4
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 01:49:37 AM »
I bought one pair of indy's when Koston got on and they were like practical joke trucks or something. For some reason with these trucks only I couldn't land a treflip for the life of me. There was something so wrong with the design that my board could barely pop it was the most stressful thing not knowing what the problem was since they were brand new. shortly after the bushings totally ripped apart and vitually dissolved. Been happy riding thunders ever since. Never Indy again.

Over the past decade I tried Indy?s a few times. I had no pop and especially treflips didn't work out. Could be me. I am sticking with thunders since then and everything is fine.

Young Satchel

• Rep: 19
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 04:01:31 AM »
Turning fast. /thread.

Shufflessss

• Rep: 34
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 07:33:10 AM »
They turn faster...
I don't rollerblade, I play ROLLER HOCKEY! I've been kicking haters like you to the curb forever

foureyedjim

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2014, 08:41:15 AM »
u

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1582
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2014, 11:53:53 PM »
Coming soon from Tracer......'going fast.....why bother?'. 'Fun......over rated!'

pandarelated

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2014, 09:39:53 PM »
cause they turn fast? why would you want to turn.. slowly? no one wants to turn slowly.. i dont want to turn the wheels in my car  times to make a corner..
why loose trucks? cause they are loose.. its quick. its insane. its fun. you can turn when you want. this is an even more stupid question then normal tracer..

Tracer

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2014, 09:55:21 PM »
cause they turn fast? why would you want to turn.. slowly? no one wants to turn slowly.. i dont want to turn the wheels in my car  times to make a corner..
why loose trucks? cause they are loose.. its quick. its insane. its fun. you can turn when you want. this is an even more stupid question then normal tracer..
fuck up catbread, it's a real question. I don't like wheelbiting every trick with thunders tuned medium, fast turning means unpredictable hair trigger. I'd rather know my trucks aren't going to bite at the hardest cuts. There's a reason Independent is the #1 brand, and Thunder with their quick turning trucks are looking for answers (see the 149 II high)

pandarelated

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2014, 10:31:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
fuck up catbread, it's a real question. I don't like wheelbiting every trick with thunders tuned medium, fast turning means unpredictable hair trigger. I'd rather know my trucks aren't going to bite at the hardest cuts. There's a reason Independent is the #1 brand, and Thunder with their quick turning trucks are looking for answers (see the 149 II high)

catbread!! mmmmmm.. cat bread..
it cause some people like it wild.. i don't thunders "normal" settings.. ? (bones medium loose).. then i skated ACEs bones medium. (squirrel party!!!)
now on indy's bones medium mid loose.. (top of king pin).. thunders just have wheels bite issues.. hence why i don't like them. it not that they turn "fast" .. like aces.. its that they are centered.. or in wheel bite..
the 147 II highs were an improvement. the 149 mk1? where horrible wheels bite machines.. never tired the new Mk2s.
but i dont think thunders turn fast.. they just only have 2 positions.. center.. or tuning.

foureyedjim

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2014, 10:33:37 PM »

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 307
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2014, 01:09:10 PM »
There are other fast turning trucks besides Thunder. Aces and Venture Highs immediately come to mind. Neither wheelbite half as bad as Thunder (because Thunders have the lowest "high" truck out there). You ride them because you want to turn faster.

Also, the stock yellow Indy bushings are shit.

Tracer

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2014, 08:16:08 PM »
There are other fast turning trucks besides Thunder. Aces and Venture Highs immediately come to mind. Neither wheelbite half as bad as Thunder (because Thunders have the lowest "high" truck out there). You ride them because you want to turn faster.

Also, the stock yellow Indy bushings are shit.
exactly, i don't know why everyone loves them so much. They collapse within a week of skating