Author Topic: Leg fatigue?  (Read 3428 times)

Hash Slinging Slasher

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
Leg fatigue?
« on: June 27, 2014, 07:17:12 PM »
So lately when I've been skating my legs - knees and below - have been getting tired really fast and I can't seem to figure out the reason why. I've been skating basically everyday, but even after taking a two day break they still got tired pretty fast today. I've come up with a few possible reasons, but maybe someone could tell me what's the most likely: 1. Summer heat, 2. Skating in vulcs, 3. Not resting my legs enough (but I'm 19 so...), or a combo of all three. And does anyone know of any basic exercises I could do to possibly fix or improve my situation? Thanks for any help, pals

svilleantigo

• Rep: 61
Re: Leg fatigue?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2014, 04:34:53 AM »
1 and 3. vulcs might not be great on the feet, but they won't hurt your legs too much. a rain day or two will fix you up

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1473
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2014, 04:37:12 AM »
Andrew Reynolds soaks in a tub of ice water.  Try that.

silkyjohnson

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2014, 05:31:43 AM »
mtry to skate through it,maybe
 it will strengthen and condition your legs

shark tits

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2014, 11:23:04 AM »

ogcoors

• Rep: -69
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2014, 11:28:32 AM »
exercise and stretch well. don't be a pussy you are 19, you have a lot of vinegar young one. Drink plenty of water too! if all fails buy some coke and do some lines. Your legs won't hurt until your done skating ;)

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2014, 04:11:13 PM »
Get your feet checked by a podiatrist. You might have foot issues, failing that see a osteopath. I work a job where I'm on my feet most of the time and my flat feet combined with one leg being slightly shorter than the other gives me fatigue but I stretch and have orthotic insoles that help. I also ride a bike to work that results in about 120 miles a week on a bike so it's not unusual that I'll get pain but I have to elevate my feet when I get home to get the blood to drain out of them so it doesn't get crazy swollen.

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 875
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2014, 04:29:34 PM »
I've been stretching a lot more (pre and post skating) and trying to work out because my right leg has been weaker since I had an MS relapse in Feb-March. Pretty much a half hour every other day on a rowing machine. It really has helped.

Young Satchel

• Rep: 19
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2014, 03:28:19 AM »
The past 3 days have been brutal heat & humidity wise in NY. Went out for half an hour on Tuesday and I was a ragdoll. The humidity in particular saps my energy really quickly. But beyond that, basic stretches and strengthening do a lot at any age.

Young Satchel

• Rep: 19
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2014, 03:33:45 AM »
Also, skateboarders don't seem to follow practices of replenishment and recovery that many athletes do. Shit I never did when I was younger. After cycling more seriously for a couple years I've learned it's crucial to Make sure You are replacing lost salts and potassium (helps avoid cramping) particularly in the heat. Beyond that, some sort of "recovery" beverage is a good idea. Feed the muscles protein after working them. Believe it or not, lowfat chocolate milk is a good choice of you don't wanna buy expensive powders or drinks.