Author Topic: Zero & Fallen x Dwindle...  (Read 13936 times)

Iceman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
Re: Zero & Fallen x Dwindle...
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2014, 04:50:57 PM »
Oh, and big up ISUCK for telling people how it is, no bullshit. Respect.

It's strange how brands that have been so huge are going through this. Alien Workshop being sold to a corporation and then going to shit, now Zero going to Dwindle (technically a skate brand but judging by where I see Darkstar boards I'm going to consider them a corporate brand). Meanwhile, brands that died after the 90s are coming back or came back, like Stereo and Shorty's.

All of this seems so familiar. The corporate involvement, massive contests, core brands shifting around or dying out completely... are we about to meet the next skatepocalypse?

or the final stage in the ongoing metamorphosis into a full-on commercial sport?

almost time to bow down to our corporate overlords.

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2014, 05:09:03 PM »
didn't someone say something about how dwindle has to own a certain percent of the company before they distribute them? is that true?

hufs calve muscles

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2014, 05:10:33 PM »
Threat was a masssive shit stain to begin with. ? Cant say im bummed its dead.

Forrest on Lockdown ? ;D ;D ;D ;D

tkp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 515
    • shop lurker avatar image
Re: Jamie Thomas Jenkem Interview.
« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2014, 05:13:50 PM »
mislead youth? bring the thrill back!

drift down memory lane:  Skate Videos - ZERO - Thrill Of It All

cuntzilla

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -63
« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2014, 05:17:11 PM »
does wallmart sell pro models or nahh?
I don't rollerblade, I play ROLLER HOCKEY! I've been kicking haters like you to the curb forever

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #65 on: June 24, 2014, 05:20:08 PM »

Made by DSM in China

MisterX

• Rep: 50
« Reply #66 on: June 24, 2014, 05:29:41 PM »
I think part of the reason all of these companies are folding is the fact that they constantly focus strictly on growth.  Obviously I understand you have to start small and grow over time, but when is enough enough?  Every brand I have worked for constantly pushes for yearly growth instead of focusing on maintaining a solid brand image.  Consistently adding SKUs to "fatten the line."  

I am sure many of their brands in their heyday had a respectable line with well thought out products that targeted their customer.  Now I feel it's so watered down to appeal to the mass market.  Every brand strives to grow, but I think there should be a limit...I guess that's where people get greedy and it all comes crashing down.  Oh well, I guess someone's gotta pay for Nyjah's next R8
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 05:31:31 PM by MisterX »

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #67 on: June 24, 2014, 05:39:30 PM »
you just screwed garrett hill. put him back on zero

This is the main thing i thought about and not once was Garrett mentioned. It sucks that he got pushed off zero to start a no chance company knowing blackbox was already hurting, it just doesn't make sense at all. It sucks seeing people overlooking him with forrest but i can understand why.

Ndsr

• Rep: -7
« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2014, 05:51:07 PM »
I mean, you won't keep selling product, when your product is shit. I don't know about zero boards, but fallen shoes are notoriously low quality. I bought a tan pair of jack curtains, and the soles fell off in three weeks. I never skated them once, I got them as chillers. And I've heard a million other stories of the same. You can't put garbage out there, especially in a competitive market, and expect people to keep buying them. Maybe dwindle will be able to put more money into the brand, and the quality will rise, and with that, sales.

Side note, how is dwindle so flush? What company do they have that's raking in money? Cliche, maybe? I don't think I've seen blind, dark star, or tensor product in a shop since I was maybe 18.

Enjoi sells a bit where I'm at, almost

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #69 on: June 24, 2014, 05:51:20 PM »
I think part of the reason all of these companies are folding is the fact that they constantly focus strictly on growth.  Obviously I understand you have to start small and grow over time, but when is enough enough?  Every brand I have worked for constantly pushes for yearly growth instead of focusing on maintaining a solid brand image.  Consistently adding SKUs to "fatten the line."  

I am sure many of their brands in their heyday had a respectable line with well thought out products that targeted their customer.  Now I feel it's so watered down to appeal to the mass market.  Every brand strives to grow, but I think there should be a limit...I guess that's where people get greedy and it all comes crashing down.  Oh well, I guess someone's gotta pay for Nyjah's next R8

that's cancer capitalism. companies are pushed to strive for perpetual growth (an obvious impossibility) to appease their stockholders.

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #70 on: June 24, 2014, 06:01:48 PM »
ISUCK is cool

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2014, 06:09:59 PM »
I wonder what this does to Cole's stake in Zero
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

shit_for_brains

« Reply #72 on: June 24, 2014, 06:25:39 PM »
So giant corporations are killing skateboarding. Interesting.

JAesop

« Reply #73 on: June 24, 2014, 07:06:47 PM »
Birdo the prophet has spoken. Nobody listened.

thecount

• Rep: -52
« Reply #74 on: June 24, 2014, 07:07:56 PM »
this the time chris cole leaves for planb

pinche gringo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
« Reply #75 on: June 24, 2014, 07:42:17 PM »
Birdo the prophet has spoken. Nobody listened.
'Less is more, stay pure, stay poor.'

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #76 on: June 24, 2014, 07:54:31 PM »
More shots fired at Colden.

Nike and Staba thick as thieves in this.

The fact that they wouldn't help pay for his release and then try and make him out as the injured party is bullshit.

Good to know that Nike Mental is official though.
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

keenan

• Rep: 0
« Reply #77 on: June 24, 2014, 07:59:09 PM »
hahaha nike mental
colden had good vibes in color theory,
even used a hendrix song
guess he turned into a kook

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #78 on: June 24, 2014, 08:38:00 PM »
I still have a sneaking suspicion that Colden didn't pay the 15 g's himself,  Nike had to have helped.

New Balance is still listed on Black Box's site, what's going on with that?
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

alonelikeastone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
  • 608z.
    • Meh. avatar image
« Reply #79 on: June 24, 2014, 08:49:03 PM »
lakai through dwindle.... that was funny!!!!!!!

do some of you just skim through these interviews to get on slap to ask questions that were answered in the interview ?

dwindle producing zero. insane.
In Canada it means back to ultimate distribution! which is where zero started and was massively popular. Its exciting in a way.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #80 on: June 24, 2014, 09:35:23 PM »

do some of you just skim through these interviews to get on slap to ask questions that were answered in the interview ?

In Canada it means back to ultimate distribution! which is where zero started and was massively popular. Its exciting in a way.
what? dwindle has sales reps, ships from USA. not ultimate...

sfa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 178
« Reply #81 on: June 24, 2014, 10:22:47 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
you're an idiot shut up.

dwindle only has distributions set up in the us and Oz. In other countries they use other distros. Ie: in Canada they use Ultimate, which is a very good distro.
I need a coffee

MisterX

• Rep: 50
« Reply #82 on: June 24, 2014, 11:19:50 PM »

Apparently Zero and Fallen are leaving your distribution (Black Box) and will be under Dwindle Distribution now. What exactly does that mean for these brands?
It means that in the coming months, Dwindle will be taking over the sales, finance, production and distribution aspects of the brands. Yeah, the brands are remaining independent and our crew will be focused on the team, marketing and creative aspects of the brands. For as long as I can remember, I have been pulled in a million different directions and have had the constant feeling of never being able to focus on any one thing long enough to have a positive impact. My passion for the team and marketing side of things is why I started Zero after helping Ed with that stuff on Toy Machine; ironically I have had less and less time to invest in the stuff I have the most passion for and I?m over it. This isn?t all about me though, the team and employees need stability and we?ve been shook to the core with how the changes in the industry have affected Fallen over the past 5 years.

Maybe you skimmed over that part.

hufs calve muscles

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #83 on: June 24, 2014, 11:50:38 PM »
I'm willing to bet the Darkman would be a power bottom.

Spitfire4life

• Rep: -20
« Reply #84 on: June 24, 2014, 11:51:33 PM »
I really hope they keep the Shallow Grave shape, that's my shit. I used to ride strictly Zero boards but I wanted to branch out and try new shapes and wood, but I kinda feel the need to go back. Hope everything works out.
If you take medical advice from this puddle of retards you are going to die.

pile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 183
  • sweet, man.
« Reply #85 on: June 25, 2014, 12:03:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
you're an idiot shut up.

dwindle only has distributions set up in the us and Oz. In other countries they use other distros. Ie: in Canada they use Ultimate, which is a very good distro.

http://www.ultimatedistro.com/brands/skate/

do you see any dwindle brands listed on here? ultimate hasn't dealt with them for years. the only time i ever see a dwindle product up here is when it's a shop collaboration board. don't get me wrong, i'd love to see ultimate take it back from centre, but it's not going to happen.

Julz

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #86 on: June 25, 2014, 12:15:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
you're an idiot shut up.

[close]

http://www.ultimatedistro.com/brands/skate/

do you see any dwindle brands listed on here? ultimate hasn't dealt with them for years. the only time i ever see a dwindle product up here is when it's a shop collaboration board. don't get me wrong, i'd love to see ultimate take it back from centre, but it's not going to happen.

What's wrong with centre?

slikrick

• Rep: -1
« Reply #87 on: June 25, 2014, 12:39:53 AM »
I may be wrong but is Jamie still on zero?

if so is Jamie going to push for his zero board sales or his black box sales.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
« Reply #88 on: June 25, 2014, 01:19:44 AM »
I really hope they keep the Shallow Grave shape, that's my shit. I used to ride strictly Zero boards but I wanted to branch out and try new shapes and wood, but I kinda feel the need to go back. Hope everything works out.

Fuck that, hopefully they completley change their shapes. I fucking hate all blackbox shapes, and ive never owned a dwindle brand, so im psyched to see whats gonna happen in the next few months.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

Julz

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #89 on: June 25, 2014, 01:42:50 AM »
I think part of the reason all of these companies are folding is the fact that they constantly focus strictly on growth.  Obviously I understand you have to start small and grow over time, but when is enough enough?  Every brand I have worked for constantly pushes for yearly growth instead of focusing on maintaining a solid brand image.  Consistently adding SKUs to "fatten the line."  

supreme did that and look where it got them 20 years later, every drops has kids lining up for their overpriced crap.