Author Topic: Wheel graphics facing inward  (Read 21347 times)

gaunting

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Wheel graphics facing inward
« Reply #60 on: June 28, 2014, 11:18:09 PM »
yea too distracting for me sometimes. i actually keep 3 wheels inward with one graphic side out, helps me determine which is the nose from tail.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
« Reply #61 on: June 29, 2014, 06:50:07 AM »
The nose is longer and flatter. That's how you know it's the nose.  :P

ableSkateMag.com

ZEBRA

« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2014, 02:36:38 PM »
This.

too distracting if outward i find.

Randozzi

« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2014, 03:47:39 PM »
i dig the clean look of white wheels with no graphics but i do 3 in, 1 out.
don't know why i started doing it that way. just always have as far back as i can remember.
probably saw someone else do it and copied it.

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #64 on: June 30, 2014, 04:28:45 AM »
i remeber seeing some guy when in the skate shop when i was really little and saw him have two in and two out and after that ive done it with every single pair of wheels ive had

u only skate with 2 wheels?

Jared

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
  • Die Slow
« Reply #65 on: July 01, 2014, 02:33:51 PM »
I remember there was a Shorty's ad in the back of transworld where Muska is sitting in the back of a car with the hatch open setting up a fresh complete and he had his wheels facing in. I think this was around 2004 or 2005 and I've been doing it ever since.

harrison ford invented the first car, in America

Schismatic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 4
« Reply #66 on: July 03, 2014, 07:47:35 PM »
For the most part, wheel graphics are cheesy. I've had some so obnoxious that I scraped them off but I start with them in for the same reason I have solid black grip and prefer simple graphics (or plain shirts and subtle shoe styles for that matter), to reduce the busyness. I just don't like a lot of flair. On the other hand I've heard people say they wanted to preserve their wheel graphics so they put them in to reduce scraping on the ground.

It's not a new thing, most people I know have been doing it ever since symmetrical wheel shapes came out. They end up getting rotated out before long anyway to prevent coning as they wear, but by that time rubbing on coping/ledges has taken most of the paint off. In the end it doesn't matter. It sounds cliche but put them whatever way you want and don't worry about why other people do what they do.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1578
« Reply #67 on: July 04, 2014, 10:07:14 AM »
I rotate my wheels and it's weird because they respond differently for the next few sessions.....It feels kinda like new wheels...

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 976
  • the moon rules
« Reply #68 on: July 04, 2014, 06:32:35 PM »
how long do you guys ride your wheels?
i can't remember my wheels actually coning like they used to as a kid. wear down? yes. flat spot? yes. cone? nope.
in my heyday i was going through wheels on a bi-weekly basis. i'm not talking about a kid with "rich" parents buying them whatever they wanted. i would pay for them with my own money because they would be bearing shields after a  couple weeks. i can't remember any of them ever coning

i've been riding my wheels graphic in since i can remember. all the older kids did it. i'm not afraid to admit that i followed their lead. now i still ride them graphics in because i don't like the way graphics out look. maybe it's from a lifetime of just riding them in
fuck you bama

Schismatic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 4
« Reply #69 on: July 04, 2014, 09:39:21 PM »
how long do you guys ride your wheels?
i can't emember my wheels actually coning like they used to as a kid. wear down? yes. flat spot? yes. cone? nope.

Since I started riding Bones I haven't had a single flatspot and they stay white so I find myself riding a pair for 4-5 months (until 56's become ~52's) so rotating is necessary at some point. It's not like when I rode spitfires, I'd go through them faster, especially living in SF and bombing a lot of hills they'd be toast super fast.

Part of them lasting is because I'm older with a career and kid so skate a couple times/week at best. Where I get problems with wear is because I do a lot of tailslides and tailslide-reverts which on cement tranny tends to wear your back left wheel (goofy) way faster than the rest, and the outside of the wheel faster than the inside to give the coning effect.

ignorant_banter

• Rep: 0
« Reply #70 on: July 07, 2014, 11:26:55 AM »
I'm starting to realize slap is a bunch of bullshit and one interesting topic per month or so

HAHAHAHAH!!!! NO COMMENT

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3317
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #71 on: July 08, 2014, 01:45:19 PM »
graphics out graphics in

pimps up ho's down

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #72 on: July 08, 2014, 01:47:01 PM »
I have all wheels facing the same way, doesn't matter which way

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3317
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #73 on: July 08, 2014, 01:49:56 PM »
Expand Quote
i remeber seeing some guy when in the skate shop when i was really little and saw him have two in and two out and after that ive done it with every single pair of wheels ive had

[close]

u only skate with 2 wheels?

yescomply is Richie Jackson confirmed