Author Topic: China Pals  (Read 12672 times)

Sognar

• Rep: 0
China Pals
« on: June 26, 2014, 08:09:13 PM »
I'm planning to visit China in the end of July/beginning of August. I will probably start off in Shenzhen and then bounce around the biggest cities for a month or so.
Are there any heads who are willing to skate/show around/drink a couple of brews and so on?
And for the people who have been there before: is there a chinese website where I can find a cheap room/hostel. I've already searched booking.com, airbnb and so on, but I somehow think that there are better options.
By the way, is it possible to skate there during the day or is it too hot?

Thanks in advance!

stone cold steve austin

• Rep: -76
  • i hate me more then you hate me.
Re: China Pals
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2014, 01:52:15 AM »
hey dude,

i went around this time last year. i stayed in shenzhen and all the spots are easy to find but its in the middle of there summer and its hot as fuck. i went for 2 weeks and skated maybe 3 times.

all im going to say is COCO PARK at night time. like 5 clubs in this one little place and its so crazy.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
  • definitely.
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 11:07:58 AM »
I'm going to Shanghai and Chengdu at the end of August.

I am trying to put together a Shanghai skate map based on those guide to Shanghai type videos, if you would like to help let me know.

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -37
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 03:45:11 AM »
i live in Guangzhou- i can show you spots, places to eat, brews etc. when do you leave?
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
  • definitely.
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2014, 08:06:06 AM »
-Edit:  you were probably asking OP.

August 30th.  I won't be able to make it to Guangzhou though. 

Do you know anyone who knows where this spot at 3:45 is?  My guess from the background is it's on the Pudong side of the river a bit south of that crazy skyline area.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 08:08:38 AM by chockfullofthat »

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2014, 02:11:10 AM »
im back in GZ on the 20th if you're still around. Ill be on holiday and im in Pakistan and didnt bring my board so ill be itching to skate.

[

brotherdarkness

• Rep: -27
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2014, 02:00:16 AM »
I'll be in china from the 18th of october until the 2nd of november. Be good to have a local tour guide. Shoot me an email [email protected]

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2014, 05:53:23 AM »
I'll be in china from the 18th of october until the 2nd of november. Be good to have a local tour guide. Shoot me an email [email protected]

emailed.

[

clamy

• Rep: 81
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2015, 03:55:05 AM »
I'm going to be in Shanghai for two weeks at the end of June for school. It's a bit of a long shot, but it'd be cool to meet up with someone who skates.

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2015, 08:35:54 AM »
I'm going to be in Shanghai for two weeks at the end of June for school. It's a bit of a long shot, but it'd be cool to meet up with someone who skates.

i live in guangzhou and know some homies in shanghai  but aren't too close to em- check out LP park - a lot of local skaters skate there. check the hashtag #shanghaiskatespot and @jaymeador on instagram - dont know em too well but there plenty of locations on his instagram account that can get you to some amazing spots.

[

SHARPSHOOTER

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2015, 02:56:50 PM »
How much is it to fly there? Like from the US or Canada. Is food/board cheap when you're there?

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2015, 01:09:08 AM »
How much is it to fly there? Like from the US or Canada. Is food/board cheap when you're there?

about 1200 USD round trip. You can live off $20 a day easily. Boarding is cheap $20/night

[

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65508
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2015, 07:50:27 PM »
If you make it to Hong Kong,  give us a shout.
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

clamy

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2015, 02:39:56 AM »

i live in guangzhou and know some homies in shanghai  but aren't too close to em- check out LP park - a lot of local skaters skate there. check the hashtag #shanghaiskatespot and @jaymeador on instagram - dont know em too well but there plenty of locations on his instagram account that can get you to some amazing spots.

Awesome. Thank you for the reply!

I just checked out LP park, it's pretty close to where I'm staying. I'll have check out some of those spots, too.

clamy

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2015, 10:49:20 PM »
Thanks again, fulfillthedream!

I skated LP and met a lot of people there. The shops Fly and Avenue & Son are worth checking out; Edan and Boss will look after you.

Here's just a glimpse of Shanghai:

« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 04:25:57 AM by clamy »

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 21
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2018, 09:54:34 PM »
Back at it again, reviving these dead ass threads. Don't judge me...

I'll be in Chengdu all of July and most likely visiting Shanghai after for a bit in early August. Anybody around? Recommended beer spots, food, where to skate, etc...? Plenty of tips have been thrown out in old threads but if you've got some new advice lay it on me.

one-off

• Rep: 1
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2018, 12:45:04 PM »
I went through Shanghai a few months ago, passing on some notes, haven't checked for overlap with other threads!

Century Square near the Science Museum has mellow banks and hips, somewhat busted wooden box, friendly locals (LP was great but went there early and never met anyone there).  The mall below Century Square has a flood of fake Supreme, Palace, Thrasher, even a bit of Balanciaga.  The Science Museum itself has a longish hubba, the one Jerry Hsu switch frontside 5-0-ed in Stay Gold.

If you head from Century Square on Century Avenue towards the Century Avenue metro stop, you'll find endless perfect flat ground, short metal benches, and various spots scattered on the sides (the biggish bank on the left side is fun).   

There are some decent ledges near Longhua Middle Road metro, you can take Dong'An Road to the river where there are more ledges and banks when you get to the river.  Proceed left along the river in a massive converted dockland park with various ledges and stairs here and there, also a weird old concrete parks with mellow and harsh banks.  A nice scenic skate if you're into that sort of thing.

I found this spot map a bit outdated but still useful: https://shanghaispots.com/spotmap/#

Here's a list of craft beer places I liked, warning not cheap!

1 - Jackie's Beernest - http://www.smartshanghai.com/venue/5881/Jackies_Beer_Nest -

2 - Liquid Laundry - http://www.theliquidlaundry.com/ -

3 - The Beer Lady -24 hour gigantic bottle shops

4 - Hitachino Mansion - http://hitachino.cc/en/visit/hitachinomansion/nestbeer.html

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2018, 11:22:28 AM »

I'll be in Chengdu all of July and most likely visiting Shanghai after for a bit in early August. Anybody around? Recommended beer spots, food, where to skate, etc...? Plenty of tips have been thrown out in old threads but if you've got some new advice lay it on me.

im in the south but check out the instagram @chengududes - try to link with em

[

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 21
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2018, 08:44:43 PM »

im in the south but check out the instagram @chengududes - try to link with em

Ha, yeah, Johnny Tang told me to add Mike on FB if you know either of them. I messaged dude but he hasn't hit me back yet. Maybe I'll try DM'ing them on Instagram. It looks like a new park just got built in the center of Chengdu so I'm hyped. Legit looks like the best park I'll have skated between Vienna and Chengdu haha.