Author Topic: ZIGRAM23 Firing Line  (Read 4181 times)

cuntzilla

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -63
Re: ZIGRAM23 Firing Line
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2014, 05:59:35 PM »
SOTY contender? I think his parts gonna be fucked up good and with James James VX/editing the whole thrasher crowd will probably get around it.
I don't rollerblade, I play ROLLER HOCKEY! I've been kicking haters like you to the curb forever

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2014, 07:23:15 PM »
That slid turnaround was perfect, my fave way to see them/ do them, so fast, that was mindblowing

McGooch

« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2014, 11:46:49 PM »
Expand Quote
VX o'neil pretty much solidifies an SD victory in the ongoing SD vs HD debate.
[close]

Yeah, those blobs of pixels bouncing off each other on a roll of magnetic tape captured by a 15 year old camera are really beautiful and worth clinging to.  HD looks awesome as long as it's not used in a "Wow look at this we're filming in HD" manner as it has been in those wretched berrics RED videos.

The best option for a hd camera is a canon rebel for the average skate filmer. Vx is way better than the t3i, and i've had both. The dslr on a cam caddie with an external mic and the top is the ugliest thing in today's skateboarding. The shadow of that in your footage ruins it. Sound still doesn't match vx, even with external. Hd is just too clear. It prob sounds crazy to some of you but i don't need to see every detail of everything in the frame, it takes away from the trick and the skater.

Palace does it right. Watching new footage filmed on vhs just gives me a feeling like yeah, this is why i fell in love with skateboarding. For some reason spots look way more fun to skate in sd.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 719
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2014, 12:10:25 AM »
^That is some of the most regular shit I've ever read. Fucking camera shadow? Too fucking clear? Are you fucking fucking me? The only reason anyone like SD is because that's what they're used to. I don't want to see slow panning shots in HD just because they can either, but goddamn HD hate is ridiculous. That's technique, not video quality. Film the skating in the clearest and most representative of the reality of skateboarding as possible. That means HD.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2014, 12:27:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
VX o'neil pretty much solidifies an SD victory in the ongoing SD vs HD debate.
[close]

Yeah, those blobs of pixels bouncing off each other on a roll of magnetic tape captured by a 15 year old camera are really beautiful and worth clinging to.  HD looks awesome as long as it's not used in a "Wow look at this we're filming in HD" manner as it has been in those wretched berrics RED videos.
[close]

The best option for a hd camera is a canon rebel for the average skate filmer. Vx is way better than the t3i, and i've had both. The dslr on a cam caddie with an external mic and the top is the ugliest thing in today's skateboarding. The shadow of that in your footage ruins it. Sound still doesn't match vx, even with external. Hd is just too clear. It prob sounds crazy to some of you but i don't need to see every detail of everything in the frame, it takes away from the trick and the skater.

Palace does it right. Watching new footage filmed on vhs just gives me a feeling like yeah, this is why i fell in love with skateboarding. For some reason spots look way more fun to skate in sd.

http://forums.skateperception.com
^go there
ableSkateMag.com

Hypnotoad

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2014, 12:30:07 AM »
^That is some of the most regular shit I've ever read. Fucking camera shadow? Too fucking clear? Are you fucking fucking me? The only reason anyone like SD is because that's what they're used to. I don't want to see slow panning shots in HD just because they can either, but goddamn HD hate is ridiculous. That's technique, not video quality. Film the skating in the clearest and most representative of the reality of skateboarding as possible. That means HD.
Thank you

kools

• Rep: -45
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2014, 01:02:38 AM »
amazing.

who else got dylan's huf shoe advert at the start?
my god was that a switch backside flip over that bank rail - incredible

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2014, 06:51:04 AM »

bingo. though, i might add that the rectangular 16:9 aspect ratio is kind of shitty for skating. the square-ish 4:3 of sd is much better, as it fits well with the round .3 death lens. i wish they would just make an hd vx1000. oh, the sacrilege!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 12:47:21 PM by Iceman »

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2014, 07:12:15 AM »
Vx are getting older and give problem all the time. That is, you go to a session and have to change camera because a given problem, not to mention the impracticality of having to rewind tapes and find correct answers. But I still prefer the image of vx.

Facehead

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -95
« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2014, 07:46:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I remember an Oyola interview where he sounded like he gets really annoyed when someone just turns around instead of doing a 180 trick.
[close]
Yeah, its kind of a classic skateboarding aesthetic thing- no turn arounds, no slowing yourself down (unless its a downhill powerslide)...there are a bunch. Not necessarily rules per se, but kind of aesthetic guidelines that most people follow.
[close]

i hear what you're saying Gip, and i agree, but in this case it was kind of nice to a guy who can do whatever he wants show some restraint

I agree. If the rest of the tricks were meh, then it would look bad. But in the mix of all that good stuff, it was somehow refreshing.

BarcelonaCEO

• Rep: -24
« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2014, 07:58:09 AM »
wow so excited for a new part

wuust

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2014, 09:35:05 AM »
this + that croco done deal shit he did makes up for one hell of a soty contender.
if he wins, nike is going for an all soty line up.