Author Topic: Skatin' and workin'  (Read 28969 times)

formeitscrazylike

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
Re: Skatin' and workin'
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2014, 05:21:21 PM »
Whoa sunrise huh? That's impressive. I try for 7:30 or 8 most Sundays. I'm usually the only one there.

Where abouts?

And Schimatic, by window I mean the chance to progress. Sure, I'll be skating til the wheels fall off (literally and figuratively) but I've most definitely peaked/plateaued. I'm scrambling to maintain my repertoire instead of pushing the boundaries. That was a sobering realization. Will skating always be fun? Of course it will. But will I ever learn regular fs heels? Doesn't look like it  :P

Young Satchel

• Rep: 19
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2014, 06:48:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Whoa sunrise huh? That's impressive. I try for 7:30 or 8 most Sundays. I'm usually the only one there.
[close]

Where abouts?

And Schimatic, by window I mean the chance to progress. Sure, I'll be skating til the wheels fall off (literally and figuratively) but I've most definitely peaked/plateaued. I'm scrambling to maintain my repertoire instead of pushing the boundaries. That was a sobering realization. Will skating always be fun? Of course it will. But will I ever learn regular fs heels? Doesn't look like it  :P

I'm a couple hours north of NYC on the Amtrak in a city called Hudson. Half antiques stores half hood. I been skating saugerties or Chatham lately. The first is 20 minutes south, the second is 20 minutes north.

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2014, 11:51:08 AM »
I started to work with people with disabilities about 1 1/2 years ago. i only work around 32 hours a week, but work is split up through the day! i try to get 1 or 2 sessions in per week going at least for a couple of hours. it?s weird kinda, when i think back a couple years- back when i went to school or didn't have a job i would skate everyday. the positive thing now is, that when i finally have time to go skate i enjoy it more than ever and nearly never stress or freak out. i even still learn tricks- nothing special but still things i wanted to learn for years. it's great, and it's not a terrible thing working a job!

Prince Nelson

« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2014, 12:36:50 PM »
I work 8 to 5, monday to friday. I wake up at 4:30 every morning to be at the skatepark by my house by 5:30-5:45 and skate for an hour or so. I like skating in the dark, it's a challenge. But I skate for a few hours on saturday and sunday. so collectively, 10-12 hours. But I will be out more now that the weather is getting better. Arizona summers are dreadful in the afternoon.