Author Topic: NHS boards, whut u think?  (Read 1841 times)

perverted super otaku!

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
NHS boards, whut u think?
« on: July 05, 2014, 07:23:02 AM »
 ???

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
Re: NHS boards, whut u think?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 08:29:31 AM »
Shitty shapes

myles.

• Rep: 4
    • mylessk8s avatar image
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 08:50:38 AM »
I used to skate Creature decks alot, 4-5 years ago, and I liked their shapes back then. They had a fatter nose and narrower tail with a little more concave. They also seemed like better boards back then because the most recent nhs deck I bought was a piece of dog shit

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 08:51:06 AM »
Too squarish shapes for me. Thought I could get used to it but I couldn't.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2014, 09:06:09 AM »
soo garb?

dillanharp

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2014, 09:15:21 AM »
I like them. Not a fan of dipped boards, but whatever it's just aesthetic.

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2014, 06:39:32 PM »
I skated a Santa Cruz recently, the shape wasn't too bad but the nose had way to much concave. Constant air popping nollie stuff, I love pretty flat boards.  Then it practically shattered after maybe 2 weeks, and i usually don't break boards. I'm felt like i skated way better once i got rid of that board.

Schismatic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 4
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2014, 11:15:40 PM »
A lot of NHS boards have small tails, under 6.5, even on wider decks. When I find one with a decent tail though I don't hesitate to buy it. Last I had was the Creature CSFU 8.6" and I love the shape, it's still my go-to backup board. On that note, I like that NHS makes 8.6 widths and wish more companies would.

Bottom line: For China made boards they've been pretty damned good to me. None of mine have chipped or broken, and they're stiff and solid feeling.

The one issue I had was that I ended up with a Creature that was very slightly warped one time. Seemed like the board was on the shop shelf for a long time and I didn't notice until I started skating it. Rather than bother the shop I hit up NHS and they didn't hesitate to replace it and they were super cool throughout the process.

The only reason I would pass on a NHS deck is if I was having trouble choosing between 2 boards, if one of them was US pressed I'd use that as the deciding factor.

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2014, 12:30:06 PM »
Im skating an 8,5 P2 Flip board. The shape is pretty funky, really flat and from the top it almost looks like a coffin. And the wood, if it was not a P2, it would probably already feel like shit, but the Carbon Fibre keeps it together. Overall, stay away from Flip.

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2014, 12:33:51 PM »
The one issue I had was that I ended up with a Creature that was very slightly warped one time. Seemed like the board was on the shop shelf for a long time and I didn't notice until I started skating it. Rather than bother the shop I hit up NHS and they didn't hesitate to replace it and they were super cool throughout the process.

Not a fan of NHS boards, but this is killer customer service. That is really cool to hear. Most board companies wouldn't even consider replacing a warp. There is nothing more frustrating than getting home from the shop (or opening a mail order box) to find a warped board.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2014, 12:39:00 PM »
Isnt making good boards the ultimate customer service though... Glad i steered clear and went for something else

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2014, 12:54:52 PM »
Isnt making good boards the ultimate customer service though.

That it is. Although a warp can and does happen to every brand.

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65505
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2014, 12:43:18 AM »
I had a P2 Penny a few months back and hated it. The tail was way too mellow (and I like pretty mellow kicks).

I have been tempted to buy this for the graphic:

Santa Cruz has been putting out some good ones of late.

This is a re-working of an old 80's graphic, isn't it?
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

SkateViolence

• Rep: 9
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2014, 05:29:45 AM »
My girlfriend bought me a Creature for Christmas and it was my first NHS deck in 2+ years. It was a bit flexy and dented like most china wood does, but it felt great and lasted me longer than just about any other deck I've had recently.