Author Topic: Welcome united  (Read 19243 times)

ornithophobe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -1
Re: Welcome united
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2014, 12:40:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
How dare they disrespect the Dew AND the Berrics. I still don't give a shit about this company. Dude acts like he invented the shaped board.
[close]

Really show me one interview or quote where he says that! He redefined shaped boards for modern skating, you can't argue that (but I am sure you will try).
[close]
You should maybe stop gobbling his cock so damn much, you might not be able to call yourself vegan anymore.  There's some shitty instagram comments he left someone who shaped a few boards of his own from a year or two ago, something like "these look familiar" with some other shit. I'm not digging it up, but the screen shots have been posted on Slap. That's all I got, you fucking kook.
[close]

You should probably relax, if you get this uppity about skateboarding you got issues.
[close]
Uppity? I just don't give a shit and don't buy in to their schtick. That seems to be the opposite of uppity.

You watched the video, you came here and found the thread, you started talking shit, and then checked back in to follow up with more shit talking... you sure have spent a lot of time trying to prove that you "don't give a shit".

Rockin Robbin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 416
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2014, 12:41:15 PM »
That was fucking radical! Are there no black people in Arizona?  ???
"Bake me a pie of love" - Steve Winwood

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2014, 12:45:36 PM »
They're not all from Arizona.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Jim and Dan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 464
  • Pure East
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2014, 12:47:32 PM »
That was fucking radical! Are there no black people in Arizona?  ???

Bwahaha, doesn't Will E. live in Arizona?

Epic stoke radiating throughout this one...

It was 85 degrees today & I had to do an afternoon skate after that.

Nolan Johnson is so raw & it's good to see some new stuff from Ryan Lay.
Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

Ross Norman - Last of the Mohicans

poopnutsupreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 491
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2014, 12:56:23 PM »
I feel like I could say the word boner around these guys and everyone would laugh......I like that.
Any dude that hates on roller hockey hasn't played, and likely haven't played a sport in their entire life.

30 Helens Agree:

• Rep: 4
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2014, 01:07:41 PM »
Where's Erick?

Jim and Dan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 464
  • Pure East
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2014, 01:08:04 PM »
nora vasconcellos ridin skatebort

Nora Vasconcellos fucking rips too by the way . . .
Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

Ross Norman - Last of the Mohicans

duce duce

• Rep: -7
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2014, 01:26:11 PM »
Where's Erick?
just wondering the same thing. he's not on the website any more. Mark mcCoy (or marky number) said on tumblr that he rides for Pat Scroat Skateboards, but I don't know if that is a thing or not..
@L33Tg33k arn't you homies with erick??

dillanharp

« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2014, 01:36:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
How dare they disrespect the Dew AND the Berrics. I still don't give a shit about this company. Dude acts like he invented the shaped board.
[close]

Really show me one interview or quote where he says that! He redefined shaped boards for modern skating, you can't argue that (but I am sure you will try).
[close]
You should maybe stop gobbling his cock so damn much, you might not be able to call yourself vegan anymore.� There's some shitty instagram comments he left someone who shaped a few boards of his own from a year or two ago, something like "these look familiar" with some other shit. I'm not digging it up, but the screen shots have been posted on Slap. That's all I got, you fucking kook.
[close]
That's all you got and you call someone else a kook? Nowhere did he say that he invented shaped boards. For the other guy to even get mad about someone using "similar shapes" is fucking insane. To call someone out for copying implies that the claimant is somehow the originator. I'll tell you a secret: That dude didn't event boards with arbitrary shapes either. Similarities in shapes from different sources is inevitable. Nobody talked shit when everyone started using popsicle boards.
That's EXACTLY what Jason, or whoever runs their instagram did.

dougDfresh

• Rep: -25
  • "...we are the dreamers of the dream."
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2014, 01:49:58 PM »
Glad Welcome could afford to advertise on the BerraErics.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2014, 01:56:04 PM »
I say this with a heavy heart. Erick "Bulldog Dumbass" Winkowski is no longer with Welcum Skateboards. Marky "Lil' Finder" Numbers-McCoy is still on. That's right, childhood friends Erick and Mark have now been slit up by the no bullshit cutthroat skateboard industry. Meanwhile Erick has left his hometown of San Diego to live in Seattle. He's got a job and gets a decent amount of poon, but no sponsor. He doesn't care about that shit. Also he learned some more tranny spinny grabby stally invert tricks. His father is disappointed.

This picture helps me remember better times.

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2014, 02:02:13 PM »

He redefined shaped boards for modern skating, you can't argue that (but I am sure you will try).

thats the zip zinger man. thats what really turned people on to cruiser boards and naturally people started to skate them as their main boards. welcome got hyped on that and made that their main gimmick way after. they're not the people to credit with that.

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2014, 02:28:31 PM »
Expand Quote

He redefined shaped boards for modern skating, you can't argue that (but I am sure you will try).
[close]

thats the zip zinger man. thats what really turned people on to cruiser boards and naturally people started to skate them as their main boards. welcome got hyped on that and made that their main gimmick way after. they're not the people to credit with that.

Zip Zingers where always meant for cruising and if you want to get technical Beer Run (original, not the kookie company) was doing that first, Welcome is the first company since the early 90's to make shaped boards for their entire catalog on a large scale (Cold War out of Portland was doing it in the early 2000's but are a small company most people don't know about).  Welcome wanted people to skate and not just use as cruisers.   Also Black Label, Scum and 151 also deserve credit for always making shaped boards.
Really though it doesn't matter, Welcome is rad not sure why all the hate!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 02:32:13 PM by vegan*shawn »

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2014, 02:29:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
You should maybe stop gobbling his cock so damn much, you might not be able to call yourself vegan anymore.  There's some shitty instagram comments he left someone who shaped a few boards of his own from a year or two ago, something like "these look familiar" with some other shit. I'm not digging it up, but the screen shots have been posted on Slap. That's all I got, you fucking kook.

Damn this is one of the dumbest replies in the history of Slap's forum. Congrats....

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2014, 02:52:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Zip Zingers where always meant for cruising and if you want to get technical Beer Run (original, not the kookie company) was doing that first, Welcome is the first company since the early 90's to make shaped boards for their entire catalog on a large scale (Cold War out of Portland was doing it in the early 2000's but are a small company most people don't know about).  Welcome wanted people to skate and not just use as cruisers.   Also Black Label, Scum and 151 also deserve credit for always making shaped boards.
Really though it doesn't matter, Welcome is rad not sure why all the hate!

welcome didn't redefine shaped boards for skating, the skateboarding community did. it doesn't matter if they were MEANT for cruising, people decided they wanted to ride them as legit boards so they're legit boards. its been going on for years. welcome got hyped on that and made it their slogan. its cool they're trying to make a big deal out of it but they aren't the first and they didnt redefine anything. its a fun company though.

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • the moon rules
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2014, 03:12:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
You should maybe stop gobbling his cock so damn much, you might not be able to call yourself vegan anymore.� There's some shitty instagram comments he left someone who shaped a few boards of his own from a year or two ago, something like "these look familiar" with some other shit. I'm not digging it up, but the screen shots have been posted on Slap. That's all I got, you fucking kook.
[close]
That's all you got and you call someone else a kook? Nowhere did he say that he invented shaped boards. For the other guy to even get mad about someone using "similar shapes" is fucking insane. To call someone out for copying implies that the claimant is somehow the originator. I'll tell you a secret: That dude didn't event boards with arbitrary shapes either. Similarities in shapes from different sources is inevitable. Nobody talked shit when everyone started using popsicle boards.
rocco stole/bribed someone for the mold for the first double kick. it was one of the downfalls of vision. i'm sure they were pissed. i don't think welcome is pissed so much about similar shapes as much as they are pissed about someone making an exact copy fof the shape. it takes time to make a functional shape board, and time is money. being as small as they are i'm sure they're upset about losing something they invested their all into

anyways i wish nora had more footage. she's good. i wish eric winkowski didn't leave. does anyone know why he left?
the skating was sick. that layback back disaster on the makeshift extension was insane
fuck you bama

foureyedjim

« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2014, 03:24:19 PM »

i don't think welcome is pissed so much about similar shapes as much as they are pissed about someone making an exact copy of the shape. it takes time to make a functional shape board, and time is money. being as small as they are i'm sure they're upset about losing something they invested their all into

that's kinda how I saw it too, although I can't really remember if the shape in question was really all that groundbreaking
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 04:48:38 PM by foureyedjim »

duce duce

• Rep: -7
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2014, 04:36:55 PM »
I say this with a heavy heart. Erick "Bulldog Dumbass" Winkowski is no longer with Welcum Skateboards. Marky "Lil' Finder" Numbers-McCoy is still on. That's right, childhood friends Erick and Mark have now been slit up by the no bullshit cutthroat skateboard industry. Meanwhile Erick has left his hometown of San Diego to live in Seattle. He's got a job and gets a decent amount of poon, but no sponsor. He doesn't care about that shit. Also he learned some more tranny spinny grabby stally invert tricks. His father is disappointed.

wow. Hoping the best for the guy. And I hopes I may see him skating here in washington!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 04:39:28 PM by duce duce »

skinnypimp211

• Rep: -34
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2014, 04:46:08 PM »

fatuglyjohnjohn

• Rep: -1
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2014, 04:56:03 PM »

dang thats a total bummer. erick fit welcome too perfectly. was it his choice to leave or did some shit come up or what? this is actually pretty upsetting hahaha.

McDuff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2014, 05:19:38 PM »
next board might have to be a welcome.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2014, 05:29:56 PM »
There was an argument, things were said, company and rider split. I don't know who started it, but bear in mind Erick's nickname is Dumbass and Welcome's owner is pretty sensitive. Erick probably said some bullshit that no one else would say and the owner probably got mad at something no one else would be mad about.

nowell

• Rep: -153
« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2014, 05:38:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

You use some real impressive words mr geek. Honest question now, how much time do you spend on your replies? i'm not taking a stab at you, just interested haha

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2014, 05:47:10 PM »
Uhh, not very much. I type the way I speak.

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2014, 06:02:35 PM »
nora vasconcellos ridin skatebort

Nora Vasconcellos fucking rips too by the way . . .

she's pretty rad.  saw her at a park in LA once with some of the other female rippers
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

pinche gringo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2014, 06:58:58 PM »
I was really stoked to see this video, but not so much the shit show thread which I assumed would ensue. I really liked the video. The thread was pretty much what I expected too. Good job everyone, especially you Nallid, you're exceptionally open minded and go out of your way to prove it.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #56 on: July 12, 2014, 07:06:47 PM »
I thought I was delightful.

pinche gringo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
« Reply #57 on: July 12, 2014, 07:11:10 PM »
^ You are.

In other cases the negativity monster is strong. I let it get me sometimes too. Whatever.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 07:15:07 PM by pinche gringo »

BraveUlysses

« Reply #58 on: July 12, 2014, 07:20:24 PM »
Every trick in that seemed scary, hard as fuck, or both. Welcome needs to put on Hayden Burns on tho asap.

Fenzadill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • lemme get the 4 dollar one
« Reply #59 on: July 12, 2014, 07:30:15 PM »
You use some real impressive words mr geek. Honest question now, how much time do you spend on your replies? i'm not taking a stab at you, just interested haha

Are you referring to 'claimant', 'arbitrary', or 'Popsicle'?
example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok