Author Topic: CARS THREAD  (Read 29024 times)

shit_for_brains

Re: CARS THREAD
« Reply #90 on: July 29, 2014, 03:07:14 PM »
After the mr2 burned i got this sweet 97' A8
turbo diesel v6 engine, this car is so damn comfy

And you can make a phone call from right there in the car.

Manolo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467
« Reply #91 on: July 29, 2014, 04:52:27 PM »
Yeah you just need to put a sim in there

pancake man

• Rep: 34
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #92 on: July 29, 2014, 05:16:07 PM »
Left and up for reverse or down and right? My buddy's roommate had the dopest Audi S5, that exhaust note was killer. He sold the Audi for a Chevy Yukon...

Fuckshit.

« Reply #93 on: November 27, 2015, 05:51:18 PM »
Trying to revive this thread a bit because I know I'm not the only one thats into cars, I'm actually looking at buying my 7th car in about 3 years haha. Always swapping/selling and can't find the right one! ATM i'm looking at buying an Evo 7/8 anyone have much experience with them? Will be my daily car.

Frosty178

• Rep: 6
« Reply #94 on: November 30, 2015, 03:24:49 PM »
Trying to revive this thread a bit because I know I'm not the only one thats into cars, I'm actually looking at buying my 7th car in about 3 years haha. Always swapping/selling and can't find the right one! ATM i'm looking at buying an Evo 7/8 anyone have much experience with them? Will be my daily car.

Got deep pockets? I'd love an evo, but I don't have 10k+ spare. Also, my area is full of fucking speedbumps, they would wreck it.

I've got a mk1 and a mk2 ford fiesta. Mk1 is in pieces coz it's rusty. The mk2 has a 2.0 zetec in it. Needs a few things replacing now though.

coneklr

« Reply #95 on: November 30, 2015, 06:57:28 PM »

Haha, you sound like a younger me.  I never owned an evo ( I was more of a subaru fan, 08 sti straight out of the showroom then got rid of it in a year haha ) but my friends who did were always dumping money into them ( same for any car in that market though ) and if you are getting a 7/8 I'd imagine it has been beat on pretty good by now.  Before you buy, have a separate shop look it over good would be my .02

Commercial D

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -670
« Reply #96 on: December 01, 2015, 10:29:29 PM »

2009 Saab 9-3 Aero XWD SportCombi.

2.8L turbo V6 280hp all-wheel drive with electronic limited slip differential

« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 10:49:32 PM by Commercial D »
Skate videos have been downhill ever since 411VM #20

Fuckshit.

« Reply #97 on: December 02, 2015, 01:13:13 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Got deep pockets? I'd love an evo, but I don't have 10k+ spare. Also, my area is full of fucking speedbumps, they would wreck it.

I've got a mk1 and a mk2 ford fiesta. Mk1 is in pieces coz it's rusty. The mk2 has a 2.0 zetec in it. Needs a few things replacing now though.

Wouldn't say deep pockets haha its hard to be when your into cars plus skating!

Fuckshit.

« Reply #98 on: December 02, 2015, 01:15:16 AM »

Haha, you sound like a younger me.  I never owned an evo ( I was more of a subaru fan, 08 sti straight out of the showroom then got rid of it in a year haha ) but my friends who did were always dumping money into them ( same for any car in that market though ) and if you are getting a 7/8 I'd imagine it has been beat on pretty good by now.  Before you buy, have a separate shop look it over good would be my .02
[/quote]

Im a mechanic by trade just finished my apprenticeship with Volkswagen! I also work with Subaru as the same company, STI's are sick we don't see to many modded ones come through the dealer though.

coneklr

« Reply #99 on: December 02, 2015, 09:29:37 AM »
Im a mechanic by trade just finished my apprenticeship with Volkswagen! I also work with Subaru as the same company, STI's are sick we don't see to many modded ones come through the dealer though.

That's perfect!  A lot of the time I was doing things to cars I was working in a garage and although the shit is still expensive it makes life so much easier.  Now I make websites and am on the verge of a family so I just have a couple cars that I've done very little to, but in the future I'll need a bigger car for the girls so I may take the GLK and slam it haha.  Anyway, if you are a mechanic you should have a ton of fun with an evo.  But if you're also working with Subaru, I'd consider looking at STI's too.  The interior of the Suby is what won me over when I was deciding between the two.  I just wasn't feeling the evo's at all.  But that's all personal pref.  Have fun man!

pinche gringo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
« Reply #100 on: December 02, 2015, 10:35:11 AM »
I inherited this from my pop when he passed last year. He had good taste.

coneklr

« Reply #101 on: December 02, 2015, 11:05:40 AM »
Damn!  Sorry for your loss pg  :(  Your pops definitely kept that thing in great shape!

pinche gringo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
« Reply #102 on: December 02, 2015, 12:44:32 PM »
Thanks coneklr.

Fuckshit.

« Reply #103 on: December 03, 2015, 12:35:53 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That's perfect!  A lot of the time I was doing things to cars I was working in a garage and although the shit is still expensive it makes life so much easier.  Now I make websites and am on the verge of a family so I just have a couple cars that I've done very little to, but in the future I'll need a bigger car for the girls so I may take the GLK and slam it haha.  Anyway, if you are a mechanic you should have a ton of fun with an evo.  But if you're also working with Subaru, I'd consider looking at STI's too.  The interior of the Suby is what won me over when I was deciding between the two.  I just wasn't feeling the evo's at all.  But that's all personal pref.  Have fun man!

Im also looking at s15s now haha. Can never make my mind up. The interior is definately better in the Subaru and apparently a lot more easy to live with on a daily basis.

Fuckshit.

« Reply #104 on: December 03, 2015, 12:36:50 AM »
I inherited this from my pop when he passed last year. He had good taste.

Damn man thats sick. Cant beat american muscle hey, never seen one of those in Aus before!

alishahessle

• Rep: -1
« Reply #105 on: June 21, 2018, 04:13:59 AM »
my favorite, that i mostly drive around the city, here it ,

Jeep Compass

ungzilla

« Reply #106 on: June 21, 2018, 07:10:34 AM »
please tell me more about jeep products, definite real person

bawtawdinfinity

« Reply #107 on: June 21, 2018, 12:29:20 PM »
Honda shitboxes. Crx, prelude, wagon, my first loves.

Then I liked luxury Nissans, q45, m30, 91-94 Sentra ser would be cool too.

Now I'm into any weird shit from 80s and 90s, always looking for a Suzuki samurai.

Basically immigrant shit. Hard to find but attainable. Not really fucking with old Toyotas unless its a odd model.

And theres always a itch to try some mullet muscle.

Not feeling new cars no matter how good they are, I respect em though, I need analog feel.

Minivans too, I'm into minivans.

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 372
« Reply #108 on: June 21, 2018, 12:45:34 PM »
Honda shitboxes. Crx, prelude, wagon, my first loves.

Then I liked luxury Nissans, q45, m30, 91-94 Sentra ser would be cool too.

Now I'm into any weird shit from 80s and 90s, always looking for a Suzuki samurai.

Basically immigrant shit. Hard to find but attainable. Not really fucking with old Toyotas unless its a odd model.

And theres always a itch to try some mullet muscle.

Not feeling new cars no matter how good they are, I respect em though, I need analog feel.

#NOTTHEREALBAWTAWDCONFIRMEDBECAUSETHEREALBAWTAWDLOVESDRUGSMORETHANCARS

CHOW

• Rep: -6
  • ice like winnipeg
« Reply #109 on: June 21, 2018, 12:49:03 PM »
I'm all about early 90s JDM minivans. Toyota MasterAces, Mitsu Delicas, shit like that. I'd consider one if I didn't need something a little more robust for my 60 mile round trip commute.

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
« Reply #110 on: June 21, 2018, 09:34:58 PM »
'77 Austin Mini, that doesn't get driven enough now that I have kids.

Forgive the license plate.  It was on there when I bought it and I have replaced it.

Before this I had quite a few BMW 2002s.  My nicest was a '71 with a sunroof, engine out of a rally car with a 300 degree cam and dual side-draft Webers.  I put a 5 speed in.

Before that, I had a '65 Chevy BelAir wagon with a 6 cylinder engine and a 2 speed automatic transmission.  Car wouldn't do over 65 without overheating.  I drove it from Maine to Oregon and overheated every 20 minutes going over Vail Pass at 35 mph.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 09:39:43 PM by backinaction »

bawtawdinfinity

« Reply #111 on: June 21, 2018, 11:10:10 PM »
Minis are sick, I never drove on though.

Expand Quote
[close]
I'm all about early 90s JDM minivans. Toyota MasterAces, Mitsu Delicas, shit like that. I'd consider one if I didn't need something a little more robust for my 60 mile round trip commute.
That's a pretty good robust to cool ratio, Id do it. I'd import a kei van first though, that's what I'm about.

jomeara1

« Reply #112 on: June 22, 2018, 05:27:29 AM »
1999 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

2009 Honda CRV

bawtawdinfinity

« Reply #113 on: July 03, 2018, 02:08:53 PM »
I would like to start out by saying lowered wrx's really grind my gears, I believe they should be lifted if anything. Also my neighbor sold this

And bought this

Good decision, the brown color is next level.

In closing, first gen miata is still the funniest car I've driven  ::)

pancake man

• Rep: 34
« Reply #114 on: July 03, 2018, 04:56:46 PM »
I've said it before and I'll say it again... I will own a BMW e28 M5 at some point in my life. I just need the bubble to burst and the prices to drop

bawtawdinfinity

« Reply #115 on: July 03, 2018, 05:33:35 PM »
Bubble will pop but they'll still be too expensive for what they are. 635csi is a lot cheaper and cooler imo.

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #116 on: July 04, 2018, 12:07:54 PM »
I've said it before and I'll say it again... I will own a BMW e28 M5 at some point in my life. I just need the bubble to burst and the prices to drop

I had an e39 540i msport for a while. It was one of the best cars I have ever owned, but i sold it because the gas consumption was pretty fucked. I still have regret from letting that one go. It was a fucking beast.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 12:23:45 PM by CRAILFISH TO REVERT »

Rockin Robbin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 423
« Reply #117 on: July 04, 2018, 12:40:36 PM »
I really want a used Cayman S but an older, out-of-warranty German sports car makes me nervous.

Maybe I'll just lease an M240i like every other dbag in my area.
"Bake me a pie of love" - Steve Winwood

bawtawdinfinity

« Reply #118 on: July 08, 2018, 05:20:37 PM »
Seen a x90 today, seen it last year too, some fat girl drives it. I want one.

Mouth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -297
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #119 on: July 10, 2018, 06:45:24 AM »
I'm 40. One day I hope to get a license and a car.
'No Mouth, you have a negative rep because you are a fan of growing your wealth off of the backs of low paid workers and brag about having bodyguards. You literally kook people for doing charity in South East Asia. Don't deny it.'