Author Topic: destiny / destiny beta  (Read 26010 times)

cops keep firing

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 63
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
destiny / destiny beta
« on: July 24, 2014, 09:29:07 AM »

did anyone play it? pretty solid first person shooter. halo x COD x borderlands.

the matching making for multiplayer/co-op is almost seamlessly integrated into the main game (less loading screens/waiting)

still running a ps3. considering a ps4 for this game though.
I mean, if the creator of the universe is truly concerned with where you put your penis, then surely he has an opinion on who had the best part in Fully Flared.

dillanharp

Re: destiny / destiny beta
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 10:06:54 AM »
I played the PS4 beta for about 20 minutes before turning it off. I'm going to get the game, I just don't want to play through stuff twice, and I like the surprise of new games, so I'll wait.

Early Hokus Pokus

• Rep: -59
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 11:45:19 AM »
Planning on getting the PS4 bundle for this. Is it worth it? I don't plan on buying anymore Xbox 360 games, but I still want to have something new to play.

@thewilleasley

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 12:18:43 PM »
It's gonna be blockbuster franchise no doubt. with all the FPS out there Bungie is still at the top of its class in good level design & enemy AI. well, some of the lower level enemies can be kinda stupid at times but the stronger ones use good tacts so I'm pretty sure once you get a bit further in the campaign shit gets crazy. The beta's great for a beta, haven't encountered any big bugs yet and I've played the beta AND the Alpha from couple months ago. if you haven't gotten a next-gen console yet because you're on the fence & want this game, you might as well just start saving up now to get one. if you like the game you'll probably wanna play it at its best. ps3 & 360 look decent but theres only so many corners you can cut when tryna port a next-gen game on an older console. current gen maybe has 1 more really good year left, but once 2015 comes around and all the really big games start to come out & developers get used to the ps4/Xbox1 tech, its a wrap.

Guile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2014, 11:00:02 PM »
This games so fucking fun, glad I grabbed last of us ps4 to fill the void until destiny drops
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2014, 11:24:02 AM »
The beta is now open for those of you with Xbox Live Gold.

spungo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 137
  • Lord Ganesha
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2014, 09:01:36 AM »
Just more fodder until The Witcher 3 and the Division come out.
do more yoga!

dillanharp

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2014, 11:04:36 AM »
Picked up my copy for PS4 (add me, radgnar510), I'll be on tonight after the kid goes to sleep, 10ish.

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2014, 02:14:50 PM »
Not into first person shooters but my brother picked up a copy and I can hear him playing it

This game's got one of the nicest soundtracks I've ever heard.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2014, 08:02:59 AM »
I'm not into FPSs either but all the hype has got me sipping the kool-aid.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2014, 09:13:34 AM »
playing on PS3,

dont lump this game in the FPS catagory, closer to an RPG than borderlands.   Im a hunter, roomate is warlock.  both of us are loving it.  boss fights get really intense
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

dillanharp

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2014, 10:07:02 AM »
I'm also playing a hunter, but the boss fights seem dumb as hell (granted i'm only level 4) I've just been standing in a different room and shooting them in the face with a sniper rifle until dead...

@thewilleasley

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2014, 11:53:12 AM »
Yeah shit'll start to pick up for you Ina few levels nallid. Made it to 12 last night & today I'm straight nerding out & gonna try to get up to 20. The only FPS I ever really got into was halo 2 & borderlands (fallout is an all time fave but that's more RPG) and bungie definitely has me catching that same halo fever I did way back in middle school with the first 2 halos. I rarely play competitive multiple with shooters but I'm on this shit! Playing as a Titan is so fun i tried out the warlock & hunter class during the alpha & beta but I just love running through areas and smacking the shit out of everyone as I pound em with a machine gun. Character AI & level design is often overlooked in FPS but bungie knows what they're doing. If anyone's down to play sometime add me on ps4: youngwilliam309

I think what has me most hyped about this game is that I now have something for my ps4 that'll actually last me more than a week

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2014, 08:42:37 AM »
get a revolver and your throwing knife and  it really changes the way the class is played

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 938
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2014, 11:17:50 AM »
get a revolver and your throwing knife and  it really changes the way the class is played

Hand Cannons (practice for Golden Gun usage), sniper rifles, rocket launchers, grenades and throwing knives!

My favorite combo is knife/shot (they stagger)melee. Very effective at close range.

Early Hokus Pokus

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2014, 12:41:27 PM »
Level 18 Warlock here. I was skeptical about picking up the PS4 bundle, but this game is so addicting. I haven't had this much fun since like Halo 2.

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2014, 09:02:21 AM »
was gonna pick this up along with a ps4, but now i'm not sure. the reviews are pretty harsh.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2014, 09:14:02 AM »
Picked it up for the Xbox One. Just got to Venus and reached level 10 as a Warlock. So far I'm really enjoying this.

dillanharp

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2014, 10:14:42 AM »
was gonna pick this up along with a ps4, but now i'm not sure. the reviews are pretty harsh.
Meh, video game critics are the worst people anyway. I like it, it's worth the $60. 

@thewilleasley

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2014, 10:19:10 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Meh, video game critics are the worst people anyway. I like it, it's worth the $60. 

Haven't read any reviews but I'd say the only real weak point about this game is the story. The story missions themselves are fun but the whole lore & universe is fairly cliche. It's all very mass effect-y & doesn't really have it's own identity. That being said, the gameplay is top-notch and super addictive. I don't even play FPS like that at all but I've been shooting down waves of aliens and playing competive multiplayer every day since launch. It's just damn good fun

dillanharp

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2014, 08:16:49 AM »
The story is pretty damn boring. I haven't been playing a ton, I just hit 10 last night and every story mission is essentially the same: Search for something, tell Peter Dinklage to open it, kill everything while he does that. The Patrol missions and the pvp is the saving grace for me. That and it's a gorgeous game.

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2014, 09:46:18 AM »
The story is pretty damn boring. I haven't been playing a ton, I just hit 10 last night and every story mission is essentially the same: Search for something, tell Peter Dinklage to open it, kill everything while he does that. The Patrol missions and the pvp is the saving grace for me. That and it's a gorgeous game.

I am hoping that once people get full faction rep and a few patches go by the quest lines will start to get a little more detailed and creative.  im a sandbox/RPG guy and exploring is my favorite things to do in games and thats how the game was sold to me so the best try to improve that aspect.

WoW was kind of like this early on but that game grew really quickly
have you done any strikes yet?  i figure it will be like an instance. 

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2014, 09:07:35 AM »
The game is somewhat repetitive, sure, but I'm getting pretty much exactly what I came for. I expected an FPS game with some RPG elements and that's pretty much what I've gotten. Since I only get to play it for small chunks at a time I'm really enjoying myself.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3289
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2014, 09:09:55 AM »
So bummed. When I saw this on the homepage I thought it was about a Destiny's Child reunion. :(

cops keep firing

• Rep: 63
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2014, 08:30:52 AM »
only complaint about this game is the lack of matchmaking for raids. find 5 people who can play at the same time as you? ain't nobody got time for that.
I mean, if the creator of the universe is truly concerned with where you put your penis, then surely he has an opinion on who had the best part in Fully Flared.

@thewilleasley

« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2014, 01:41:46 PM »
only complaint about this game is the lack of matchmaking for raids. find 5 people who can play at the same time as you? ain't nobody got time for that.

what kills me is how they don't automatically match you up with 2 other players for the weekly strikes the same way they do all the other ones. Its not even that they're overly difficult but its just too many enemies for one player to take on by themselves & if you don't already have a fire team going, those shits aint getting done. I thought id be all about the co-op play and barely mess with PvP but I've actually gotten quite beasty in the crucible (i pretty much never play online FPS) and I do vanguard strikes here & there but the lack of online friends prevents me from going in the way i want to on those.  Anybody on ps4 over lvl 20 tryna do the weekly strike missions just add me: youngwilliam309

also anybody else got any legendary or exotic gear yet? I got enough crucible marks for some dope armor pieces but i still need up my crucible rank by a full level to even have access to em. I thought it was kind of funny how some people online are bitching about the rarity of good loot drops. like these niggas are genuinely mad they just can't unlock all the best gear within 1 week of launch, especially in an MMO-type game. I feel like if you're playing what you like to play and have fun, the loot just comes to you. fuck all that farming shit, I just get it in at the crucible or do a couple strike playlist missions. all my best gear has been from end-game loot drops after PvP matches. i was saving up strange coins for the Red Death exotic weapon but I'm only at 5 of 23 lol. again, if I had someone to play those weekly strikes with, I could get 3 coins per.

noileum

• Rep: 29
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2014, 02:23:26 AM »
only a measly level 11 at the moment but given how much time I get to play I think it plays ok.

Sure the story is total balls, and the missions are repetetive but grinding is something I've been used to in games, and the mechanics of the shooting etc is pretty damn tight (imho)

Looking forward to getting to 20 so I don't get auto-twatted in the crucible as every time I've stepped foot in there I've been totally spanked

Mouth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -297
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2014, 02:45:23 AM »
3/5

Bought a PS4 to play this bullshit.

The gameplay is great, but that's about it.

No story. Boring, generic environments. Little variety. Weak item system.

I'm at a loss. How the hell did they spend 500m on it?
'No Mouth, you have a negative rep because you are a fan of growing your wealth off of the backs of low paid workers and brag about having bodyguards. You literally kook people for doing charity in South East Asia. Don't deny it.'

Early Hokus Pokus

« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2014, 07:26:59 AM »
3/5

Bought a PS4 to play this bullshit.

The gameplay is great, but that's about it.

No story. Boring, generic environments. Little variety. Weak item system.

I'm at a loss. How the hell did they spend 500m on it?

Pretty much this, but I have fun with the crucible so it's not so bad. Can't believe Bungie have been wanting to make something like this since Halo days. Halo's story was deep and rich, I'm tired of deploying Dinkle to do his computer thing while I kill waves of enemies. Feels like Halo Reach's firefight mode. I was planning on getting a PS4 anyways so that's a plus, can't wait for DriveClub and Fifa15.

dillanharp

« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2014, 02:02:19 PM »
Looking forward to getting to 20 so I don't get auto-twatted in the crucible as every time I've stepped foot in there I've been totally spanked

This... Holy shit. Blade dancers are insane when they get on a spree. Also I don't know if it's a grenade or a super, but some purple shit keeps killing everyone sitting on a flag.