Author Topic: antwuan is free!!!  (Read 73300 times)

el chino

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -375
  • ants suck!
Re: antwuan is free!!!
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2014, 01:57:34 AM »
antwuan is free ?
 so what was he before ? 2.99 ?
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>

pekkaaa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 234
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2014, 02:30:17 AM »
antwuan is free ?
 so what was he before ? 2.99 ?

No, he was in jail  :-*

jonnysheen

• Rep: -63
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2014, 03:47:18 AM »
William Hill have him at 5/2 he'll be back in jail by Christmas
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 03:50:52 AM by jonnysheen »

switchbs180

« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2014, 05:03:47 AM »
he's still young, got a bunch of good people around him and lives in a fuckin country where the sun will always shine.
give him a few moments to get his head in the right mindset and let him destroy everything in front of him.

btw. this made my day ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFK8Ec4_z4Y

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2014, 05:06:26 AM »
Yeah that's totally the first thing he should be doing when he gets out of jail ::)

poopnutsupreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 491
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2014, 05:18:20 AM »
Well I had a feeling it wouldn't take long before he blew it but I didn't think it would be that quick. Pretty sure he needs to stay completely sober in order to make any progress in life.
Any dude that hates on roller hockey hasn't played, and likely haven't played a sport in their entire life.

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 199
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2014, 05:36:33 AM »
Yeah that's totally the first thing he should be doing when he gets out of jail ::)
I would want a cold beer after getting out of jail. But I am about 1/64 as a partier as twuan-disel
Edit: slap needs an application. Fucking safari
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 06:12:46 AM by paraquat »

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2014, 06:23:00 AM »
whos making bets for how long before hes back in? i give him 6 weeks.

kamltoe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -443
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2014, 06:25:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
hopefully he finally had that moment of clarity and being around Jim, Reynolds and Shane Heyl may help. The guy has all the talent in the world so hopefully he can bounce back, but the odds are clearly against him.
[close]

shiiiiiiit, he's a black dude from LA with a family history of gang affiliation. the odds have been stacked against him for some time. i think he can do whatever he wants, but thats what it's gonna really come down to, what he really wants. I got no judgement on him till he shows the world where he's at now.

K
[close]

Dude has had sponsors since he was maybe 14 or 15 ?� Supra , Deathwish , Spitfire and Thunder and some other I bet .� Dude got free product and clothes . And Im sure if he asked nicely his sponsors would have helped him with moving to a diffrent city or country to stay out of problems and so on .

Im not going to say LA is the easiest place to grow up , but you have people from the poorest african countries and ex afghanistan fight / die for their right to go to school . Live every day of their life with bombs dropping next to them and landmines and still they want to live and go to school , get jobs and stay alive . Look at the gaza strip now , now that is a hard life

fuck of with that shit , if you really want out of a situation and change , you do it . Antwuan has had plenty of chances

[close]

when he was in new Orleans he was easily spending a $500- 600 a day on partying, he coulda very well moved his family where ever he wanted with that kinda money if he wouldve been responsible with it, but he made that choice to noe do things to make he and his familys life better.

the fact that you'd have to think about moving your entire family to another area at that age means that (ding!ding!) the odds are stacked against you. Add to that the typically territorial nature of gang affiliation (multi-generational) and it may not have been as easy an option as you make it sound. And more to the point, you're assuming that he never tried.

that said, I didn't say that he hasn't wasted many chances to better his situation, but if you argue with my first statement, you're a moron.

K

Quote from: The Gipper

Classic keyboard skate champion talk right there.

you need to stop thinking people do what you tell them bc they dont.

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1421
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2014, 06:37:59 AM »

I really hope he keeps his shit together and produces. But he did build a career from all the attention he got for his hardcore persona. I'm hoping his buddies can help him get back on his feet instead of milking the negative attention.

It's inevitable he'll be in a similar situation with someone making a racist comment. The question is whether or not fades will be dealt.

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2014, 07:07:04 AM »
I would hate for him to get caught up on a trespassing charge and go back in since skating spots is still illegal

Schismatic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 4
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2014, 07:46:35 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I really hope he keeps his shit together and produces. But he did build a career from all the attention he got for his hardcore persona. I'm hoping his buddies can help him get back on his feet instead of milking the negative attention.

It's inevitable he'll be in a similar situation with someone making a racist comment. The question is whether or not fades will be dealt.

You're right that his shenanigans helped launch his career, coupled with amazing talent, but a good recovery story could do just as much to keep him in the spotlight. Shit, most of my friends from early childhood got caught up in that life but are now re-born and trying to live decent lives; gunshot scars and missing eyes and all. It's possible, just gotta have the will. God knows he has the opportunities, the means, and the support to turn around. Even with a tatted up face and voice that sounds like people who've damaged their throat and larynx from too much freebasing.

With what he's done to himself skateboarding is about the only thing that'll offer him a chance for a new life if he's willing to take it.

As a side comment, am I the only person who finds it ironic that someone who spouts out "black power" shit would be quick call out other people's racism?

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2014, 07:47:31 AM »
it s already over folks...

They should make this a t shirt and label it " the countdown begins"

Durndle

• Rep: 7
  • Denton. Gateway to Durndle
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2014, 07:53:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
hopefully he finally had that moment of clarity and being around Jim, Reynolds and Shane Heyl may help. The guy has all the talent in the world so hopefully he can bounce back, but the odds are clearly against him.
[close]

shiiiiiiit, he's a black dude from LA with a family history of gang affiliation. the odds have been stacked against him for some time. i think he can do whatever he wants, but thats what it's gonna really come down to, what he really wants. I got no judgement on him till he shows the world where he's at now.

K
[close]

Dude has had sponsors since he was maybe 14 or 15 ?  Supra , Deathwish , Spitfire and Thunder and some other I bet .  Dude got free product and clothes . And Im sure if he asked nicely his sponsors would have helped him with moving to a diffrent city or country to stay out of problems and so on .

Im not going to say LA is the easiest place to grow up , but you have people from the poorest african countries and ex afghanistan fight / die for their right to go to school . Live every day of their life with bombs dropping next to them and landmines and still they want to live and go to school , get jobs and stay alive . Look at the gaza strip now , now that is a hard life

fuck of with that shit , if you really want out of a situation and change , you do it . Antwuan has had plenty of chances

yea but like culture and stuff

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2014, 08:02:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

You're right that his shenanigans helped launch his career, coupled with amazing talent, but a good recovery story could do just as much to keep him in the spotlight. Shit, most of my friends from early childhood got caught up in that life but are now re-born and trying to live decent lives; gunshot scars and missing eyes and all. It's possible, just gotta have the will. God knows he has the opportunities, the means, and the support to turn around. Even with a tatted up face and voice that sounds like people who've damaged their throat and larynx from too much freebasing.

With what he's done to himself skateboarding is about the only thing that'll offer him a chance for a new life if he's willing to take it.

As a side comment, am I the only person who finds it ironic that someone who spouts out "black power" shit would be quick call out other people's racism?

now youre just trying to stir the pot.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2014, 09:12:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

K
[close]

Dude has had sponsors since he was maybe 14 or 15 ?� Supra , Deathwish , Spitfire and Thunder and some other I bet .� Dude got free product and clothes . And Im sure if he asked nicely his sponsors would have helped him with moving to a diffrent city or country to stay out of problems and so on .

[close]

when he was in new Orleans he was easily spending a $500- 600 a day on partying, he coulda very well moved his family where ever he wanted with that kinda money if he wouldve been responsible with it, but he made that choice to noe do things to make he and his familys life better.
[close]

the fact that you'd have to think about moving your entire family to another area at that age means that (ding!ding!) the odds are stacked against you. Add to that the typically territorial nature of gang affiliation (multi-generational) and it may not have been as easy an option as you make it sound. And more to the point, you're assuming that he never tried.

that said, I didn't say that he hasn't wasted many chances to better his situation, but if you argue with my first statement, you're a moron.

K

You dont have any facts or proof that he has tried to move his family . And if he did it was a complete failure since his family prob lives where they always lived and Antwuan ended up in jail .

you dont need to move your entire family , plenty people move somewhere ells and either just stay in touch with the family and visit . And some just send money back home . Ive known plenty of immigrants who live somewhere good where they make money and stay out of problems / dont get killed .  They work hard and often go to school at the same time to send money home to their family and in some cases try to move their family over . And this is working shit jobs , not knowing the language and working really hard .

If some 18 year old can move half across the world , escaping war , no job , no future . Work 2 dishwashing jobs and go to school to learn the language , while being away from his family and sending money back home to make sure they are getting fed and trying to save up money to escape the country ,  A pro skater that gets pretty much everything for free and gets paid to go traveling and to be sponsored

he should be able to stay out of jail , no matter what gang his brother is in or where his family lives .  He didnt go to jail for being in a gun fight with gangs trying to attack his familys home ,  he went to jail for beating up some middle aged white dude infront of his kids

call me moron if u want

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3287
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2014, 09:23:19 AM »
I wish he'd make something of himself but doesn't look like he's surrounding himself by people who want to be a good influence on his life so he's fucked.

headtowall

• Rep: -13
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2014, 09:26:40 AM »
People always seem to forget that hes only 25 years old. The dude has time to turn things around. So many pros went through crazy shit.

Schismatic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 4
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2014, 09:45:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Not at all. I think it would be super rad to see Antwuan make a huge comeback. His skill and consistency can take him far. I would really enjoy seeing him throw a wrench into pop-culture skateboarding like Street League, dude has the ability to fuck shit up and make a lot of money, and it's tragic seeing an opportunity to improve your family's station in life just go to waste.

If you wanna get offended or kook me for making a *completely facetious* comment because it jokingly mentions hypocrisy from a supposedly controversial perspective then that's your deal man. I'll call out the same shit when I see WP cunts using someone's anti-white sentiment to justify their own bigotry against a whole group. One huge difference being that I don't really think Antwuan has hate in his heart. I never met him formally but in a lot of the 2010 PHX Am footage from his Epicly Later'd we were right there with that crew, a few inches out of camera view, and he was being super nice and cool with everyone around. Seems like a stand-up dude at the core, but who has serious demons that manifest themselves in self-destructive ways, perpetuated by a substance abuse problem. It's a genuinely sad thing to see and it's fucked how common it is. I'm sure most of us have first hand experience with this stuff, and for every one that gets past it another 10 are lost forever.

You're right though, bad joke, and I get how it wouldn't translate well through text, to a stranger. I'm still rooting for Antwuan and think it would inspire a lot of people to see him finally succeed.

olden intheway

« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2014, 10:01:59 AM »
Looks pretty clear that this story isn't going to have a happy ending.
Already making bad choices.

Kevin Malone

• Rep: -31
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2014, 10:02:08 AM »
Looks like he's so happy he's crying.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2014, 10:07:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Not at all. I think it would be super rad to see Antwuan make a huge comeback. His skill and consistency can take him far. I would really enjoy seeing him throw a wrench into pop-culture skateboarding like Street League, dude has the ability to fuck shit up and make a lot of money, and it's tragic seeing an opportunity to improve your family's station in life just go to waste.

If you wanna get offended or kook me for making a *completely facetious* comment because it jokingly mentions hypocrisy from a supposedly controversial perspective then that's your deal man. I'll call out the same shit when I see WP cunts using someone's anti-white sentiment to justify their own bigotry against a whole group. One huge difference being that I don't really think Antwuan has hate in his heart. I never met him formally but in a lot of the 2010 PHX Am footage from his Epicly Later'd we were right there with that crew, a few inches out of camera view, and he was being super nice and cool with everyone around. Seems like a stand-up dude at the core, but who has serious demons that manifest themselves in self-destructive ways, perpetuated by a substance abuse problem. It's a genuinely sad thing to see and it's fucked how common it is. I'm sure most of us have first hand experience with this stuff, and for every one that gets past it another 10 are lost forever.

You're right though, bad joke, and I get how it wouldn't translate well through text, to a stranger. I'm still rooting for Antwuan and think it would inspire a lot of people to see him finally succeed.

im just kidding man. you know how this website gets the second you throw race into the mix. thats all i was poking fun at.

Kevin Malone

« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2014, 10:14:24 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

BOWSER looking mo facka!!!

kamltoe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -443
« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2014, 10:15:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

K
[close]

[close]

[close]

K
[close]

You dont have any facts or proof that he has tried to move his family . And if he did it was a complete failure since his family prob lives where they always lived and Antwuan ended up in jail .

you dont need to move your entire family , plenty people move somewhere ells and either just stay in touch with the family and visit . And some just send money back home . Ive known plenty of immigrants who live somewhere good where they make money and stay out of problems / dont get killed .� They work hard and often go to school at the same time to send money home to their family and in some cases try to move their family over . And this is working shit jobs , not knowing the language and working really hard .

If some 18 year old can move half across the world , escaping war , no job , no future . Work 2 dishwashing jobs and go to school to learn the language , while being away from his family and sending money back home to make sure they are getting fed and trying to save up money to escape the country ,� A pro skater that gets pretty much everything for free and gets paid to go traveling and to be sponsored

he should be able to stay out of jail , no matter what gang his brother is in or where his family lives .� He didnt go to jail for being in a gun fight with gangs trying to attack his familys home ,� he went to jail for beating up some middle aged white dude infront of his kids

call me moron if u want

I understand all of the points you made, though i think you're trying to bias your argument using correlations that don't really exist. either way, that whole argument you just typed has nothing to do with my original point, so I guess I can't call you a moron. I'm not sure why you quoted my post only to address something totally irrelevant to my post. but hey...whatever floats man...

K

Quote from: The Gipper

Classic keyboard skate champion talk right there.

you need to stop thinking people do what you tell them bc they dont.

Kevin Malone

« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2014, 10:16:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

No he's not fuck boy. I totally agree with it. And if I agree with it, Well fuck everyone should. I'm am important. I smoked heroin with Tuwan 4 years ago.

macgruber

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • Just Tell Me What You Want Me To FUUUUUUCK
« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2014, 10:17:31 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

dude just got out of jail. let the man enjoy some beers with his friends for fucks sake.

Kevin Malone

« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2014, 10:18:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

K
[close]

Dude has had sponsors since he was maybe 14 or 15 ?? Supra , Deathwish , Spitfire and Thunder and some other I bet .? Dude got free product and clothes . And Im sure if he asked nicely his sponsors would have helped him with moving to a diffrent city or country to stay out of problems and so on .

[close]

[close]

K
[close]

you dont need to move your entire family , plenty people move somewhere ells and either just stay in touch with the family and visit . And some just send money back home . Ive known plenty of immigrants who live somewhere good where they make money and stay out of problems / dont get killed .?  They work hard and often go to school at the same time to send money home to their family and in some cases try to move their family over . And this is working shit jobs , not knowing the language and working really hard .

If some 18 year old can move half across the world , escaping war , no job , no future . Work 2 dishwashing jobs and go to school to learn the language , while being away from his family and sending money back home to make sure they are getting fed and trying to save up money to escape the country ,?  A pro skater that gets pretty much everything for free and gets paid to go traveling and to be sponsored

he should be able to stay out of jail , no matter what gang his brother is in or where his family lives .?  He didnt go to jail for being in a gun fight with gangs trying to attack his familys home ,?  he went to jail for beating up some middle aged white dude infront of his kids

call me moron if u want

Dude you watch way too many Vice documentary's...

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3287
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2014, 10:19:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

dude just got out of jail. let the man enjoy some beers with his friends for fucks sake.

Right? It's not like he just got out of being incarcerated for being a complete pile or something! Oh wait...

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2014, 10:20:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Right? It's not like he just got out of being incarcerated for attacking children while drunk or something! Oh wait...
Just so no one forgets.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Kevin Malone

« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2014, 10:27:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

You must be a normy. It doesn't work that way pal. There isn't any enjoying rather then drowning out heavy emotions and escaping reality. Sure in this photo he's probably enjoying himself. If he continues to drink which he probably will because I'm certain he is an alcoholic or has alcoholic tendencies... He'll shit the bed. If you've got sober time in jail and get out and have a beer or drink. It's most likely not gonna stop there.