Author Topic: antwuan is free!!!  (Read 73301 times)

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: antwuan is free!!!
« Reply #90 on: July 29, 2014, 02:40:28 PM »
no one asked you for a history lesson about shit we already know about black people
The person who thought white power and black power are the same idea just applied to different races clearly did
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

el chino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -375
  • ants suck!
« Reply #91 on: July 29, 2014, 03:41:06 PM »
Expand Quote
no one should really pay this doofus any attention until he actually puts out watchable skateboard footage. maybe hed actually do something if people stopped giving him any attention for his antics, whether positive or negative.

its like training a dog that begs for attention when you want it to stop begging, ignoring its wimpers for attention is what helps it become a better dog that follows orders (does what his sponsors pay him to do).
[close]
Unrelated but just real quick- What are your thoughts on the differences in cranial shapes between races?
not racist at all, and not race related, but i do categorize people sometimes by their cranial shape, i know it sounds stupid, but like 89% of the time i end up being right, like if the subject looks like a block, its most likely going to be a stupid,stubborn motherfucker and it is.
i may be drunk and having a hard time to express my self but i think you might get the point.
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #92 on: July 29, 2014, 04:17:37 PM »
chino people see what they want to, if you "know" someone is a stupid fuck, b4 they even say word, some part of that person feels you thinking that shit so then when they do speak to you they are less 'colorful' (for my lack of a better term) but if you are a clean slate you might find some of these 'stupid fucks'  become 3 dimentional real people to you--   its skate and create! not skate and isolate  (i am hoping that this is true but take with salt)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 04:22:38 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

J.R.

• Rep: -38
« Reply #93 on: July 29, 2014, 05:02:22 PM »
chino people see what they want to, if you "know" someone is a stupid fuck, b4 they even say word, some part of that person feels you thinking that shit so then when they do speak to you they are less 'colorful' (for my lack of a better term) but if you are a clean slate you might find some of these 'stupid fucks'  become 3 dimentional real people to you--   its skate and create! not skate and isolate  (i am hoping that this is true but take with salt)

PREACH BROVVA

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #94 on: July 29, 2014, 05:40:35 PM »
preachy? its just 2 positive cents dude but fine go fuck yourself

fulltechnicalskizzy

« Reply #95 on: July 29, 2014, 05:43:39 PM »
Like when you see a cranium that looks Puerto Rican and you're like "ohhh boy, here we go..."?

KUberry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #96 on: July 29, 2014, 11:02:32 PM »
If I guy has a cranial shape with a brick imprint, it's probably somebody who recently spent time with Danny Way.

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #97 on: July 29, 2014, 11:19:07 PM »
If I guy has a cranial shape with a brick imprint, it's probably somebody who recently spent time with Danny Way.

This joke has seriously been beaten to death.
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
« Reply #98 on: July 29, 2014, 11:28:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

As you set yourself up for another obvious joke.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #99 on: July 30, 2014, 12:44:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I thought that was another obvious joke.

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #100 on: July 30, 2014, 12:55:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
obviously

acidophilus milk

• Rep: 10
« Reply #101 on: July 30, 2014, 12:56:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Anti Hero gave Andy Roy an ultimatum or whatever.

It was something like:� Hey, get sober� and film a solid full part and we'll give you a pro board.

If you don't get your shit together you'll just be perma flow or whatever.

Andy manned up and quit drinking for a month or two and put together a rad part and got a pro board again.

So there.... Andy's comeback

[close]
Andy still isn't drinking, and yeah, Antihero didn't just welcome him back with open arms, he definitely has been out getting coverage and skating a ton, and that is why they put him on. Maybe its not the Guy level, but going from a constant recidivism case junkie to sobering up, focusing on skating and actually doing stuff with his life. Vice cooking shows may be something that isn't a "pro skater comeback" type move, but its a lot more honest than ripping off drug stores for money to get his next hit. On a personal level, he's pretty much come back from the grave. Hopefully Antwuan can do the same.

Also, on the "black power" confusion. There is a very real, concrete reason that "black power" isn't the same as "white power." The term "black power" originated with 1960's civil rights activist Stokely Carmichael in his famous "black power speech" that he gave after being arrested for something like the 40th time for non-violent civil disobedience. His claim was that basic civil rights laws passed by a government in which black people had no representation that needed to be fought for using their blood and bodies was an untenable path. His basic conclusion was that in order for black people to have a truly equal place in American society, they needed to fightnot just for black civil rights, but for black representation in the political power structure- or "black power." It continued to evolve, having a larger meaning that African American people should strive for and have more power- politically, economically, and socially, in a society in which they have not had any true power historically and most still continue to struggle within. There is no equivalence with white people. There was never a time in American society when white people were entirely shut out of the political, economic, or social hierarchies. That's why it is disturbing when people say "white power." Its a reaction to the notion of "black power" and basically says "fuck an equal place at the table, white people should remain in a place of power over others" which is horrible. That's why "white power" is racist, but "black power" really isn't. And yes, I'm sure it can be bastardized, and that if there are black nationalists out there calling for a white genocide, they probably say "black power" too, but that's not really what it means to most people who use the term.

Kamltoe is killing it in this thread! Things aren't as simple as people make them out to be. If moving your family out of the hood is such an obvious constructive first move, then why hasn't Theotis done it? I guarantee he currently makes far more than Antwuan ever has.

The dude has made mistakes that he is personally responsible for, but...
1) He did his time
2) He came from a situation that probably messed with a lot of his perspective on the world, that's not to say he's not responsible for what he did, but that maybe we should be a little reserved in how we judge him from positions and backgrounds that are likely very different from his. I'm sure 'Twan raised in a middle class suburb to a family with no history of gang membership might have acted differently than 'Twan from the hood. I'm not saying everybody here is from that, but the environment in which we spend our formative years does affect how we deal with the world as adults. Growing up in poverty in a literal ghetto and watching other members of your family get locked up isn't something a couple of big paychecks just make disappear.

I think deathwish should take the "Andy Roy/antihero" approach with Antwuan. Make him prove himself back while simultaneously giving him the support and love to let him know they want him to prove himself and come back.

actually if you watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0jwaLnTGak at twenty seconds in you'll see mr. roy is in fact drinking and that was 11 months or so ago

el chino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -375
  • ants suck!
« Reply #102 on: July 30, 2014, 12:56:46 AM »
Like when you see a cranium that looks Puerto Rican and you're like "ohhh boy, here we go..."?
HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHA WTF, BUT ANYWAYS IN ORDER TO CONTRIBUTE TO THE COMEDY, YES.

WHENEVER I SEE A PUERTO RICAN  CRANIUM IM LIKE�YUP, fs shove 5050�hahahahhahah
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #103 on: July 30, 2014, 12:59:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

It was something like:� Hey, get sober� and film a solid full part and we'll give you a pro board.

Andy manned up and quit drinking for a month or two and put together a rad part and got a pro board again.

[close]
Andy still isn't drinking, and yeah, Antihero didn't just welcome him back with open arms, he definitely has been out getting coverage and skating a ton, and that is why they put him on. Maybe its not the Guy level, but going from a constant recidivism case junkie to sobering up, focusing on skating and actually doing stuff with his life. Vice cooking shows may be something that isn't a "pro skater comeback" type move, but its a lot more honest than ripping off drug stores for money to get his next hit. On a personal level, he's pretty much come back from the grave. Hopefully Antwuan can do the same.

Also, on the "black power" confusion. There is a very real, concrete reason that "black power" isn't the same as "white power." The term "black power" originated with 1960's civil rights activist Stokely Carmichael in his famous "black power speech" that he gave after being arrested for something like the 40th time for non-violent civil disobedience. His claim was that basic civil rights laws passed by a government in which black people had no representation that needed to be fought for using their blood and bodies was an untenable path. His basic conclusion was that in order for black people to have a truly equal place in American society, they needed to fightnot just for black civil rights, but for black representation in the political power structure- or "black power." It continued to evolve, having a larger meaning that African American people should strive for and have more power- politically, economically, and socially, in a society in which they have not had any true power historically and most still continue to struggle within. There is no equivalence with white people. There was never a time in American society when white people were entirely shut out of the political, economic, or social hierarchies. That's why it is disturbing when people say "white power." Its a reaction to the notion of "black power" and basically says "fuck an equal place at the table, white people should remain in a place of power over others" which is horrible. That's why "white power" is racist, but "black power" really isn't. And yes, I'm sure it can be bastardized, and that if there are black nationalists out there calling for a white genocide, they probably say "black power" too, but that's not really what it means to most people who use the term.

Kamltoe is killing it in this thread! Things aren't as simple as people make them out to be. If moving your family out of the hood is such an obvious constructive first move, then why hasn't Theotis done it? I guarantee he currently makes far more than Antwuan ever has.

1) He did his time
2) He came from a situation that probably messed with a lot of his perspective on the world, that's not to say he's not responsible for what he did, but that maybe we should be a little reserved in how we judge him from positions and backgrounds that are likely very different from his. I'm sure 'Twan raised in a middle class suburb to a family with no history of gang membership might have acted differently than 'Twan from the hood. I'm not saying everybody here is from that, but the environment in which we spend our formative years does affect how we deal with the world as adults. Growing up in poverty in a literal ghetto and watching other members of your family get locked up isn't something a couple of big paychecks just make disappear.

I think deathwish should take the "Andy Roy/antihero" approach with Antwuan. Make him prove himself back while simultaneously giving him the support and love to let him know they want him to prove himself and come back.
[close]

actually if you watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0jwaLnTGak at twenty seconds in you'll see mr. roy is in fact drinking and that was 11 months or so ago
Hooray for 11 months ago or so! He drank back then. Since then 11 months have gone by, and at this point, he doesn't drink.

Paletta

• Rep: -17
« Reply #104 on: July 30, 2014, 02:45:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

1) He did his time

[close]

[close]
Hooray for 11 months ago or so! He drank back then. Since then 11 months have gone by, and at this point, he doesn't drink.

3 months ago (2:13)
http://youtu.be/9sgF97c6DZk?t=2m12s

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #105 on: July 30, 2014, 07:44:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
obviously

At least a couple people got it, I seriously wonder how some of you function in real life.
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

J.R.

« Reply #106 on: July 30, 2014, 07:52:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
obviously
[close]

At least a couple people got it, I seriously wonder how some of you function in real life.

i didnt get it, but i have a ridiculously hard time functioning in the real world.

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
« Reply #107 on: July 30, 2014, 08:15:18 AM »
Although I haven't seen Andy recently in the city, I'm pretty sure he's still drinking.  Also, he was "relieved" of his duties at the Deluxe warehouse.  I doubt it was because that part he put out was so mindbending, that he doesn't have to work.  I dont think he'll have a pro board in 2015. 
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #108 on: July 30, 2014, 08:33:35 AM »
roy was the man for like a minute     antuan skates differnently and there is nt much comparison, antuan is or at least was huge enuf to start somthing that would compete with baker where as Roy was never every little kids hero like antuan. So saying tuan should haf to "prove himself like Roy" is under valuing Antuans game.

Bloody Matt

• Rep: -41
« Reply #109 on: July 30, 2014, 09:00:55 AM »
Expand Quote

It was something like:  Hey, get sober  and film a solid full part and we'll give you a pro board.

[close]
Andy still isn't drinking...

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #110 on: July 30, 2014, 09:13:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

It was something like:  Hey, get sober  and film a solid full part and we'll give you a pro board.

[close]
Andy still isn't drinking...
[close]

Hahahaha now that is a man STOKIN over a cold one if ive ever seen one  8)

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3288
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #111 on: July 30, 2014, 09:43:50 AM »

Puerto Ricans give the best cranium.

J.R.

« Reply #112 on: July 30, 2014, 11:19:20 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

good dome knows no race.

kamltoe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -443
« Reply #113 on: July 30, 2014, 02:49:49 PM »

no one asked you for a history lesson about shit we already know about black people because you have white guilt, and this is coming from a black guy.

deathwish will float antwuan longer in the name of selling product than antihero ever could with andy roy. why? because most people that buy product give a fuck about antwuan and not andy roy. antwuan doesnt have to do shit to do numbers, andy roy doesnt have that luxury.

I'd put good money down you don't know shit about stokely carmichael or the movement past a couple pbs specials. probably think bobby seales is just a man that makes really good ribs.

**quick! to the bat-wiki!**

hilarious that you mention numbers as your bottom line argument. have you ever seen twuans numbers? i mean really seen them on a spreadsheet? cause if you haven't your whole stance is speculation and you should probably chill on the absolutes.

also, you ever actually talked to julien or andy? cause if not, you really cant say what anti-hero or andy have or will do. I don't mind speculation, just chill with trying to force your opinion into the fact zone. it'll never fit kid. it's an opinion.

K

Quote from: The Gipper

Classic keyboard skate champion talk right there.

you need to stop thinking people do what you tell them bc they dont.

J.R.

« Reply #114 on: July 30, 2014, 02:58:18 PM »
Expand Quote

no one asked you for a history lesson about shit we already know about black people because you have white guilt, and this is coming from a black guy.

deathwish will float antwuan longer in the name of selling product than antihero ever could with andy roy. why? because most people that buy product give a fuck about antwuan and not andy roy. antwuan doesnt have to do shit to do numbers, andy roy doesnt have that luxury.
[close]

I'd put good money down you don't know shit about stokely carmichael or the movement past a couple pbs specials. probably think bobby seales is just a man that makes really good ribs.

**quick! to the bat-wiki!**

hilarious that you mention numbers as your bottom line argument. have you ever seen twuans numbers? i mean really seen them on a spreadsheet? cause if you haven't your whole stance is speculation and you should probably chill on the absolutes.

also, you ever actually talked to julien or andy? cause if not, you really cant say what anti-hero or andy have or will do. I don't mind speculation, just chill with trying to force your opinion into the fact zone. it'll never fit kid. it's an opinion.

K

the companies that he rode for said all of his professionally endorsed items from decks to shoes were best sellers when they were released, did you ever see the checks antwuan was getting from royalties? a lot of people dont hit 5 figures a month in this day and age, but he did. and who made them best sellers? little kids with parents money, the same kids that dont care about andy roy. so, with your sarcastic ass 'K,' try explaining to me that andy roy has better exposure with the part of the skateboard market that actually spends money on shit compared to antwuan.

Go ahead, ill wait.

unless you really think that a kid will recognize and buy an andy roy deck before an antwuan dixon board, which that only means that youre out of touch with what the kids that actually pay for shit actually buy, then youre just out of touch with the consumers and i hope to hell you dont own a skate shop.

as a side note, you shouldnt try to be a history teacher. stick to being wrong about skateboarding.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #115 on: July 30, 2014, 04:28:17 PM »
Those pictures and videos are great, but Andy doesn't drink anymore, and I know what I'm talking about based on a lot more than old media coverage I get from thousands of miles away. The guy who hasn't seen Andy around but is certain he is still drinking spends too much time at the bars, and not enough at the skateparks

G raham

• Rep: -47
« Reply #116 on: July 30, 2014, 05:51:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

LOL
Well guys, there's nothing better than getting out there and skateboarding. - Shane O'Neill.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
« Reply #117 on: July 30, 2014, 07:47:28 PM »
Those pictures and videos are great, but Andy doesn't drink anymore, and I know what I'm talking about based on a lot more than old media coverage I get from thousands of miles away. The guy who hasn't seen Andy around but is certain he is still drinking spends too much time at the bars, and not enough at the skateparks

You seem pretty certain he's not drinking so I'm not going to argue that you're wrong, and I don't know the guy or anything but he's definitely drinking Tecate in this video at 3:30. Granted, he could've dumped the beer out and filled the can with something else but that would be nonsensical on an absurd level.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sgF97c6DZk

Prince Nelson

« Reply #118 on: July 30, 2014, 08:06:13 PM »
To play devil's advocate, Andy Roy, in general, is nonsensical at an absurd level.

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #119 on: July 30, 2014, 08:16:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You seem pretty certain he's not drinking so I'm not going to argue that you're wrong, and I don't know the guy or anything but he's definitely drinking Tecate in this video at 3:30. Granted, he could've dumped the beer out and filled the can with something else but that would be nonsensical on an absurd level.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sgF97c6DZk

maybe it's an image thing?  like the way Van Halen used to put tea in whiskey bottles to bring on stage, to maintain their party image.