Author Topic: antwuan is free!!!  (Read 73314 times)

ill_Murray

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
Re: antwuan is free!!!
« Reply #120 on: July 30, 2014, 08:19:57 PM »
Andy Roy raped dudes in prison.  Sober.
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

Jared

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
  • Die Slow
« Reply #121 on: July 30, 2014, 10:05:40 PM »
roy was the man for like a minute     antuan skates differnently and there is nt much comparison, antuan is or at least was huge enuf to start somthing that would compete with baker where as Roy was never every little kids hero like antuan. So saying tuan should haf to "prove himself like Roy" is under valuing Antuans game.
Where do I start with this one.....

harrison ford invented the first car, in America

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #122 on: July 31, 2014, 12:49:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Those pictures and videos are great, but Andy doesn't drink anymore, and I know what I'm talking about based on a lot more than old media coverage I get from thousands of miles away. The guy who hasn't seen Andy around but is certain he is still drinking spends too much time at the bars, and not enough at the skateparks
[close]

You seem pretty certain he's not drinking so I'm not going to argue that you're wrong, and I don't know the guy or anything but he's definitely drinking Tecate in this video at 3:30. Granted, he could've dumped the beer out and filled the can with something else but that would be nonsensical on an absurd level.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sgF97c6DZk
[close]

maybe it's an image thing?  like the way Van Halen used to put tea in whiskey bottles to bring on stage, to maintain their party image.
Maybe it takes a bit of time to get those things on the web.

Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #123 on: July 31, 2014, 06:38:54 AM »
where to start, Jared? When roy had that full page roof drop in thrasher he was the shit then he got junked out.  Atuan had 3 billion hits on youtube so why couldnt he have started a company of some kind?  dont say "where to start" just start anywhere with a valid argument,(if your going to bother)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 06:44:06 AM by givecigstosurfgroms »
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

J.R.

• Rep: -38
« Reply #124 on: July 31, 2014, 09:58:42 AM »
where to start, Jared? When roy had that full page roof drop in thrasher he was the shit then he got junked out.  Atuan had 3 billion hits on youtube so why couldnt he have started a company of some kind?  dont say "where to start" just start anywhere with a valid argument,(if your going to bother)

if you had to bet all of your money, would you say that todays kids in skateboarding that pay for product with their parents money give more of a shit about andy roy? or antwuan dixon?

if you pick the former, i hope to hell you dont own a shop/ invest in stocks/ vote/ have to make critical decisions that impact other people in general.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #125 on: July 31, 2014, 10:36:00 AM »
dude i cant fucking pick what kids like ,wtf ?im a realist and antuan actually might not be the anti christ (as you seem to think i guess)

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #126 on: July 31, 2014, 10:39:24 AM »
dude i cant fucking pick what kids like ,wtf ?im a person and antuan actually might not be the anti christ (as you seem to think i guess)

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #127 on: July 31, 2014, 10:42:52 AM »
thats it?! person ??  aw man

Wayne Regretzky

« Reply #128 on: July 31, 2014, 10:43:29 AM »
Drink, smoke and listen to KRS-1
Channel Live - Mad Izm

J.R.

« Reply #129 on: July 31, 2014, 10:44:44 AM »
dude i cant fucking pick what kids like ,wtf ?im a realist and antuan actually might not be the anti christ (as you seem to think i guess)

its kind of easy, just go onto youtube and watch some andy roy and antwuan videos and look at the comments alone and see who gets more love from the kids. we can all agree that kids are the ones that keep the industry afloat with their parents money. the whole thing is antwuan has the capacity to move more product in the industry by putting his name on something than andy roy is.

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #130 on: July 31, 2014, 10:46:03 AM »
thats it?! person ??� aw man

I just can't picture someone both simultaneously using Slap and maintaining enough of a disconnect from the skate world to be unable to gauge what products are popular these days among younger skaters, unless you're a person, which based on your posts, you seem to be.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #131 on: July 31, 2014, 10:47:31 AM »
not talking about 'love' talking money (btw andy roy is pretty rad and gets my love to which does tons of good)

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #132 on: July 31, 2014, 10:49:10 AM »
besides i said he HAD 3 billion youtube hits and that he COULD have cashed in

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #133 on: July 31, 2014, 10:51:08 AM »
connected to the sk8 world? have you heard the term "skate and shut the fuck up"

J.R.

« Reply #134 on: July 31, 2014, 10:52:07 AM »
not talking about 'love' talking money (btw andy roy is pretty rad and gets my love to which does tons of good)

antwuan is a bigger cash cow than andy roy is, i hope no one thinks andy roy has the capacity to make five figures a month and have his endorsed products become best sellers with some of the biggest companies in skateboarding like antwuan.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #135 on: July 31, 2014, 10:55:22 AM »
^ It's "shut up and skate" dipshit.
Expand Quote
where to start, Jared? When roy had that full page roof drop in thrasher he was the shit then he got junked out. �Atuan had 3 billion hits on youtube so why couldnt he have started a company of some kind? �dont say "where to start" just start anywhere with a valid argument,(if your going to bother)
[close]

if you had to bet all of your money, would you say that todays kids in skateboarding that pay for product with their parents money give more of a shit about andy roy? or antwuan dixon?

if you pick the former, i hope to hell you dont own a shop/ invest in stocks/ vote/ have to make critical decisions that impact other people in general.
You mean would I sponsor a guy who skates and gets a lot of coverage and his name and face out there or a guy who hasn't produced anything in years? The answer to that is clear. You think the kids today just starting are saying "Can I get the board of a guy who had a good part 5 years before I started skating, but hasn't done anything since?" No. They care about the guys they actually see skate now.

And surfgroms- Neither Andy nor Antwuan should or do own any company.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #136 on: July 31, 2014, 10:57:19 AM »
And JR- you are a special kind of stupid. The kind that neither understands facts nor concepts. You can't follow a basic line of thinking. Please do your ego a favor and stop spouting out such dumb shit with such complete confidence.You are much dumber than the average slap poster, who is already pretty stupid.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #137 on: July 31, 2014, 10:57:50 AM »
'should' dont mean shit wake up smell concrete

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #138 on: July 31, 2014, 10:59:19 AM »
 faggot you didnt argue jr s point, you called him "stupid"

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #139 on: July 31, 2014, 11:06:02 AM »
faggot you didnt argue jr s point, you called him "stupid"
Correct. I called him that because he is. Throughout the messageboard he types really stupid and ignorant shit. Its not just about this thread, its about him and his very poorly functioning brain, and his baseless confidence in his belief that people will respect his stupid ideas. Nobody does or will, so overall, I think it would be best if he stopped posting, and maybe read a book or two.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #140 on: July 31, 2014, 11:08:58 AM »
how do you remember anyones name on slap so's that you  remember that they suck?, I fucking dont why keep track of that shit?

kamltoe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -443
« Reply #141 on: July 31, 2014, 11:21:13 AM »

the companies that he rode for said all of his professionally endorsed items from decks to shoes were best sellers when they were released, did you ever see the checks antwuan was getting from royalties? a lot of people dont hit 5 figures a month in this day and age, but he did.

you see the amount of past tense you're applying to your vision of antwaun's current value? good. so the rules have to apply both directions if you're gonna make that the basis of your argument. you know the kind of numbers Andy Roy was doing in his prime? I betcha don't. but I know who does.

and who made them best sellers? little kids with parents money, the same kids that dont care about andy roy. so, with your sarcastic ass 'K,' try explaining to me that andy roy has better exposure with the part of the skateboard market that actually spends money on shit compared to antwuan.

the flaw in this argument is that no kid goes into a shop and chooses between andy roy and twaun. they have a whole wall to choose from and if you're gonna use the kid argument, you should (again) actually know your numbers. for the record, Mikey Taylor was selling more boards than both of those dudes combined when he was on alien. so...your point is invalid because the constraints aren't realistic. try again buddy.

also, the K is called a signature. I like them, so I use it. your misinterpretation and resulting lashing out (as if it were, in fact, sarcastic) is exactly whats wrong with (and presently happening in) all of your posts so far. get your shit together.

Go ahead, ill wait.

okay.

unless you really think that a kid will recognize and buy an andy roy deck before an antwuan dixon board, which that only means that youre out of touch with what the kids that actually pay for shit actually buy, then youre just out of touch with the consumers and i hope to hell you dont own a skate shop.

i invoke the mikey taylor clause again. see above. invalid argument is invalid.

as a side note, you shouldnt try to be a history teacher.

what makes you think I'm a teacher? you got me fucked up hahaha.

stick to being wrong about skateboarding.

you've actually not responded to any of my arguments with anything but rampant speculation and more incredulous questions. please tell me which facts I presented were incorrect. I'll wait...

then again...wrong is a moral judgement. I don't actually have morals, so maybe you're right.

K

Quote from: The Gipper

Classic keyboard skate champion talk right there.

you need to stop thinking people do what you tell them bc they dont.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #142 on: July 31, 2014, 11:28:06 AM »
how do you remember anyones name on slap so's that you  remember that they suck?, I fucking dont why keep track of that shit?
Of course you can't. You are a dumbass as well.

kamltoe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -443
« Reply #143 on: July 31, 2014, 12:19:53 PM »
JR lurking this thread but not responding. You checking wiki again bro?

K

Quote from: The Gipper

Classic keyboard skate champion talk right there.

you need to stop thinking people do what you tell them bc they dont.

J.R.

« Reply #144 on: July 31, 2014, 12:31:22 PM »
Expand Quote

the companies that he rode for said all of his professionally endorsed items from decks to shoes were best sellers when they were released, did you ever see the checks antwuan was getting from royalties? a lot of people dont hit 5 figures a month in this day and age, but he did.
[close]

you see the amount of past tense you're applying to your vision of antwaun's current value? good. so the rules have to apply both directions if you're gonna make that the basis of your argument. you know the kind of numbers Andy Roy was doing in his prime? I betcha don't. but I know who does.

Expand Quote
and who made them best sellers? little kids with parents money, the same kids that dont care about andy roy. so, with your sarcastic ass 'K,' try explaining to me that andy roy has better exposure with the part of the skateboard market that actually spends money on shit compared to antwuan.
[close]

the flaw in this argument is that no kid goes into a shop and chooses between andy roy and twaun. they have a whole wall to choose from and if you're gonna use the kid argument, you should (again) actually know your numbers. for the record, Mikey Taylor was selling more boards than both of those dudes combined when he was on alien. so...your point is invalid because the constraints aren't realistic. try again buddy.

also, the K is called a signature. I like them, so I use it. your misinterpretation and resulting lashing out (as if it were, in fact, sarcastic) is exactly whats wrong with (and presently happening in) all of your posts so far. get your shit together.

Expand Quote
Go ahead, ill wait.
[close]

okay.

Expand Quote
unless you really think that a kid will recognize and buy an andy roy deck before an antwuan dixon board, which that only means that youre out of touch with what the kids that actually pay for shit actually buy, then youre just out of touch with the consumers and i hope to hell you dont own a skate shop.
[close]

i invoke the mikey taylor clause again. see above. invalid argument is invalid.

Expand Quote
as a side note, you shouldnt try to be a history teacher.
[close]

what makes you think I'm a teacher? you got me fucked up hahaha.

Expand Quote
stick to being wrong about skateboarding.
[close]

you've actually not responded to any of my arguments with anything but rampant speculation and more incredulous questions. please tell me which facts I presented were incorrect. I'll wait...

then again...wrong is a moral judgement. I don't actually have morals, so maybe you're right.

K

well i guess well see then, because those companies seem like they wanna put him back out there soon. andy roy said in an interview before he went to jail that he wasnt making much money from skating, and antwuan was making five figures before he went in. if you think andy roy, a pro that mostly resonates with old dudes that skated in the beginning of the 1990's, would do better in todays market than antwuan, who still gets attention from the kids of todays market in comparison to andy roy, then youre free to be wrong.

people were comparing antwuan to andy roy on here. of course kids walk into a shop and can pick from those two plus every famous street leaguer, but the fact was that no one was talking about mikey taylor. i never said antwuan sells more boards than everyone who has one on a wall, i just said that he can move more units than roy. go anywhere that kids comment, and see if theyre talking more about antwuan dixon or andy roy. those kids actually buy shit. theyre talking more about a guy who hasnt released shit in YEARS, when andy roy has been releasing recent shit (which im sorry his skating now doesnt keep up with the progressive market) and the kids arent paying him anywhere near the same amount of attention. youd be bad at market speculation if you couldnt make as easy of an assumption to say that more kids are looking forward to antwuans re entry into skating than andy roys.

i didnt mean your current profession is being a history teacher, it was a sarcastic comment.

your speculation in roys favor will be proven wrong in time, sit back and wait for the displeasure of being wrong.

J.R.

« Reply #145 on: July 31, 2014, 12:43:09 PM »
^ It's "shut up and skate" dipshit.
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
where to start, Jared? When roy had that full page roof drop in thrasher he was the shit then he got junked out. �Atuan had 3 billion hits on youtube so why couldnt he have started a company of some kind? �dont say "where to start" just start anywhere with a valid argument,(if your going to bother)
[close]

[close]
You mean would I sponsor a guy who skates and gets a lot of coverage and his name and face out there or a guy who hasn't produced anything in years? The answer to that is clear. You think the kids today just starting are saying "Can I get the board of a guy who had a good part 5 years before I started skating, but hasn't done anything since?" No. They care about the guys they actually see skate now.

And surfgroms- Neither Andy nor Antwuan should or do own any company.

you should put the guy who will more more units by endorsing your product on your team, regardless of how well they skate and how often they skate. bam sold more boards when he was putting out less skating because of his antics off the board, so the last time you put a part out and how your skill level is doesnt actually equate to selling boards. you should have known that by now.

crazy that antwuan dixons brothers year old iphone jail video has almost double the views and more comments from kids asking about antwuan, top comment being five days ago with the most recent comment being a day ago from a quick view.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSoDvo3oEls

compare that to this year old video of andy roy actually skating, that has half the views and a third of the comments the video above does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkZhEzHaYBM

and thats not a video of antwuan skating and didnt even include antwuan even being in the video, you dont think those views are a good way to speculate how much better antwuans return will favor from a business standpoint than andy roys was? if not, maybe thats why youre better off as a teacher.

hufs calve muscles

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #146 on: July 31, 2014, 01:00:12 PM »
That footage of Andy Roy was like watching a bear on roller skates for the first time.

J.R.

« Reply #147 on: July 31, 2014, 01:10:36 PM »
That footage of Andy Roy was like watching a bear on roller skates for the first time.

now this is just outright my opinion, but i feel like antwuan dixon could sell more boards talking about foo foo wham wham and catching fades and postin on the innernenn n shit than andy roy can with his skating lmao.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #148 on: July 31, 2014, 02:01:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Those pictures and videos are great, but Andy doesn't drink anymore, and I know what I'm talking about based on a lot more than old media coverage I get from thousands of miles away. The guy who hasn't seen Andy around but is certain he is still drinking spends too much time at the bars, and not enough at the skateparks
[close]

You seem pretty certain he's not drinking so I'm not going to argue that you're wrong, and I don't know the guy or anything but he's definitely drinking Tecate in this video at 3:30. Granted, he could've dumped the beer out and filled the can with something else but that would be nonsensical on an absurd level.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sgF97c6DZk
[close]

maybe it's an image thing?  like the way Van Halen used to put tea in whiskey bottles to bring on stage, to maintain their party image.
[close]
Maybe it takes a bit of time to get those things on the web.

What, like a month maybe? At most? I mean it was posted in April of this year.

gutterhead.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
« Reply #149 on: July 31, 2014, 02:16:29 PM »
this is zesty