Author Topic: Can someone explain to me the whole steve berra tony hawk weed thing?  (Read 15572 times)

ben3350

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -156
All I've heard is that tony hawk smoked weed and that steve berra was sad or even cried about it. I've heard it referenced a million times, but what is the context of this? Is it in a video, interview, magazine, etc?

Just want to know the whole story as I apparently missed out on it when it happened.

Miyagi

Join scientology or die.

I didn't hear about this, Berra might be a bit more chill if he smoked some ganj.

shark tits

i think its on a free lunch w/ jeremy klein but basically, tony hawk who is berra's boss, smokes a bit of the drug marijuana. berra who 'never drinks or smokes, never really been into that' cries to see his boss, mentor and hero breaking his straight [fucking X] edge. and jeremy klein and willy santos have a nice chuckle about it.

Schismatic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 4
I knew a girl some years back who was studying pharmacology and working as a pharmacist's assistant in Carlsbad. She once claimed that Tony Hawk came in every month for a huge bottle of hydrocodone. I hope Berra reads that and weeps some more. Bad karma comes around to anyone that would steal Scott Johnston's girlfriend (he seems like a pretty nice fella).

Cosme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 507
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.

> 4:03

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
Re: Can someone explain to me the whole steve berra tony hawk weed thing?
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2014, 08:00:00 AM »
Expand Quote
I knew a girl some years back who was studying pharmacology and working as a pharmacist's assistant in Carlsbad. She once claimed that Tony Hawk came in every month for a huge bottle of hydrocodone. I hope Berra reads that and weeps some more. Bad karma comes around to anyone that would steal Scott Johnston's girlfriend (he seems like a pretty nice fella).
[close]

I got a prescription of that a couple weeks ago for a fractured scapula - it didnt really change much.  I recall from his autobiography way back when that he keeps bottles of tylenol all around the house.  Cant blame him, or other cats like Mat Hofman...

I find it hilarious a grown man would be upset over another grown man smoking.  He isnt even promoting it ala Baker...  er, he didnt give AR a seed investment did he?  You know what i mean tho

Someone like Tony Hawk needing painkillers makes tons of sense.  The dude has destroyed his body for for like 30ish years or something like that.  I'd be willing to bet he's scooping a lowered dosage pill from his pharmacist rather than how your friend made it sound like he's scoring Oxy Contin behind the Wal-mart. 

Schismatic, you should tell that chick to be careful, she can get in serious trouble talking about peoples' perscriptions and violating all kinds of HIPAA laws like that.
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

Schismatic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 4
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2014, 08:46:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I got a prescription of that a couple weeks ago for a fractured scapula - it didnt really change much.  I recall from his autobiography way back when that he keeps bottles of tylenol all around the house.  Cant blame him, or other cats like Mat Hofman...

I find it hilarious a grown man would be upset over another grown man smoking.  He isnt even promoting it ala Baker...  er, he didnt give AR a seed investment did he?  You know what i mean tho
[close]

Someone like Tony Hawk needing painkillers makes tons of sense.  The dude has destroyed his body for for like 30ish years or something like that.  I'd be willing to bet he's scooping a lowered dosage pill from his pharmacist rather than how your friend made it sound like he's scoring Oxy Contin behind the Wal-mart. 

Schismatic, you should tell that chick to be careful, she can get in serious trouble talking about peoples' perscriptions and violating all kinds of HIPAA laws like that.

I'm not sure where you get the 'Oxy behind WalMart' thing from 'hydrocodone (e.g. Vicodin, Lortab, Norco) from a pharmacy' but okay man.

And I'll hit that chick up right now. Some girl a friend of mine was dating ~8 years ago shouldn't be hard to find... and it wouldn't be at all creepy for me to hit her up about some random conversation that was had once...

Seriously though man, I've been through chronic pain management myself for a long time because of skate injuries and wear & tear. For years I got a bottle of 120 vicodin ES (7.5/750) and 60 time release morphine 40mg tabs every month. I still have to take meds every single day for advanced peripheral neuropathy, osteoarthritis, and various other orthopedic problems but I've finally found a doctor who would start giving me experimental non-narcotics that actually help. For personal reasons I started pushing back against opiates a couple years back, I just wanted something that makes it possible to skate but doesn't fuck up my head. Not easy to find since docs love to push opiates; at some point they've prescribed me percoset, norco, oxymorphone (dilaudid), morphine, methadone, oxycodone, and countless anti-inflammatory pills and nerve pain meds.

'Old skater symdrome' sucks and I wouldn't criticize or question anyone because their doc gave them meds. I have a good D.O. who specializes in sports injuries and gotta see him every month. W/o meds and constant PT I doubt I'd be able to skate with any regularity.

Didn't mean to derail, just seems like you might've took that wrong. I just made a passing comment about something that's super common, legal, and understandable, and no negative connotation was intended.

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2014, 09:02:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I'm not sure where you get the 'Oxy behind WalMart' thing from 'hydrocodone (e.g. Vicodin, Lortab, Norco) from a pharmacy' but okay man.

And I'll hit that chick up right now. Some girl a friend of mine was dating ~8 years ago shouldn't be hard to find... and it wouldn't be at all creepy for me to hit her up about some random conversation that was had once...

Seriously though man, I've been through chronic pain management myself for a long time because of skate injuries and wear & tear. For years I got a bottle of 120 vicodin ES (7.5/750) and 60 time release morphine 40mg tabs every month. I still have to take meds every single day for advanced peripheral neuropathy, osteoarthritis, and various other orthopedic problems but I've finally found a doctor who would start giving me experimental non-narcotics that actually help. For personal reasons I started pushing back against opiates a couple years back, I just wanted something that makes it possible to skate but doesn't fuck up my head. Not easy to find since docs love to push opiates; at some point they've prescribed me percoset, norco, oxymorphone (dilaudid), morphine, methadone, oxycodone, and countless anti-inflammatory pills and nerve pain meds.

'Old skater symdrome' sucks and I wouldn't criticize or question anyone because their doc gave them meds. I have a good D.O. who specializes in sports injuries and gotta see him every month. W/o meds and constant PT I doubt I'd be able to skate with any regularity.

Didn't mean to derail, just seems like you might've took that wrong. I just made a passing comment about something that's super common, legal, and understandable, and no negative connotation was intended.

I guess I did, it happens.

ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

QUIT SINNIN

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
  • PATSY
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2014, 09:35:19 PM »

> 4:03

jeremy klein on republican, confirmed.

shark tits

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2014, 09:39:25 PM »
(^^^)
[sorry i was trying to draw a shark]
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 09:41:35 PM by I sniff my own butthole all the time »

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2014, 09:40:37 PM »
I wonder how Berra reacted when he found out Hawk's son smokes a lot of weed
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 03:47:40 AM by Abyss1 »

mongoloidorgasm

• Rep: 1
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2014, 01:24:42 PM »
He probably looked something like this  :'(

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2014, 06:23:17 AM »
  Berra is the only dude who i tottally hate on but half of me attributes this statement to his non funny sense of humor and that he's not serious but you never know.  Berra used to write super snotty transworld articals and thats when i started disliking him.  And it just got way worse from there.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2014, 09:00:42 AM »
i cant imagine how berra would react if he knew that bucky lasik smokes cigarettes out of his butt.

mattofallmatts

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -110
  • "I will not skateboard in the halls"
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2014, 01:48:54 AM »
TONUY IS GORD