Author Topic: Buenos Aires<Arg  (Read 3618 times)

adriankohatsu

Buenos Aires<Arg
« on: August 02, 2014, 06:14:47 PM »
I don?t know if theres a post about it but i would like to know how much it cost to rent a decent apartment for a 2 weeks or more in B.A ???since i have been reading that the government have been building reaally cool look skateplazas and bowls, and of course the street spots seems to be nice specially in the weekends.

straight

Re: Buenos Aires<Arg
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 03:46:31 PM »
^the food, the chicks are super hot, and the discos. Those fuckers do it right. The plazas are fun to skate and you never get kicked out of spots. Weed is terrible tho

RonBurgundy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -40
  • from a whale's vagina
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2015, 11:37:05 PM »
love it there, the converse plaza is a nice place to meet people and have a little fun.
kentuchy pizza is the best pizza joint in town and don't forget to try the dulce de leche ice cream, the older the shop the better.
as far as renting apartments go, always check airbnb

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 01:37:49 PM »
Going on may. I'm stoked about the trip. Is it feasible to cruise around the place? What are the best skate shops in Bs As?

dinosaur

• Rep: 7
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2016, 07:36:33 AM »
Bumping this thread up. Might be going down there in a few weeks, any shops/spots/plazas I should check out? How is it skating in the city? Mellow or sketchy?

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2016, 07:53:56 PM »
I might be going here as well. Took two 1 1/2 weeks off of work in July but haven't bought a ticket anywhere yet but am debating between some places in SA or doing Seoul + some other Asian cities. On the SA end do you guys have any recommendations? I was comparing mostly capitals and the only place I've been there is Colombia. Might try to fit in a Central American city too.

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2016, 04:25:14 PM »
Im living in Buenos Aires currently and I must it is a dope city to skate. You have great public transportation (subte, buses)that can take you pretty much anywhere in the city pretty quick. There are a ton of spots especially if you actually go out and skate around to find shit. There are a lot of skateparks that are public plazas so they are open 24/7. Skating is not sketchy at all, you just have to be careful and look around where you are especially if you have camera equipment. The spot Id recommend going to is Plaza Houssay which used to be the meet up spot and now has a skatepark. You can meet up there warm up and then hit the streets. There is also a sort of market on saturdays where skaters sell stuff like boards, shoes, etc all for much cheaper than the local stores.

bob aus lewing

• Rep: 4
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2018, 02:50:25 AM »
hey, i' bumping this thread because i'm going to buenos aires next week. will stay there for 3 months.
is anybody living there now or has some news about skating and life in general there?

EAT PUSSY!

• Rep: 29
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2018, 06:49:12 AM »
gonna be in buenos aires for 4 days in november and would like to know if any pal know where this spot is.

all i know they are in "puerto madero", not sure if they easy to find tho... took those images from this video: https://www.redbull.com/int-en/greetings-from-buenos-aires

also, any other spot with smooth ground and ledges or manuals are welcome (i already found "la manualera").

thanks!

bob aus lewing

• Rep: 4
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2018, 02:15:40 PM »
these concrete benches are in puerto madero, there is a big park there, they are right in the middle.

i was hanging out a lot in bernal, it's in the suburbs. next to the trainstation there is a diy with slappie curbs, ledges and benches.
http://www.gozamedia.com.ar/slappy-diy-bernal/

the skatepark near plaza houssay is great to meet locals. in the weekends you may be able to join some locals skating in the business district (microcentro)

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2018, 07:59:58 PM »
these concrete benches are in puerto madero, there is a big park there, they are right in the middle.

i was hanging out a lot in bernal, it's in the suburbs. next to the trainstation there is a diy with slappie curbs, ledges and benches.
http://www.gozamedia.com.ar/slappy-diy-bernal/

the skatepark near plaza houssay is great to meet locals. in the weekends you may be able to join some locals skating in the business district (microcentro)
You can see the benches in the line at 4:55 this is a video, I filmed this year. Hope you can see some other shit you want to skate!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRZMopsL0wU

EAT PUSSY!

• Rep: 29
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2018, 08:19:31 AM »
holy shit.

thank you guys, def. gonna hit you up gsosa! there's enough spots for the time i am spending there!