Author Topic: Ripped Laces: Then & Now w/ Erik Ellington  (Read 6364 times)

@thewilleasley

Re: Ripped Laces: Then & Now w/ Erik Ellington
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2014, 10:27:21 PM »
part 2

Then & Now: Erik Ellington - Part 2 on Vimeo

I skated both the Double E's & the Avengers and they were both some of my all time favorites. Dude knows how to make great product!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 10:29:49 PM by @thewilleasley »

Tracer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2014, 10:51:24 PM »
Eriks new supersole moonboot looks awful, yet I see dudes going nuts with em. The berrics product test was pretty hilarious, everyone had to step down their tricks while acting a fool.

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65505
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2014, 03:58:04 AM »
i like this series, id just tone the instrumental in the background down a little bit on the next one.

360 frip, you didnt like the emerica 1st ellington shoe? what kind of shoe were you skating back then that you did like?

I think this:

was my favourite around then. They had really good board feel and flex from the off.

It is wierd though, I remember a friend had the Ellingtons and loved them. So me and another mutual friend both independently bought a pair each of the green and white leather colourway. Both of us fucking hated them. May be it was just that colourway that sucked?
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 378
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2014, 04:29:15 AM »
It's funny that he didn't talk about his third Supra model.  I think it was called the Vega?  It was a vulc model and it looked great so I wonder if it didn't sell well either.  It seemed like it was perfectly timed according to skating's trends and preferences so it would be surprising if it was a flop.

ferraveemo

• Rep: 23
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2014, 07:00:17 AM »
It's funny that he didn't talk about his third Supra model.  I think it was called the Vega?  It was a vulc model and it looked great so I wonder if it didn't sell well either.  It seemed like it was perfectly timed according to skating's trends and preferences so it would be surprising if it was a flop.

haha! i just googled them and they look like the Reynolds 2's with the puffy upper but instead of a thin cup sole. it's a vulc sole haha!

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2014, 09:02:45 AM »
his diablo model really didn't get enough appreciation at the time. (not in that horride colourway though ... ugh)
love how he mentioned coming back full circle and getting inspired by KCK colourways again. ellington always keeps it fresh in the shoe dept. hell, he even used to make axions look good (i guess BA did too)!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 09:05:27 AM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

metsuri

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -29
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2014, 01:41:51 PM »
That was cool. Hope there will be more of these.

Over the years I've had 2 pairs of Supras, one being the Avenger, the other one sort of half cab looking shoe back in 2007 probably. They were both really good shoes, I liked them a lot. Still, I kind of hesitate to pick up a pair of Supras, maybe it's the image of the company that puts me off, regardless of some rad dudes like Ellington.

FCN

• Rep: -17
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2014, 03:42:42 PM »
that was awesome. i loved both his emerica shoes when i was young. i never had any supra shoes though because they look disgusting and so on.  i don't know why i hate supra as a company so much i have no reason to.  i understand why his shoes never sold on supra.

Dr Steve Brule

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2014, 03:47:36 PM »
I think the Ellington 2's were one of my first skate shoes ever.  They lasted a long time, thats for sure.

I always really liked the Supra Diablo too, one of my favorite shoes
For Your Health

el chino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -375
  • ants suck!
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2014, 04:14:17 PM »
i had several suede ellingtons and just one leather colorway and let me tell you, that leather was STIFF AS A MOTHERFUCKER.
maybe it was just the lkeather they used on them.
the diablos were fucking great,  diablo slip on was even better, and the vegas skated fucking great, they were pretty narrow but  pointy and grippy enough to be one of my faves
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2014, 05:23:54 PM »
this one and the chris cole one were so great!!

hopefully someone comes out of the woodwork to sponsor you guys and pay you guys to do more of these.  or at least put you up in hotels.

i. want. more.