Author Topic: Camping/Skate Trips  (Read 1053 times)

chockfullofthat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
Camping/Skate Trips
« on: May 06, 2015, 05:38:35 AM »
I've been doing these for the past three years and I've pretty much been winging it with mixed results.  What is the best way to pick a campground that will not be filled with families and people who will bitch when you a jousting with wizard sticks at 1am?  There never seems to be much information on the interwebs about campgrounds and they definitely aren't going to straight up say we cater to drunken assholes. 

Also, if you have been on any good trips with camping and good skateparks post about the best ones.

nateworst

Re: Camping/Skate Trips
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 07:01:01 AM »
ask the campgrounds about "group camping sites". some places will have it. they are separated from the family parts, and you can get as wild as you want without being bothered/bothersome.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2015, 08:10:00 AM »
thanks.

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 686
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2015, 03:19:19 PM »
Supposedly the Beauty and the Beast crew were those assholes for alot of their campsites. Although you would never know it from the footage.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2015, 06:07:31 PM »
in canada there are 'recreation sites' which are basically free rustic campsites. also larger spaces, more space between sites, and usually in the bush a few minutes. as long as you clean up and shit then there is really no problem at these places. I also went to one in mount rainier in washington, not sure how to find info on them really.
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

Andrew

• Rep: 100
  • lightcatcher
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2015, 11:35:13 PM »
^ i second that. A lot of time these campsites will be called "Environmental" or "Walk in" campgrounds. They will usually have less amenities, so sometimes no running water, and only a bear box/fire pit/outhouse. But the good part is that they are generally more removed from everyone else. A lot of times, you'll have to hike in a bit but it's completely worth it.

this is a campsite I went to over spring break.

http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=551

http://www.reserveamerica.com/camping/calaveras-big-trees-sp/r/campgroundDetails.do?contractCode=CA&parkId=120014

the environmental campsite was called the Sugar Pine campground.

The only thing you nerds grind down is yer keyboard keys.