Author Topic: Deluxe Board with big tails  (Read 1217 times)

Flat_Spot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -3
Deluxe Board with big tails
« on: August 23, 2014, 09:26:50 AM »
so i hate boards with tiny pointy tails but love the quality of deluxe boards. the last 8.5 krooked i had was good but the tail was annoying me, i know dlx makes tons of shapes with weird sizes(8.06, 8.38) does anyone know of any around 8.3-8.5 with big square tails? or companies that use the same woodshop with larger tails?

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
Re: Deluxe Board with big tails
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 09:28:16 AM »
Get an Anti-Hero
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

Schismatic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 4
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 10:53:17 AM »
Get an Anti-Hero

This is generally good advice if you want a bareback board. I had a Brock 8.38 low-pro when they came out and it had a decent tail. A lot of Real boards do, a lot don't. It's tough to say. Just take a cloth ruler into your local and see what they got. I never rode a deathwish board but got one on my wall and it has a good tail.

For me, tail needs to be 6.58-6.75 and almost as steep as the nose. Mellow tail and steep nose on the same board feels awkward, or when there's flat between the back hardware and where the kick starts, essentially turning a 6.5 tail into like a 5.75 if you just measure the inclined part.

If your only option is to order online use Google to try to find top and side angle pics and/or shops that list nose/tail dimensions.

dillanharp

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 12:02:19 PM »
Go stand on one at the shop. Buy the one you like. Fuck is wrong with you people? Day one shit. "But I don't have a shop." Wah. There would be 10,000 less threads on Slap if people did this.

LennyDLXSF

• Rep: 77
  • Deluxe Customer Service
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2014, 10:50:48 AM »
Our 8.25" x 32" shape has one of the larger tails in current shape arsenal. This is true for all three brands.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2014, 11:08:18 PM »
Our 8.25" x 32" shape has one of the larger tails in current shape arsenal. This is true for all three brands.

is the 8.25 the largest tail, or do they sort of hover around the same size for sizes larger than that? I'm riding the granti hero right now and I sadly am not digging it. I can't not ride dlx though.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2014, 11:48:29 PM »
They're all the same

Big tails are for donkeys, can't stand em. NO pop confidence whatsoever

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 978
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2014, 01:53:57 PM »
DLX for sure - I don't know if all three brands use the exact same shape (I would think they do), but the 8.5" AH is magical. Sadly I bought an elephant and have to wait until it's dead to get another AH.