Author Topic: RIP Ryan Kenreich  (Read 24309 times)

dougDfresh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -25
  • "...we are the dreamers of the dream."
Re: RIP Ryan Kenreich
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2014, 07:01:34 PM »
hopefully not true. i remember doing a demo with the society dudes and ryan wanted to drop ecstasy after the demo. i tripped out that he was casual about it. i just smoke a cig with him and he was a real cool dude.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 309
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2014, 08:56:15 PM »
Okay if this is true this is rather upsetting. I always associated him and Jayme Fortune because of seeing them both in the first skate DVD I ever purchased (Opinion) and their subsequent withdrawl from the spotlight (albeit a somewhat slower one for plastic bench nerd).

Seriously though, if this is a joke it's distasteful as fuck. Has there been any sort of substantial confirmation?

Just on people's instagrams. Damn shame if drugs were really the cause of his death
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2014, 08:58:26 PM »
Stay away from pills, they change people I've see nit first hand.

I dont want to hear any slap posters going the same route

Sidewalk Funk.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2014, 11:41:51 PM »

jonnysheen

• Rep: -63
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2014, 04:51:36 AM »
He had a crazy Big brother interview.   Nollie back heels over road gaps were no joke

beazlocal

• Rep: -28
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2014, 08:22:16 AM »
Drugs are so cool

OldmanEpic

« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2014, 08:51:35 AM »
a good example of why skaters should bring back baggy pants

thats f/s flip over a trashcan in a line is boss

RIP ryan

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2014, 03:06:06 PM »
Fucking hell, I mean I guess this doesn't mean shit saying it on a message board in anonymity but my thoughts go out to his family and friends. Rest In Peace Ryan.
I too have seen the effect of pills etc on people and it really does change people so much it's just..weird but I only know of a small amount of people who have died from taking them. Hopefully others can learn from his mistake and just look back and appreciate his skating.
That Darkstar part is short and sweet, seems like it was probably cut short by whatever the fuck was up with his left ankle (bruised beyond recognition in that part, clicks out of place and back in in the credits of opinion, always made me wonder what he did to it). 
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.