Author Topic: Antihero Evicted?  (Read 5748 times)

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 976
  • the moon rules
Re: Antihero Evicted?
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2014, 12:40:53 PM »
the sad part is this is a major play off of what is happening in SF right now. Ive lived here for seven years and the growing tech industry is really changing the face of the city in a lot of different ways. I can personally cite an example, because i got a sixty day eviction notice on my place I've been living at for years because an up and coming wealthy couple bought it and are moving in. Therefore, all tenants rights and such are voided because i live in a building built after 1979. Id like to say fuck you to tracer because not only is the art department hitting the nail on the fuckin head they are pretty up to date on current issues in the environment they find themselves in.
you ever try to get a hotel/motel room in the city? what a nightmare that is. i tried almost 20 different places and everything was booked up for months in advance. i almost had to camp at 3rd and army for a night before i pulled some strings and found somewhere to stay. you're an idiot for hating on deluxe products. tracer may or may not be a troll. he might just be one of those dudes everyone knows one of that has the absolute worst idea of what skating is. it's okay. thunders are the best turning and grinding trucks, spitfires feel the best, and the anti hero eagle board might be the best shape ever
fuck you bama

Lion of Judah

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -3
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2014, 12:45:02 PM »
Isn't Tommy G the art director for Krooked?

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2014, 01:05:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Lot of die hard krooked buyers here, their 5th grade art direction must really appeal to some type of people. Not to mention their team full of the most prominent skaters around, just killing it with the videos
[close]

A part of me agrees with this. I love Gonz art but I feel like the younger kids don't even care about him nor his artwork. I wish they'd make his art work more limited. I know they had another designer one time tweak his work to look more professional. I thought this set looked okay:

the messiness of gonz artwork is part of it's charm. when you clean it up it takes a little of the character away.

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2014, 01:41:02 PM »
i cant agree with tracer, but i will say i wish they (and every pro company) would consider the length a little more. its gotten better, but i love a long board. 8.5 x 32.5, 15" wheelbase. Im a minority though, so i get it. Im jealous of everyone who can pick any board and make it work.

SHARPSHOOTER

« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2014, 03:56:57 PM »
It's like taboo if anyone from SF hates on DLX stuff, I get that. Someone has to mention the boards are too short, thunders break, the wheels flatspot, and noone cares about krooked.
Next thing you'll say is that REAL sucks.

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2014, 10:47:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Lot of die hard krooked buyers here, their 5th grade art direction must really appeal to some type of people. Not to mention their team full of the most prominent skaters around, just killing it with the videos
[close]

A part of me agrees with this. I love Gonz art but I feel like the younger kids don't even care about him nor his artwork. I wish they'd make his art work more limited. I know they had another designer one time tweak his work to look more professional. I thought this set looked okay:

[close]

the messiness of gonz artwork is part of it's charm. when you clean it up it takes a little of the character away.

I agree, those are some of the lamest Krooked graphics I've seen. 
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

otis shredding

« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2014, 11:54:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I agree, those are some of the lamest Krooked graphics I've seen. 
are you kidding? those graphics are good compared to some of the dumb shit they put out now

Spitfire4life

• Rep: -20
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2014, 12:42:09 PM »
i cant agree with tracer, but i will say i wish they (and every pro company) would consider the length a little more. its gotten better, but i love a long board. 8.5 x 32.5, 15" wheelbase. Im a minority though, so i get it. Im jealous of everyone who can pick any board and make it work.
I can't believe anyone would even think of making a 8.25+ under 32'. It just makes no sense. Most 8.5 are like 31.8ish that I've seen, it just feels awkward trying to ride such a wide, but short board.
If you take medical advice from this puddle of retards you are going to die.

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2014, 04:49:43 PM »
the sad part is this is a major play off of what is happening in SF right now. Ive lived here for seven years and the growing tech industry is really changing the face of the city in a lot of different ways. I can personally cite an example, because i got a sixty day eviction notice on my place I've been living at for years because an up and coming wealthy couple bought it and are moving in. Therefore, all tenants rights and such are voided because i live in a building built after 1979. Id like to say fuck you to tracer because not only is the art department hitting the nail on the fuckin head they are pretty up to date on current issues in the environment they find themselves in.

sounds like you know your shit, but have you contact the SF Tenants Union?  They're super cool, and know their shit.  And they're really helpful, especially because they have a good understanding of what's going on in the city right now.  And believe it or not, SF rental laws tend to favor tenants more than landlords. 

Im pretty sure they new owners have to move in and live there for a certain amount of time before they try to rent it.  Keep your eye on the place, if you see them listing it for rent shortly, you may end up owning that house!!!!

I live here too, it's kinda fucked right now.  Best of luck.
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2014, 11:21:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

sounds like you know your shit, but have you contact the SF Tenants Union?  They're super cool, and know their shit.  And they're really helpful, especially because they have a good understanding of what's going on in the city right now.  And believe it or not, SF rental laws tend to favor tenants more than landlords. 

Im pretty sure they new owners have to move in and live there for a certain amount of time before they try to rent it.  Keep your eye on the place, if you see them listing it for rent shortly, you may end up owning that house!!!!

I live here too, it's kinda fucked right now.  Best of luck.
Nah dude, it sounds like he got pretty straight up Ellis Acted. He should keep an eye on it and all, but the landlord types know the law, and that is pretty much the #1 loophole that allows no-fault evictions to happen. Super bummer. I've seen it a lot. I was hanging out with a girl for a bit this summer who got ellis acted last month. Lame shit that is constant in that town, you can't feel secure in your home. I gave up and moved to Oakland, and it ain't so bad. I kind of want to start some sort of skateboarder collective in a warehouse out here, and that actually is possible here, but wouldn't be in SF.
I've seen so many people around SF and Oakland skating the "gentrification bus" antihero board. I was down in sunnyvale and saw a young kid skating it and laughed because I knew he just thought the graphic was neat-o, and didn't know what it is referring to. Those buses are the fucking worse. Cleared out most of the little skater ghetto that was forming down by potrero park real nice and quick.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out