Author Topic: Ace VS Theeve  (Read 9729 times)

ClayH

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 21
Ace VS Theeve
« on: September 06, 2014, 03:30:41 PM »
*Im new so forgive me if I'm in the wrong area*
So I'm getting new trucks and was wondering everyones opinion on Ace 33's vs Theeve TiKings. I ride my trucks medium tightness, and skate pretty much everything. To me these and indy, (which I've ridden 4 pairs of and want to try something different) and thunder are the most popular trucks out there right now.  What are you guys thoughts on the matter?

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Ace VS Theeve
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 03:34:13 PM »
I like ACE, though they are a truck meant for turning so you might not like them.

Prince Nelson

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2014, 03:57:15 PM »
I like ACE, though they are a truck meant for turning so you might not like them.

You are dumber than dirt. All trucks are meant to be able to turn.

I have bent the axles on three sets of Ace 44's in a row within the past month and a half. Ace/Diamond has been very good about the warranty, but they keep bending. I would not recommend them at all. Back to Indy's for me.

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2014, 04:01:29 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I have bent the axles on three sets of Ace 44's in a row within the past month and a half. Ace/Diamond has been very good about the warranty, but they keep bending. I would not recommend them at all. Back to Indy's for me.

Dude said he likes med to tight trucks, something ACE are not designed for. Sorry you had some bad luck, I have been riding ACE since they came out and never bent a set, maybe I just have good luck? And I am not dumb, just have a different opinion then you.

dillanharp

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2014, 04:02:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Dude said he likes med to tight trucks, something ACE are not designed for. Sorry you had some bad luck, I have been riding ACE since they came out and never bent a set, maybe I just have good luck? And I am not dumb, just have a different opinion then you.
No Shawn, you're dumb.

ClayH

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2014, 04:10:11 PM »
Nah not medium to tight. Medium tightness as in like, just in between loose and tight. I rode super tight for my first year or so of skating, then rode insanely loose for about 4 or 5 years. Now for the last two years or so, I've been riding in between.

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2014, 04:14:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
No Shawn, you're dumb.

Hit me up next time you are in Sacramento, love to talk to you face to face.

Spitfire4life

• Rep: -20
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2014, 04:39:12 PM »
From what I heard, ACE feels super loose at all times. Even if you tighten them down, they'll feel pretty loose. In your case I'd say theeve, they're more versatile. And you probably don't need to spend all that money on the titanium kingpin and axle, just get the CSX. I'm 200ish pounds and never bent or broke my CSX's. Plus they're pretty light as it is.
If you take medical advice from this puddle of retards you are going to die.

Prince Nelson

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2014, 06:02:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

What is this different opinion? That Indy's, Thunders, Ventures, etc. are not meant for turning?

ClayH

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2014, 06:05:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

What is this different opinion? That Indy's, Thunders, Ventures, etc. are not meant for turning?
I think what he means is that they are naturally looser and have a tighter turning radius. Probably. Idk.

Prince Nelson

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2014, 06:16:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
I think what he means is that they are naturally looser and have a tighter turning radius. Probably. Idk.

Well then he should say that, instead of stupidly insinuating that trucks other than Ace are not meant for turning.

dillanharp

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2014, 06:23:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
No Shawn, you're dumb.
[close]

Lol I don't go to that shit hole,  but ok

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2014, 05:01:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
No Shawn, you're dumb.
[close]

[close]

What a shock

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2014, 05:02:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Exactly, I never implied that other trucks couldn't be made to turn, ACE are designed to be loose even when tightened down. But I guess I need to spell everything out to people...
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 07:02:31 PM by vegan*shawn »

dillanharp

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2014, 06:50:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
No Shawn, you're dumb.
[close]

[close]
[close]

What a shock
Not really. Hey, are you going to "talk " to me in front of your kids? We have mutual friends, maybe we can all have a delicious brunch. What would we talk about? Will you take me to one of those basement hardcore shows?

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2014, 12:34:11 AM »
If you dont care about turning don't get the Aces- I used em with bones mediums and they were pretty loose no matter how tight they were. you can really feel and control your turns.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Bill

• Rep: -32
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2014, 01:32:08 AM »
Ace trucks are an Indy clone, Mr. Joey was an Indy employee for "many a year"

It's an Indy clone with the best features taken from every Indy, Starting from stage 1's & untill he left

Indys = Ace's
I doubt you'd notice, Even if you wiggle around cones
Rule #1

Fashion Never Function

Spike Hawke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2014, 04:34:09 AM »
Had both and stuck with Theeves, felt more responsive and always have put Bones bushing in my trucks. Theeve come with Bones as standard. Have had the CSX and Tiax. Didnt really notice a huge difference but the CSXs axle started to slip near the end of their use

Prince Nelson

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2014, 05:59:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Exactly, I never implied that other trucks could be made to turn, ACE are designed to be loose even when tightened down. But I guess I need to spell everything out to people...

I will reiterate, you are dumber than dirt. Work on your grammar/wording skills.

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2014, 07:04:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Exactly, I never implied that other trucks could be made to turn, ACE are designed to be loose even when tightened down. But I guess I need to spell everything out to people...
[close]

I will reiterate, you are dumber than dirt. Work on your grammar/wording skills.

I type to fast and don't always proof read, when I am on my computer I am normally doing a few things at once. You can think I'm dumb, at the end of the day I know I am not dumb. XOXOXOXO

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2014, 07:05:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
No Shawn, you're dumb.
[close]

[close]
[close]

What a shock
[close]
Not really. Hey, are you going to "talk " to me in front of your kids? We have mutual friends, maybe we can all have a delicious brunch. What would we talk about? Will you take me to one of those basement hardcore shows?

Now I am curious as to who you are, maybe someday I'd get to find out.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2014, 11:42:50 PM »
Been tiding theeve tiax's since april, and they are great. They are pretty much an updated version of indy stage 7's, which i like. Very stable trucks.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2014, 07:57:52 AM »
Theeves are amazing. Ive been skating them for probably 3 years now, and never had any complains, except that in the first version they did, Bones bushings would blow out. But I skate Indy bushings anyway, and they fit perfect. And you can ride them super loose too, if you want, and they will turn great.

Schismatic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 4
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2014, 10:09:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Gooder "wording skills" is most important on internets. Work on gammaticals is more best!

Schismatic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 4
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2014, 10:22:00 AM »
*Im new so forgive me if I'm in the wrong area*
So I'm getting new trucks and was wondering everyones opinion on Ace 33's vs Theeve TiKings. I ride my trucks medium tightness, and skate pretty much everything. To me these and indy, (which I've ridden 4 pairs of and want to try something different) and thunder are the most popular trucks out there right now.  What are you guys thoughts on the matter?

Why not stick with tried and true Indy's? Stage 11's are the 1st new design since stage 7 that I thought had some great improvements from the previous line.

After 15 or so years of exclusively skating Indys I was lucky enough to get an opportunity to try Thunders for free (147 hi I think) and had bad wheelbite issues until I put Bones bushings in them. Otherwise they were really good, but I'm happy to be back on Independent.

However, if you're dead-set on Ace vs Theeve, seems like Ace is the obvious choice. I've heard a lot of good things about them but I kind of look at Aces as basically a China made Indy knockoff. Just my $0.02.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2014, 04:53:42 PM »
Theeve is the winner hands down

BMCsteve

« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2014, 09:26:16 PM »
I've literally skated every major truck company in the last 15 years and Theeve's are by far the best truck I've ever used.  I've only had the V3 where all of the bulging bushing issues are solved and I currently have them on all 3 of my setups. 

I tried the new Thunder 149 and Indy Ti Stage 11's and neither were anywhere near as good as my Theeves. 

T.L.F

• Rep: -7
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2014, 01:01:57 AM »
Yeah Theeve lead the way . most truck companies are now imitating their trucks features . Plus they come with bones bushings , take no time to wear in are cheaper and last longer . They turn just as well if not better than any truck i have ridden 

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 939
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2014, 05:40:39 PM »
Depends on what you want to do and how loose you ride them.

Nothing is a s turny as ACEs, nothing.

ACE are fantastic carving in bowls but can be squirrly on street. They're also nice and light; some have had issues with axle slip and bending (I had bent 33s 3 years ago, ACE took care of me and even switched to a different model for a replacement).

Theeves, not as carvy as ACE but still very good, on par with Indy, but without all the weight. Theeves turn a bit quicker/sharper than Indy.

Thunders are twitchier/quicker but still stable and light.

EVERY truck is more stable than ACE (unless you use barrel bottoms or hard bones).

The one negative I have with ACE is the lack of a proper 149/8.5"

jack2jack

• Rep: 3
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2014, 02:14:16 AM »
The ones (Ace) i had have had both killed every pivotcup within an hour.
There seems to be something fishy with the angles of the hanger.

never again