Author Topic: Converse help pt.2  (Read 4230 times)

gnarcya

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -2
Converse help pt.2
« on: September 08, 2014, 10:02:08 AM »
Is there anyway to get the insoles out of normal ass chucks??

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
Re: Converse help pt.2
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 12:28:55 PM »
butter knife or whatever, it really isn't that hard, just scrape it out. doesn't matter if the bottom stays flaky, you drop a new insole in there anyways, right?

el chino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -375
  • ants suck!
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 03:40:58 PM »
IF YOU DONT LIKE THEM, DONT BUY THEM JUST TO FIT IN  PUSSY
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>

brandonhinge

• Rep: -9
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 12:55:35 AM »
Microwave them for awhile and the glue will become hot enough for it to rip out
are you putting lunar soles in them?
i perfer normal chucks so i may do the same :)

sports

• Rep: 21
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2014, 05:52:32 AM »
or just don't get shoes that are terrible to skate in...

Slappy_Happy

• Rep: -11
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2014, 11:47:14 AM »
the evidence seems to be in the highwaters.

brandonhinge

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2014, 06:39:59 PM »

but they are the in thing so i need to wear them

brandonhinge

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2014, 06:43:32 PM »
you gotta keep up with the trends bro

oldgoodburger

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2014, 06:49:05 PM »
i found a pair for $26 so i figured why not. i would never spend full retail price to just do weird shit to them... i dont think the people you see skating them think this much about all this extra bullshit.. people don't skate them for their longevity so stop worrying about it and just go fucking skate them.

skate

• Rep: -16
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2014, 06:50:22 PM »

honestly regular chucks are so uncomfortable. like they're still the same from when they first came out, at least upgrade the insole and make them somewhat comfortable
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 06:52:43 PM by skate »

gnarcya

• Rep: -2
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2014, 09:32:45 PM »

to you and the other fuccbois saying fitting in or trending: I actually do like them, just would like them to have a different insole? America fuccboi, we get to do whatever the fuck we want.

sports

• Rep: 21
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2014, 02:43:22 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

to you and the other fuccbois saying fitting in or trending: I actually do like them, just would like them to have a different insole? America fuccboi, we get to do whatever the fuck we want.

i'll be eagerly awaiting the thread "Converse help pt.3" in the meantime

el chino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -375
  • ants suck!
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2014, 03:18:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

i'll be eagerly awaiting the thread "Converse help pt.3" in the meantime
the " how do you insert plastic  shields for primo landings on cons?" thread.
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2016, 06:14:31 PM »
I went to a outlet converse store and got a pair of regular CT's lows for 10 euros, impulse buy. A steal thinking they are usually 60 + euros here. I got 1 size smaller and they still have some free space but since they are canvas and have a rubber toe i think they will not strench that much. Now i want to change that piece of crap insole. Not that i'm planing to skate them, they'll be chillers, but they're bad even to chill in.

Also tried on the Jack purcells slip-ons that Aaron Herrington is using recently. They have that herringbone thread and a zoom air insole, but god, did they look like crap on my feet, the fit was pretty terrible too. Wish they had the regular laced ones, always loved those.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

juuhnuuh

• Rep: -157
  • i love the 90's
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2016, 01:39:11 AM »

honestly regular chucks are so uncomfortable. like they're still the same from when they first came out, at least upgrade the insole and make them somewhat comfortable
[/quote]

Tada! they did that is why there is a chuck taylor 2 with lunarlon and a different outsole.

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2016, 02:30:59 AM »

Tada! they did that is why there is a chuck taylor 2 with lunarlon and a different outsole.
[/quote]
http://www.converse.com/us/en/regular/chuck-taylor-all-star-ii/ID00033.html
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

franquietits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 62
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2016, 06:35:35 AM »
Is there anyway to get the insoles out of normal ass chucks??

I've yanked some out before... it's a nightmare! It's tough because the shits are practically cement-glued in.

I just got a flathead screwdriver and tried jamming it into the underside of the heel until I loosened up some room to put a finger grip on it. I tried scraping up the glue areas with a jabbing motion, while simultaneously pulling the insole away with my other hand until I got deeper and deeper towards the toe. It's no easy task though. Prepare for some sore hands (It took me little by little over the course of a couple of days because of this). I'm sure there's smarter ways of approaching it, than the practical way I did. It won't come out perfect, but at least they'll be out.
Not sure the metal eyelets would go well in a microwave or not, if you wanna try that. Maybe run a hairdryer on high heat over the insoles for a couple of minutes?

I'd definitely forgo the non-skate versions next time if I were you. Some things I didn't like about these skating wise (by the time I got them rolling): 
    -They'll still feel way too thin, regardless of what insoles you replace them with. 
    -The soles are grippy, but have a felt pattern on them that you'll have to burn through for a maximized grip (unless you try stripping em out: good luck, they're a bitch to remove as well).
    -The lateral kickflip area of the sole is okay, but not the nice softer grade of rubber you'd get in normal skate shoes. It's more of a harder kind of grip. Although It lasts long, it won't feel as great as skate ready vulcs that kickflip nice.

All in all, they'll pass as a decent shoe & have that classic feel of regular chucks. My bet is from what I've heard, skate cons will feel way better. Being that they're more skate ready (insoles and better grade of rubber).   

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2016, 10:50:49 AM »
^^ Hey Franquietits, i just microwaved them for 40 sec and the insoles came out pretty easilly. I just used a butter knife to lift up a little in the heel part and yanked them of in one piece. Then i used a vans pro insole and went to school with them, fit is much better. Skated them a little when i arrived and i have to say that they are better than i thought. They have a great flick and good grip (mine didnt had the felt stuff). They arent for sure the type of shoe i'm used to (i'm currently skating some Project BA's haha), but to chill and some casual sessions they're fine i guess. Just wish they werent so low cut, i fell my ankle too exposed.
I remembered later that i have some lunar insoles so i trew them on, they feel a little too thick tho but I think i have pretty much a CONS ctas now.

Just some questions for you guys:

Are the Regular CT cut lower than the Cons ones?
And are the Lunarlon insole in skate Chucks the same thickness as the koston models (mainly the koston huarache)?

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

franquietits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 62
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2016, 09:35:56 PM »
^ Damn, that easy? I should have done the microwave trick. I swear, mine had the toughest grayish rubber adhesive cemented into it. It ran the length of the shoe from heel to toe. The insoles were those really dense, classic converse type. I threw etc hi pro's into mine. 
I agree they're pretty low & not the most secure. I turned my ankle in them recently.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2016, 06:03:41 AM »
^ Damn, that easy? I should have done the microwave trick. I swear, mine had the toughest grayish rubber adhesive cemented into it. It ran the length of the shoe from heel to toe. The insoles were those really dense, classic converse type. I threw etc hi pro's into mine. 
I agree they're pretty low & not the most secure. I turned my ankle in them recently.

Yeah, mine did have that grayish rubber. But the microwave heats the glue up so they came out with a little to no effort.
I may skate them from time to time, i never skated a canvas shoe before so i'm curious about it.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2016, 05:37:42 AM »
Wait wait wait. Aren't the metal eyelets a hazard on the microwave? I'm asking because of another shoe, but I guess it applies. I'm worried about the results.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2016, 05:57:33 AM »
Wait wait wait. Aren't the metal eyelets a hazard on the microwave? I'm asking because of another shoe, but I guess it applies. I'm worried about the results.

Well, mine didnt exploded or anything... it was chill.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

20matar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2016, 03:03:06 PM »
I just wouldn't sleep well at night if I didn't try that, even though it sounded foolish and you have a MC Brinquedo avatar. But guess what, it worked like a charm and nothing remotely funny or noteworthy or even terrifying happened to my microwave or myself. The shoes fit better, too. Thanks a bunch!

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2016, 04:06:14 PM »
I just wouldn't sleep well at night if I didn't try that, even though it sounded foolish and you have a MC Brinquedo avatar. But guess what, it worked like a charm and nothing remotely funny or noteworthy or even terrifying happened to my microwave or myself. The shoes fit better, too. Thanks a bunch!

You're welcome brah!

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

20matar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2016, 05:52:16 AM »
I ended up getting a pair of Chucks. DO NOT let it in the microwave for more than 40 seconds. It worked well with one shoe, but as soon as it went after that mark the metal eyelet started to send sparkles. Nothing major happened, but the shoe got a little burned around the eyelet. That being said, it still worked better, but don't play with fire, lest you piss the bed at night.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2016, 06:27:12 AM »
I ended up getting a pair of Chucks. DO NOT let it in the microwave for more than 40 seconds. It worked well with one shoe, but as soon as it went after that mark the metal eyelet started to send sparkles. Nothing major happened, but the shoe got a little burned around the eyelet. That being said, it still worked better, but don't play with fire, lest you piss the bed at night.

Ahahah damn, mine didnt done anything. I often forgot my spoon in the bowl of cereal and milk and let it on the microwave for 1 min or more. It will catch flames sooner or later!!  :D

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP