Poll

Is your dad bettr than you?

yea bro
Nah brah

Author Topic: Is your Dad better than You?  (Read 2735 times)

shark tits

Re: Is your Dad better than You?
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2014, 11:12:23 PM »
doesn't answer the question but i always dug this song

Wizard Fight

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2014, 12:44:34 PM »
doesn't answer the question but i always dug this song

That and this song are my two favorite Hail Seizures songs. They might also be the only two I know. I remember listening to "Iliad" over and over on my friend's walkman while waiting for a train in Minot, North Dakota, in October, behind an abandoned building in the rain, lying in these shelves like a bunk bed to stay dry but getting eaten by mosquitos. The walkman was this little tape player crackbox with a built in speaker and the only tapes my road dawg had were that Hail Seizures album and The Smiths "Strangeways". An IM rolled up after an hour and a half and it was all pigs, and there were two kids on the train on the pig in front of us. When we rolled into Minneapolis, upon stopping, the bull immediately rolled up on the two kids in front with cop lights and siren on. We just booked it and made it out. We met the two kids that got caught later that day and they said they didn't get a ticket but the bull took their picture, and the camera flash made the girl Tabs reflexively vomit on the bull's shoes.

My dad is a better human than me in almost every way but to answer the question, he is not better than me at skating.

shark tits

« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2014, 01:42:02 PM »
nice, i try to get into their other songs but daddy is the only one i like. piggyback is the worst. there's actually worse cars to ride but piggy is the worst one i've rode interstate. i've done it a few times and always say never again. see also coal. i don't learn......

G raham

• Rep: -49
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2014, 02:44:16 PM »
Nup.
Well guys, there's nothing better than getting out there and skateboarding. - Shane O'Neill.

Wizard Fight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2014, 09:28:15 PM »
nice, i try to get into their other songs but daddy is the only one i like. piggyback is the worst. there's actually worse cars to ride but piggy is the worst one i've rode interstate. i've done it a few times and always say never again. see also coal. i don't learn......

Piggyback sucks but nowadays they got those plastic skirts or wings that make it so you can ride without being seen and it's less windy and rainy. I haven't ridden in a coal car but the coal trains I've ridden have a bunch of DPUs which is chill. I don't know if it's possible for you to get buried and unable to get out, but you do gotta be careful riding a loaded gondola. A kid in Salt Lake got cut in half by a load of rebar that shifted while moving a couple years back. It impaled him and pinned him to the wall, and the cops found him, still alive, conscious and talking,  but medics couldn't save him because his body split in two and he bled out when they moved the rebar. Fucking awful.

You got any skate clips on trains? I'm hijacking this thread.

- Daewon gapping into a boxcar @2:44

- I know Rodney has some tricks into those boxcars too in Round Three.

- Apparently Scott Bourne was riding trains:

- Arizona photographer Brad Westcott is the fucking man! Never met him but we traded some mail once. Sick photos, they all make his life look like the best. I saw his zine written up in Thrasher a year or two back. Found this interview towards the bottom, scroll down hella: http://www.streetcanoe.com/features/

- This was the fun stuff I brought on a trip to Portland once.

- Once I did a kickflip in a gondola going over the continental divide in Colorado, but I was by myself so no one believed me. I did however get a clip of my friend doing a barefoot pop shove in a rolling boxcar this August, clip's gonna get used somewhere.

- Of course there's all sorts of clips with dudes skating ditches with freight going by in the background, and Brooklyn Spot in Portland (R.I.P)
@0:47

- I want to see someone wallride a train like Fred Gall wallrode that bus:

shark tits

« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2014, 09:43:25 PM »
sadly i don't have any clips. did most of my riding solo. i've cracked open the doors and done ollies in boxcars as scenery goes by, prolly about it for skating trains. yeah, i'll usually catch a unit if it's coal but not always immediately. like when we side out somewhere i 'upgrade'.
i got an empty coalt train in memphis, dopesick. tough titties climbing up the slant to the top of the wall in the middle of train then humping your way along to the ladder. in a downpour.
sucked, my script got wet, indian dr wouldn't write me a new one then finally it dried and i got my benzos. jeesh!
i rode a gondola fulla fullpipes once. ran out of water and wandered off delerious sans board. was sposedta be willard, oh to chicago but it rained so much i just stayed in the fullpipe, slept and got off in kansas city, ks.
was a doublestack kid for a while, went through a unit phase [lotsa arrests during that one] and sometimes i'd just get train happy and catch the first thing smoking.