Author Topic: Who do you think will be the first non-white Huf team rider  (Read 8369 times)

gnidraobetaks

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 22
  • this is joab
Re: Who do you think will be the first non-white Huf team rider
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2014, 03:37:28 PM »
Wait, I thought dylan was Puerto Rican?

Gotta manscape ... it's mandatory.

nice_guy_2

« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2014, 04:12:09 PM »
lol at the person who said to recognize the fact they'res no white skaters on Huf was being racist

dillanharp

« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2014, 04:13:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Yeah, when a business hires mostly white men, nobody ever questions it, I mean, aside from in EVERY INDUSTRY.
http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/08/12/apples-diversity-mirrors-other-tech-companies/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0
But hey, this isn't technology, its sports. And if you look at sports like the NBA and the NFL it becomes clear that there just aren't that many african american athletes.... ::) ::) ::)
[close]

When I worked for AIG, we actually had a diversity program and through it, hired a black man and woman. I just thought that was funny that they need a program for it. But corporate companies are funny like that. It's as stereotypical as it gets. At my old job, most all managers are white men, very few women on the top tier, average workers are white and asian with a sprinkle of other races in there and you lower tier workers that are like filers and what not are all minorities from Filipinos, mexicans, blacks, etc. We even had a management department that does all the bitch work for our building from moving desks and other manual laborers and none of them were white.�
[close]
You don't consider Filipinos Asian?
[close]

They don't even consider themselves Asian. Actually last time I took a survey, they did have the category Pacific Islander. I went to a school with a huge Filipino population and the last thing they wanted to be known as was Asian. The whole pacific islander thing is weird. I know a guy in the Philippines and no one says that at all. It's like a Filipino American thing.

You must know the shitty Filipinos who think they're hawaiian and wear that awful cukui shit. My wife is Filipino, she considers herself Asian. She can't stand the kids previously mentioned. It's weird, people from Singapore, Malaysia or Japan don't pull that pacific islander bullshit.

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2014, 06:52:56 PM »
Huf has yet to turn up
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

imgne

« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2014, 07:33:10 PM »
Expand Quote
skateboarding is predominately white. most owners of companies are white. most companies advertise to white skaters.
most us non-white skaters understand that and are cool with it.
[close]
idk man, if you ever been or go to LES park you'll see how not-white skateboarding has become, and I definitely think reflecting that more in companies would be nothing but a good thing.

Also I bet Clinten is white af and doesn't recognize his own white privilege. You know who gives a fuck? Non-white people...

He's very white indeed and is from one of the most racist countries in the world... STRAYA!

Truth be told, I hadn't posted on here in a while so I figured I'd pump out an un-necessary rant to fuel a bit of discussion for the thread.. Kudo's for calling me out on the whole white privilege though, although I'm well aware of it, it doesn't make much of a difference when the vast majority of white people aren't aware of it.

#1 Tic-Tacker

• Rep: -5
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2014, 08:48:52 PM »
Ups to all the Pals that want a little more #TeamDiversity to #TeamHandsome

yapple dapple

« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2014, 08:57:26 PM »
stupid Question, but I'll Bite.

I would buy the fuck out of Keenan Milton shoe. Only,If only the proceeds went to the family.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2014, 09:09:25 PM »
what a funny thread. name me 1 good black american skater not hooked up. Huf is doing great, they don't need to expand their team

#1 Tic-Tacker

• Rep: -5
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2014, 09:53:29 PM »
Non-white doesn't necessarily mean black. What's Jose Rojo up to?

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2014, 11:22:21 PM »
Enjoi will have a groundbreaking unexpected video ::)
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby