Author Topic: Looking for a paris spot  (Read 4341 times)

artichoke

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Looking for a paris spot
« on: September 24, 2014, 01:03:28 PM »
Hey all,
I just booked a trip to Paris.  I've been dying to skate these brick banks since 'way out east' came out (remember when the stereo reboot was cool?) but they aren't on any of the spot maps i've found on the internet.  Does anybody know where they are?

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
Re: Looking for a paris spot
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 09:19:36 PM »
I found them for you. Amongst the buildings just north of Lac Creteil, they can be seen on the satellite imagery.

I hope the Sundial is still skateable. That globe bowl/cradle thing looks fun as well.

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 09:35:55 AM »
^Yep, get off at the creteil prefecture stop on the 8 line. Also make sure to skate the plaza that is at the same stop. They are both on this map under the banlieue section.

http://www.slideguide.com/grindguide-spot-paris/ile-de-france-skatepark-skateboard-roller-bmx-spots-paris.htm

There are a few other spots right around there too although those two spots are so perfect you dont really need anything else. Have fun! Report back here if you have any more questions. I miss paris blah blah blah...
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

artichoke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 10:00:04 AM »
Whoa, I didn't realize that slideguide website had the banlieue section.  Cheers to both of you for the help.

I'm going with shorty so other than venturing out there i'll probably just stick to skating the ledges / flat at Palace de la Republique.  Unless you have any other must-skate attractions?  We're probably staying in St. Germain, for whatever that's worth.

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 09:23:56 AM »
This is the only spot I know of in St Germain, you will probably run into it, and it's pretty crazy. Just getting to the spots you mentioned seems like a pretty good accomplishment on a non-skate trip. Have fun.

I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2014, 06:47:43 AM »
go skate some hills if you got the time. they're not as steep as SF, but the pavement is so much smoother. it's my favorite thing to do whenever I go back to the city.
you can start at Porte des Lilas and go down all the way to Republique for instance.
(it's Place de la Republique by the way, not Palace   ;)   )

Musee d'Orsay is a cool spot too, real close to St Germain. And I used to skate Rue des Saint Peres in that neighborhood too, but it's been skate-stopped to death.

bon voyage cher ami et amuse-toi bien!!