Author Topic: Nashville  (Read 206 times)

Kfresh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 8
Nashville
« on: June 21, 2023, 12:09:59 PM »
Hey everyone, Im new to the forums here. I'll be visiting Nashville (from Toronto) next month and was curious if there were any spots/local shops worth checking out? I usually try to pick up some shop merch when I travel and google hasn't been much help for Nashville.

Thanks in advance everyone.

biaherl

• Rep: 264
    • Why So Sad avatar image
Re: Nashville
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2023, 02:26:05 PM »
Hey everyone, Im new to the forums here. I'll be visiting Nashville (from Toronto) next month and was curious if there were any spots/local shops worth checking out? I usually try to pick up some shop merch when I travel and google hasn't been much help for Nashville.

Best shop got destroyed in a tornado in 2019 the other shop is a skatepark attached to a church, you don't have to hold hands and pray at every purchase but they would love for you to do that. Last time I was there I went to try the new park in Dickson, there was a shop there but it was more of a kids corner in his mom's crystal hippy shop

I always buy a complete and give to someone when I visit and leave a place. I was in middle Tennessee so I had to go to zumiez to get a board, they were cool there but it's the only time I've been in a zumiez. There was no one to give my board to it was town of annoying scooter kids. I gave it to a kid at my local park that said he wanted to learn how to skate shaped boards

Last time I visit Toronto I went to BTL, So Hip and Hammer and was able to give my stuff to kids learning on a perfect mini ramp next to a converted street hockey rink with obstacles.

There's more info on Nashville if you use the search button but I think this link will work

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?action=search2

Stride

• Rep: -2
  • noloskateboarding.com
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2023, 03:33:54 PM »
Shops - Compound, Cecil's,  Sixth Avenue Skatepark

Spots - Legislative Plaza, Cumberland Park, Music Garden, The Parthenon, Commerce Street US Bank, Bridgestone Arena.

GumOnMyGrip

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Rep: 221
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2023, 07:21:12 PM »

Shoot me a msg and let me know what you like to skate. We will take care of you. Poster above talking about scooter kids has no clue.
Also congrats on picking the absolute hottest and most humid time of year to visit.

Kfresh

• Rep: 8
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2023, 04:31:50 AM »
Haha. Yeah, my pale Canadian ass isnt loiking forward to the Nashville heat. My wife has a work thing there, so I'm just tagging along for the free trip. I dig Jack White so i figured I'd check out the third man shop there. But its been tougher finding skate shit online.

Thanks bro, I'll definitely hit you up closer to the date.