Author Topic: #jkjhnsn interview.  (Read 14040 times)

Hairy Ballsagna

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 32
Re: #jkjhnsn interview.
« Reply #60 on: September 29, 2014, 09:05:48 PM »
Sure Jake, you can quit skateboarding and become an "engineer for life underwater or life in outer space."

wake and bacon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
  • ∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2014, 10:50:02 PM »
jake seems like one of those guys that will never stop skating, regardless of the job situation in his life. he's so clearly a lifer for lack of a better phrase and one way or another we will all get to enjoy his talent throughout the years so i say he should do what he sees fit, the rest will follow
:) I must have been tripping last night

nice_guy_2

« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2014, 07:02:51 PM »
this interview was more inspiring than any recent webclip including the really good ones like circa house and dylan commericals

this interview has separated jkjhnsn from the flith and pollution that is skateboarding 2014

this interview will be remebered as the first real outcry about the current state of 'things'

jkjhnsn should have been born 10 years earlier and had a trick in modus operandi montage

nice_guy_2

« Reply #63 on: September 30, 2014, 07:03:23 PM »
plz sticky this thread

shark tits

« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2014, 07:51:36 PM »
jj is gonna make a real rain, wash the skunk pussy and the scum off the street spots.

QUIT SINNIN

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
  • PATSY
« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2014, 10:35:13 PM »
so who does heath get boards from now?

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2014, 11:01:08 PM »
Start your own company man!

Nah....be the voice of your generation and threaten to go to college.....

C

• Rep: 0
« Reply #67 on: October 01, 2014, 02:38:52 AM »

Prince Nelson

« Reply #68 on: October 01, 2014, 05:19:03 AM »

It took me a minute of staring at that to realize its switch. he is the best.

darkslideoftheforce

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -24
« Reply #69 on: October 01, 2014, 05:43:18 AM »
^^well fuck, I didn't realized it 'till you pointed it out. Jake is simply amazing (..and switch god)

shark tits

« Reply #70 on: October 01, 2014, 06:08:24 AM »

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #72 on: October 01, 2014, 06:58:47 AM »
It's pretty respectable to see that Jake wants to be outside of that whole Supreme/Dill bubble even though it would be very very very easy for him to just call up a Strobeck, move back to new york and wear a bunch of expensive t-shirts and smoke a cigar. I think what he's trying to do now is way harder than anything he's done before. (some new york footage would be nice though heh)

this quote

"There was a time when you got beat up, because you were a skateboarder, but now you beat kids up, because they're not skateboarders. It's like we becoming bullies. It's not cool"

just made me think of how shitty those dudes were in IC2. Jake's completely on the mark about everything.

If Alien ever comes back he's gotta be the guy. There's still a way to do the company that would be really different from what's in skateboarding right now and he seems like the only guy with the vision for it. I hope they all collectively change their minds and make it happen.

I would disagree that Carter doesn't care, he went to brooklyn to do a showing of Memory Screen and seemed like he just wanted to keep doing workshop. Mike Hill seems the most bummed just because he placed a lot of trust in the people around him as much if not more than Jake. That shiesty wearhouse really was the soul of the company, I saw pictures of the inside of it and it was pretty cool. Alien is the only company I ever really liked and it's still really weird not seeing them in shops.

I hope things workout for him, he's too fucking talented to be broke from skateboarding.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #73 on: October 01, 2014, 09:55:37 AM »
I think after reading that his main reason for wanting Dyrdek off is that Alien couldn't reinvent/return to its roots as a small independent brand with him being the brands most recognizable face. It wasn't like Howard or Templeton still having a board as they were mostly for just their skating whereas Rob's fame has transcended skateboarding. I also think Jake was just in general disenfranchised with Alien damaging its brand by trying to keep the same cash flow it always had by selling out and basically becoming a mall brand rather than downsize and rebrand. Especially because the plot to do this would of hurt local skate shops just to keep Alien profitable.

Heather Chandler

« Reply #74 on: October 01, 2014, 11:12:51 AM »
Fuck me gently with a chainsaw...that was a great read.  The skateboarding industry is a homosexual.  I love my dead gay industry.

shark tits

« Reply #75 on: October 01, 2014, 02:26:26 PM »
Fuck me gently with a chainsaw...that was a great read.  The skateboarding industry is a homosexual.  I love my dead gay industry.
what a great post! if you're condsidering teenage suicide, don't do it!

6feetdeep

• Rep: -1
« Reply #76 on: October 01, 2014, 02:35:48 PM »

i really hope he goes back and gets that fakie ollie wallride, looks amazing

zippy z

« Reply #77 on: October 01, 2014, 05:31:27 PM »
Jake is sick, and I agree he's smart, so he'd be fucking himself over with Alien by saying all that negative stuff about everyone in charge of Alien. My guess is this is a manicured offering to set the stage for a phoenix-like return.

dougDfresh

• Rep: -25
  • "...we are the dreamers of the dream."
« Reply #78 on: October 01, 2014, 05:38:44 PM »
when i first started reading this i was like, "ok, homeboy has got loot and could talk all this smack on how stressful being a pro skater is and how he is going to take time to find the purity in skateboarding" .... and then as i read on he is candid about his debt, joining converse, his perspective about the workshop's main problem (communication), being in high school is not awesome when you're the skater bully (dill and company) etc... i was like "fuck! this dude gets it." not since jon holland's video on squints, "limitless and free" have i felt a connection to the spirit of skateboarding that i had as a kid. very cool read!

yungthug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #79 on: October 01, 2014, 05:41:52 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It took me a minute of staring at that to realize its switch. he is the best.
I could probably do that regular. But switch? Damn, that's sick.

ChillMurray

• Rep: -36
« Reply #80 on: October 01, 2014, 06:01:07 PM »
It's pretty respectable to see that Jake wants to be outside of that whole Supreme/Dill bubble even though it would be very very very easy for him to just call up a Strobeck, move back to new york and wear a bunch of expensive t-shirts and smoke a cigar. I think what he's trying to do now is way harder than anything he's done before. (some new york footage would be nice though heh)

Not sure if he lives in New York or not but I saw Jake from the opposite side of the subway platform waiting for the train about 3 weeks ago. He had a fresh Krooked board set up with another Krooked deck with him. I obviously didn't yell across the platform at him and tell him how sick his skating was. He started reading a book when he saw 4 dudes with boards realized we were witnessing a Jake Johnson appearance. Had a 15 second conversation with Gonz at the courthouse the same day. Good skate trip for sure!
RIP Pimp C