Author Topic: Insurgency  (Read 1956 times)

foureyedjim

Insurgency
« on: September 28, 2014, 05:43:26 PM »
If you have a decent PC that can run CS source, I suggest this game.
It's more "tactical" than some of the other shooters out there since the bullet damage is high and the game itself is "hardcore mode" but people actually use the mic and it can get intense.  Best of all, it feels polished even though graphics and engine itself are dated.
It's up on steam and not expensive.

skate_bored

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Insurgency
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 02:00:10 PM »
It's more "tactical" than some of the other shooters out there since the bullet damage is high and the game itself is "hardcore mode" but people actually use the mic and it can get intense.  Best of all, it feels polished even though graphics and engine itself are dated.

Wow is it still out there? i grew up playing CS 1.6 and then Source, but Insurgency was the best because of the "tactical" feel. I tried to play a few years ago and could only find 1 or 2 servers. Did it ever get any new maps or graphic updates? I will literally build a PC within the next 2 weeks just to get back into this game.

foureyedjim

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2014, 02:24:06 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Wow is it still out there? i grew up playing CS 1.6 and then Source, but Insurgency was the best because of the "tactical" feel. I tried to play a few years ago and could only find 1 or 2 servers. Did it ever get any new maps or graphic updates? I will literally build a PC within the next 2 weeks just to get back into this game.

They had quite a few updates and a free weekend with a discount for people who wanted to buy the full game.  There's always servers that have people playing as far I know.  So yeah, get to it! 

oh yeah, and add me on steam: SmartestDumbGuy
 8) 8) 8)

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014, 07:47:41 AM »
I worked as a 3d designer for Insurgency back in the day when it was a HL2 mod.. I made some crappy doorway which was featured in almost every single level ;D

Is the standalone version any good?

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2014, 02:34:22 PM »
I worked as a 3d designer for Insurgency back in the day when it was a HL2 mod.. I made some crappy doorway which was featured in almost every single level ;D

This must be the version I remember. The only map I can recall ever getting much play was the road approaching a bridge, with a town to the right hand side. Such a fun time. Give me a few weeks and I'll have the $400 for a gaming system!

foureyedjim

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2014, 03:45:01 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

This must be the version I remember. The only map I can recall ever getting much play was the road approaching a bridge, with a town to the right hand side. Such a fun time. Give me a few weeks and I'll have the $400 for a gaming system!

I never played the mod so I don't know what changes were made.  I think it's really fun, although they need to fix a few of the hitboxes for walls and rocks (especially on one map) since if you aim too close to the edge it'll shoot into the wall/rock itself.

As for maps there's quite a few, and the devs are currently running a mapping contest so expect some user created ones to show up in rotation eventually.

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2014, 02:48:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I never played the mod so I don't know what changes were made.  I think it's really fun, although they need to fix a few of the hitboxes for walls and rocks (especially on one map) since if you aim too close to the edge it'll shoot into the wall/rock itself.

As for maps there's quite a few, and the devs are currently running a mapping contest so expect some user created ones to show up in rotation eventually.

sounds awesome. as soon as I get a PC built up, hopefully in the next couple paychecks, i'll hit you up. we just made an internet friendship.