Author Topic: Berrics - In Transition (Daewon, Greyson, Raney, Rayborn, Burnquist etc.)!!  (Read 33499 times)

yep

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
 While both are gnarly, Tom and Greyson are hugely overrated. They both have 10 tricks in their bag max. Raemers is the best one yet for sure.

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
All so good, Greyson was insane, that front blunt was nuts, he ollied into it! So fucking good.

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
TNT-Flower Shop like previously mentioned
Grant-4th Ward
Raven-Wherever he skates usually
this contest is blowing it

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
TNT is shit compared to the new breed of transition skaters. There. Somebody had to say it. Also, he is an arrogant douchebag. No shit people woudn't want him in their contest. Why would you invite him when you can invite better skaters who aren't obnoxious piles of shit.

That said, Remillard's part crushed it. His skating was amazing- I feel like good tranny parts should show a nice flow of lines, not just big hits on walls. His part had both, and the filming and music were rad.

Grant-4th Ward
Dude, good point. Other transition skaters do exist. How dare the Berrics.
You ever think some dudes just don't want to be in a contest like this?
And has anybody seen footy of Trujillo at the tiny-ass flowershop that makes you think that would be a good place to film a part for him, or are you just combining a "cool" bay area diy spot and a "cool" skater? Nobody is winning a contest like this at the tiny ass flower shop when other people are skatng Washington St. Lower Bobs, and other AMAZING diy.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Harsh_euro_barge

Yep Reamers is way ahead for me so far. Enjoyed everything about this - great skating, great track and the location I expected.

jorge

• SLAP Pal
TNT is shit compared to the new breed of transition skaters. There. Somebody had to say it. Also, he is an arrogant douchebag. No shit people woudn't want him in their contest. Why would you invite him when you can invite better skaters who aren't obnoxious piles of shit.

That said, Remillard's part crushed it. His skating was amazing- I feel like good tranny parts should show a nice flow of lines, not just big hits on walls. His part had both, and the filming and music were rad.

Expand Quote
Grant-4th Ward
[close]
And has anybody seen footy of Trujillo at the tiny-ass flowershop that makes you think that would be a good place to film a part for him, or are you just combining a "cool" bay area diy spot and a "cool" skater? Nobody is winning a contest like this at the tiny ass flower shop when other people are skatng Washington St. Lower Bobs, and other AMAZING diy.
Those other transition skaters that exist happen to be on another level from the ones so far.  Hating on TNT is fucking ridiculous.
And seeing footage from such a messed up place like flower shop is absolutely sick whatever dude.  Go Raney.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Grant-4th Ward
[close]
[close]
Those other transition skaters that exist happen to be on another level from the ones so far.  Hating on TNT is fucking ridiculous.
And seeing footage from such a messed up place like flower shop is absolutely sick whatever dude.  Go Raney.
So you agree those kids are better than Trujillo, and he couldn't compete on their level. When was the last time you saw something truly impressive by Trujillo? Dude had a kid and got lazy, and his attitude is absolute shit. I have no reason to back him. Go Raney.

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
While both are gnarly, Tom and Greyson are hugely overrated. They both have 10 tricks in their bag max. Raemers is the best one yet for sure.

this

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
TNT still obsolete since his in bloom part.

victor doom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
  • "Have no fear of perfection, you'll never reach it
Awesome that Raemers used that one Portishead track.

Brent212

• Rep: 1
Grant-4th Ward

Add in Brad McClain at Moorpark.

HyperBeam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -58
pretty sure tnt is really gnarly.

eSHkidd

• Rep: -2
Expand Quote
Grant-4th Ward
[close]

Raven at hometown Santa Cruz downtown Park or Derby?

Can't understand Greyson hate. Style for miles. Saying he only has 10 tricks is a joke. There's footage of every grab imaginable, EVERY frontside grind/slide on the biggest things: board, blunt, noseblunt, feeble,smith,5-0,5050,tail,nosegrind,etc. No complies+stapleguns all the time. fs180 switch 5-0? hes got most of the bs stuff too, including, as seen, losi.

10 tricks x 5.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Grant-4th Ward
[close]

[close]

Can't understand Greyson hate. Style for miles. Saying he only has 10 tricks is a joke. There's footage of every grab imaginable, EVERY frontside grind/slide on the biggest things: board, blunt, noseblunt, feeble,smith,5-0,5050,tail,nosegrind,etc. No complies+stapleguns all the time. fs180 switch 5-0? hes got most of the bs stuff too, including, as seen, losi.

10 tricks x 5.
On top of that, real transition skating isn't about just doing as many tricks as you can, its about how and where you do them, along with the lines you draw doing them. Greyson charges and has, by far, the sickest frontside ollie on transition in the game. Can he Mctwist? who gives a shit?
Same goes with Remillard. Washington st. is GNARLY. Dude did some crazy lines there.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
Watches Raemers part 5 times today, dude can skate anything like a boss.

ADOLF SHITLER

raemers part was good but that park look pretty small and mellow besides that far bowl. greysn fletcher was flying but washington st is so more like a pool wall then mammoth. id give it to greyson so far tho that last frontside ollie  :o

jorge

• SLAP Pal
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Grant-4th Ward
[close]

[close]

10 tricks x 5.
[close]
On top of that, real transition skating isn't about just doing as many tricks as you can, its about how and where you do them, along with the lines you draw doing them. Greyson charges and has, by far, the sickest frontside ollie on transition in the game. Can he Mctwist? who gives a shit?
Same goes with Remillard. Washington st. is GNARLY. Dude did some crazy lines there.
Jason Jessee Steve Bailey Steve Claar Grant more than a couple others I'm forgetting all got something to say about that.  "By far?"  Nope.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
That curved wall Raemers 5-0 fakies across does not seem mellow or easy to skate in any fashion. That said, he shines on different stuff than the usual big tranny, he's got cool lines, and manages to fly out and back in on any obstacle that finds itself near or on top of a transition. I liked it, though he probably won't win. Don't care really, I just get hyped on all this good transition footy being released all at once!

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Grant-4th Ward
[close]

[close]

10 tricks x 5.
[close]
[close]
Jason Jessee Steve Bailey Steve Claar Grant more than a couple others I'm forgetting all got something to say about that.  "By far?"  Nope.
You have such an annoying and shitty view of skating. Do you just simply base your opinions on accepted views, or do you have any ideas of your own?
By far? In my opinion FUCK YES. Your opinions posted in this thread have been shit from start to finish.

dadstyle

• Rep: -1
Pizza in the UK blows.

doublesteveburger

youtube links anyone?

Senrud

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 54
    • Twatter avatar image
These have all been great so far. I'm partial to Tom's. it's crazy that its all follow filming

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
Raney's part probably won't win, but its sick. That spot is a weird combination of absolutely perfect and a death trap. The transitions are poured well, it has an amazing flow to it, but some perfectly placed gigantic cracks and weird debris all over it can ruin your day quickly. Its also intentionally made in a way that makes it really tough to skate. If you can draw a good line, you can hit some gnarly, but again, smooth and well poured, hips and lips.

ben shraider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -264
Raney's park looks so hard to skate, like you really have to know what you're doing to get enough speed to some things. Fits Raney's style perfectly I think.

Also I was surprised on Ben's part, didn't really remember he's able to blast it like that. 5-0 to fakie on that thing looks like the scariest trick ever

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 79
Fletcher and Remillard's parts were my favorites so far.......they both have awesome style methinks.

I really liked that alley oop fs tailblock thingie by Beres though. Am I the only one to think he looks/skate exactly like Tim Upson ?

iwishilivedinfinla

These have all been great so far. I'm partial to Tom's. it's crazy that its all follow filming

grant schubert killed it harder than tom did

jorge

• SLAP Pal
That curved wall Raemers 5-0 fakies across does not seem mellow or easy to skate in any fashion. That said, he shines on different stuff than the usual big tranny, he's got cool lines, and manages to fly out and back in on any obstacle that finds itself near or on top of a transition. I liked it, though he probably won't win. Don't care really, I just get hyped on all this good transition footy being released all at once!

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Grant-4th Ward
[close]

[close]

10 tricks x 5.
[close]
[close]
[close]
You have such an annoying and shitty view of skating. Do you just simply base your opinions on accepted views, or do you have any ideas of your own?
By far? In my opinion FUCK YES. Your opinions posted in this thread have been shit from start to finish.
sweet let me add another opinion based on accepted views, Gonz.

Harsh_euro_barge

Raney killed it.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Grant-4th Ward
[close]

[close]

10 tricks x 5.
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
sweet let me add another opinion based on accepted views, Gonz.
Sorry, let me clarify. Your opinions aren't your own based on accepted views, it is just you repeating them. It would be like if I said something like Jaws ollies the gnarliest shit right now and you said "I think Natas, Jeremy Wray, and Frankie Hill might have something to say about that!"  And Grant is Phelps' mancrush, but his ollies are nothing compared to Greyson.

abudabi

how do you know he doesnt like those guys frontside ollies? you cant disqualify someones tastes just because theyre popular

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
First of all, even if that is his honest opinion, its a stupid response to my point about how sick Greyson's are, because their frontside ollies take nothing from his. Second of all, sure, Jason Jessee pioneered the floaty frontside ollie pretty much, and Gonz has his own sick lazy foot thing going which is amazing. But the clear fact is, neither of them were floating half as high or taking them to nearly as gnarly of spots as Greyson does. Do they deserve respect? Sure, they were doing it first, and nobody will ever do them again with the same kind of style, and Greyson is standing on their shoulders. But I don't think anybody watches any of those guys and thinks Greyson's aren't as good, unless they remember old dudes telling them who is best (or they are one of said old dudes) and decided that is how it always will be. Go Raney.