Author Topic: What are YOU carrying?  (Read 5193 times)

essal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
Re: What are YOU carrying?
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2014, 04:34:28 AM »
I can't legally carry a knife, unless I'm hiking or on duty.. I have a bunch of knives, my current favorite is a SOG Trident, which has been a workhorse so far. I also like the CRKT M series blades because of their Carson flipper design.
Leatherman Wave is the best MT out there, I have 3 of them at the moment...

baroque_0bama

• Rep: 21
  • Feathers McGraw
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2014, 08:10:27 AM »
I have a assisted release that I bought in chinatown for $12 that I only use to cut boxes at work. I left it in my pocket last saturday and slept at a girls house that night, havent seen it since. Pretty uncomfortable asking a girl you had a one night stand with if she's seen your shitty switchblade in her house...

dillanharp

« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2014, 08:48:02 AM »
Are you guys all outdoors men or rapists?

Stopped fucking around with knives when I was 12.

Out of interest,  how many of you carrying are from the US?
you're a condescending peice of shit.

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2014, 09:48:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Are you guys all outdoors men or rapists?

Stopped fucking around with knives when I was 12.

[close]

Yeah, sorry if I come off that way.

I imagine it is partly due to culture and me being a cunt...

However, i was at one of this country's biggest protest spots today (Mong Kok) and I was glad I could be there  without even worrying about guns and knives and shit...

"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2014, 04:47:07 PM »
Now, would you say he's "oozing condenscation through his pores" doe?

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 326
  • Low Scovilles
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2014, 05:13:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Are you guys all outdoors men?
[close]

I work for the USFS so do i get a pass?
On some enthocentrism shit, can you not carry knifes in other countries freely? How do you cut rope in your homelands?

kershaws are cool. they have lifetime sharpening and aren't too expensive. nothing is better than a benchmade. period.
Fuck yeah, I've had a few griptilians, and now have a mini barrage and i love it! If anyone wants one for free, go hike around Mt. Gleason near LA and you will invebility find one i dropped. Whoops.
Someone was talking some goods on spider co, and hell yes they make some gems for the price. The same steel on a bench made will cost a hundred more, easily. But benchmades just have that good look to them.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2014, 05:32:05 PM »
I can't legally carry a knife

Go on...

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2014, 05:49:05 PM »
 I carry a small kershaaw everyday. As Chris Hanson said it is a great beater knife and keeps it edge. I probably use it everyday as well on boxes and things.  It is handy to have but make sure it complies with your state's carry laws

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2014, 08:58:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

On some enthocentrism shit, can you not carry knifes in other countries freely? How do you cut rope in your homelands?

Expand Quote
kershaws are cool. they have lifetime sharpening and aren't too expensive. nothing is better than a benchmade. period.
[close]
Fuck yeah, I've had a few griptilians, and now have a mini barrage and i love it! If anyone wants one for free, go hike around Mt. Gleason near LA and you will invebility find one i dropped. Whoops.
Someone was talking some goods on spider co, and hell yes they make some gems for the price. The same steel on a bench made will cost a hundred more, easily. But benchmades just have that good look to them.
What do you do for the Forest Service?

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Wizard Fight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2014, 01:10:22 AM »

Pretty much just use the scissors and a screwdriver.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2014, 06:48:18 AM »
A reasonably sized pocket knife is a versatile tool. It shouldn't be thought of as a weapon.

People who carry a "tactical blade" for "self defence" have obviously never read any case law around the use of knives in an attack. Let me just say that if you don't absolutely think you're going to be murdered, don't pull a knife. If you are at risk, go ahead and pull the knife, use it, and enjoy your jail time. Try explaining in court that you had it on you to open mail, or slice your apple at lunch.

Pretty good advice. Here in Philly, carrying just about any blade is illegal unless required for work and you basically need to be in the process of "work" for that exception to apply.

You risk far less legal trouble carrying (or using in a proper circumstance) a gun w/permit than you do with a blade.

That said, Spyderco.

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 326
  • Low Scovilles
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2014, 04:48:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
What do you do for the Forest Service?

I work do burn area restoration and rare plant species cataloging. After a wildfire is put out, we help monitor the growth of native species and eradicate the invasive ones, and when there is no wildfires we hike all those off trail spots on USGS maps looking for endangered plants and ship the info out to universities and CalFlora.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2014, 05:00:36 PM »
Right on. I go to the fires before you get there. Hopefully I'll get the job on my local fire department this go around though.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2014, 05:09:29 PM »
leatherman sidekick, keep it in my car but never really use it

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 426
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2014, 08:40:55 PM »
When I first got married, my wife and I lived in a downtown apartment in San Diego. There was a communal balcony and we were having a drink before heading to a friends house for a Fourth of July party, and then this girl and guy came out with some red wine. Apparently they had been up all night partying(it was now 3 P.M.) and hadn't slept yet. They poured out their lives and red wine to us, discussing the passing of fathers, and how they were having sex while the girl had a rich boyfriend she was using for money and he had a small wiener.

We talked for an hour or two and all of a sudden, the guy looks at me and says, "Do you have a knife?" Other than kitchen knives I didn't own anything special so I said know and he insisted on giving me one he had on him. He explained it like it was a really nice and and I was honored to receive it. Later that night, I looked it up online, and I could buy it for 11.99. Not to say it wasn't a nice gesture, but it was pretty crappy. I ended up selling it for 2 dollars at a garage sale before I moved to Oregon.

COOL STORY BROOOOO

Irvine-Sucks.com