Author Topic: Anyone order from Scumco direct?  (Read 2870 times)

BMCsteve

Anyone order from Scumco direct?
« on: October 06, 2014, 12:53:29 PM »
Have any of you ever ordered directly from Scumco's website?  I ordered a board on 9/30 and was hoping to have it this week but never received a shipping confirmation and haven't got a response from a couple emails I sent them.

I know they're a tiny company which is why i wanted to support them and buy direct but it sucks not hearing back when they already took the payment.  My low pro snapped this morning so I'm more impatient than usual I guess

Anyone else have any experience buying from them or any idea on shipping times?

thanks
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 02:35:05 PM by BMCsteve »

ogcoors

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -69
Re: Anyone order from Scumco direct?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 12:59:21 PM »
They are very prompt. I imagine they are slower getting back to your request because they are packaging your order so it ships. Mine shipped next day multiple times. I live in the area of Pittsburgh so it arrives two days everytime.

Scumco is a great outfit and will not sleep on your order, they know you want to rip hardcore skate maneuvers!

Fuck Tracer!

BMCsteve

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 01:12:56 PM »
Thanks man.  I didn't want to be a nagging customer and email them again to find out.  Hopefully it gets shipped out today because tomorrow it will be a week with no response

CINCINNATI

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 01:20:21 PM »
i got mine in 2 days. i understand about the concern without having an email conformation, but they are definitely legit

BMCsteve

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 01:22:44 PM »
i got mine in 2 days. i understand about the concern without having an email conformation, but they are definitely legit

Right on.  I watched the two videos about the company, how they make their productions, wood selection, etc and was just super hyped to see someone that puts that much care and detail into their products.  Really stoked to get the board

Wizard Fight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2014, 02:01:57 PM »
I ordered a board on 10/30
thanks

YOU ORDERED IT FROM THE FUTURE

BMCsteve

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2014, 02:35:31 PM »
Expand Quote
I ordered a board on 10/30
thanks
[close]

YOU ORDERED IT FROM THE FUTURE

haha that explains it! meant to say 9/30

coop D.O.G.G.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
  • I'm thirsty
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2014, 02:47:30 PM »
Yeah I order from Nick direct all the time. He definitely is doing his best to get your order out. With the recent spike in popularity Scumco has been gathering, his workload has really increased I'm sure. Give it time and you'll be rewarded.
and here comes coop dogg.....................

BMCsteve

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2014, 02:59:11 PM »
Yeah I order from Nick direct all the time. He definitely is doing his best to get your order out. With the recent spike in popularity Scumco has been gathering, his workload has really increased I'm sure. Give it time and you'll be rewarded.

Right on.  Yeah I guess I just wasn't sure if they pay much attention to the online store or focus on distribution.  Glad to hear they're getting more popular.  I'll definitely post up some pics when I get the board

timv

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 17
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2014, 05:24:46 PM »
Yeah, I ordered a squid maiden 8.5" from them and hadn't heard anything for a few days.
Sent them an email and the same day the deck came @ lunch.... Maybe took 3 business days or so. I'm in AZ.
Definitely legit and the board looks awesome. Haven't skated it yet, waiting for my hopps to die.

BMCsteve

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2014, 08:23:59 PM »
Yeah, I ordered a squid maiden 8.5" from them and hadn't heard anything for a few days.
Sent them an email and the same day the deck came @ lunch.... Maybe took 3 business days or so. I'm in AZ.
Definitely legit and the board looks awesome. Haven't skated it yet, waiting for my hopps to die.

Sick man I got an 8.5 Squid Maiden as well.  Really stoked to see how the deep concave is.

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2014, 11:12:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Right on.  I watched the two videos about the company, how they make their productions, wood selection, etc and was just super hyped to see someone that puts that much care and detail into their products.  Really stoked to get the board

Where can I see the videos? Ive been interested in this company for a minute

Cosme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 507
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2014, 12:33:09 AM »

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2014, 03:36:08 AM »
Thanks man!

BMCsteve

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2014, 04:24:44 AM »
Yup.  Those are the videos.  The board that I ordered from the Maiden series is a 15 color screen print.  Love seeing that level of detail on a board even if I'm going to destroy the graphic in 5 minutes.

All of the skate clips they put out are just pure, raw street skating too.  To BS, just hitting the streets hard

www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8mEGlWEsFQ

timv

« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2014, 04:58:52 AM »
The concave is really deep. About the same as my hopps I'm skating now.
a bit deeper than antihero etc...
I emailed asking before I ordered and he said the mellow was like girl, the spoon is like real /antihero, and the deep he didn't have a direct comparison.

Expand Quote

[close]

Sick man I got an 8.5 Squid Maiden as well.  Really stoked to see how the deep concave is.

BMCsteve

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2014, 06:24:37 AM »
I emailed asking before I ordered and he said the mellow was like girl, the spoon is like real /antihero, and the deep he didn't have a direct comparison.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Awesome.  That's what I was hoping for.  I wanted to try out the Hopps "Lion Concave" but I couldn't find an 8.5

Prince Nelson

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2014, 06:58:14 AM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

Awesome.  That's what I was hoping for.  I wanted to try out the Hopps "Lion Concave" but I couldn't find an 8.5

Hoppsskateboards.com

they have Lion concave boards in the shop in an 8.5, it's one of the Jahmal Williams artist series boards.

timv

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2014, 12:12:39 PM »
I emailed hopps and didnt get a response so I went with scumco.
I had ordered another hopps 8.5" that came to me but had a longer wheelbase and nose tail than the one I'm riding now.
Also, it ended up being warped so I sent it back.
The scumco has a shorter wheelbase like I am finding to work better for me.
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Hoppsskateboards.com

they have Lion concave boards in the shop in an 8.5, it's one of the Jahmal Williams artist series boards.

BMCsteve

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2014, 01:04:35 PM »
I emailed hopps and didnt get a response so I went with scumco.
I had ordered another hopps 8.5" that came to me but had a longer wheelbase and nose tail than the one I'm riding now.
Also, it ended up being warped so I sent it back.
The scumco has a shorter wheelbase like I am finding to work better for me.

Yup the Scumco has a 14" WB which is pretty damn short for an 8.5 and the completely opposite of what I normally ride (8.43 Low Pro with a 14.75 WB)

In the past shorter wheel bases have thrown me off but I haven't had one that short on a deck that wide so I thought what the hell. 

I'll never know if I dig it unless I try it

timv

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2014, 02:11:25 PM »
Yeah the hopps I'm on now is 14". The antihero I had was 14ish. The politic I rode was 14.5" but shorter seems better for me.
The other hopps I ordered was almost 15" and I have a bacon that is 15" too that I am Trying to sell.
I'm looking forward to trying the scumco.

BMCsteve

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2014, 02:25:06 PM »
just heard back from them and the board shipped out on the 3rd.  hopefully it gets to me in california by friday.

They're definitely on top of shit but I wish they sent out tracking or something once it was shipped so you know when to expect it

BMCsteve

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2014, 09:40:03 AM »
Posted this in the setup thread but I thought it would be good to add it here as well in case anyone finds this thread to search.

Long story short, they ship fast but aren't super responsive over email.  Small company and busy dudes so I can't fault them for that

Just got my new Scumco & Sons board today.  It's the squid maiden 8.5 with the deep concave.  No joke, this is the deepest concave I've seen on a board.  The graphic is a 15 color screen print and looks incredible in person.  I'll post up a review after skating it this weekend.  here are the dimensions if anyone is curious -

31.75 Length
8.5 Width
14.0 Wheelbase
7.0 Nose
6.75 Tail

Rest of the parts:
Theeve Tiking 5.85
Bones hard bushings
Bones Swiss 6
Spitfire F4 101a 52.5mm
Leftover hardware
Mob M-80 grip