Author Topic: Wheels Thread  (Read 102978 times)

art hellman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
Re: Wheels Thread
« Reply #1140 on: May 11, 2018, 02:14:57 PM »
hardly art, hardly starving

Roisto

• Rep: 32
« Reply #1141 on: May 12, 2018, 12:05:10 PM »
Just wanted to tell everyone that Keyframes are the truth! Fucking awesome cruiser wheels.

Been cruising with my big setup I got after breaking my leg with 60 mm 78A Ricta Clouds lately. Took it apart cuz it has a Jason "Nazi" Jessee graphic on it and I want to paint it but that kinda got delayed and I didn't want to put it back together and skate a deck with that kook's name on it, so I've been cruising on my old cruiser with 54 mm Keyframes on it and god damn. They roll so nicely. Not much difference in the 60 mm Clouds to the 54 mm Keyframes on how they handle rough terrain, but having 54 mm wheels instead of 60 mm and no risers is so much better. Ollieing actually works the same as with my other set ups as I use 54 mm wheels on those too. With the big cruiser it's a fucking chore to ollie. My leg is good enough that I don't need the big wheels anymore (probably never did), so I guess the big cruiser will get less and less use and I'll just go with my Keyframes if I'm going cruising.

Too bad OJ sponsors that fucking Nazi too. Maybe the 86A Ricta Clouds could be similar quality. 🤔 Spitfire 80HD Chargers at least are fucking crap compared to Keyframes.

Diocletian

• Rep: 1
« Reply #1142 on: May 12, 2018, 10:43:29 PM »
Have Spitfire Classics always been made in Mexico? I thought all their wheels were poured in USA.

Krooked antihero

« Reply #1143 on: May 13, 2018, 01:11:18 AM »
Just wanted to tell everyone that Keyframes are the truth! Fucking awesome cruiser wheels.

Been cruising with my big setup I got after breaking my leg with 60 mm 78A Ricta Clouds lately. Took it apart cuz it has a Jason "Nazi" Jessee graphic on it and I want to paint it but that kinda got delayed and I didn't want to put it back together and skate a deck with that kook's name on it, so I've been cruising on my old cruiser with 54 mm Keyframes on it and god damn. They roll so nicely. Not much difference in the 60 mm Clouds to the 54 mm Keyframes on how they handle rough terrain, but having 54 mm wheels instead of 60 mm and no risers is so much better. Ollieing actually works the same as with my other set ups as I use 54 mm wheels on those too. With the big cruiser it's a fucking chore to ollie. My leg is good enough that I don't need the big wheels anymore (probably never did), so I guess the big cruiser will get less and less use and I'll just go with my Keyframes if I'm going cruising.

Too bad OJ sponsors that fucking Nazi too. Maybe the 86A Ricta Clouds could be similar quality. 🤔 Spitfire 80HD Chargers at least are fucking crap compared to Keyframes.
I use Bones ATF 54 mmís here in Turku and I agree that you donít really need wheels bigger that 55mm to cruise around if formula is right...
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

drinny

• Rep: 0
« Reply #1144 on: May 16, 2018, 10:58:23 AM »
Some days I just feel like running keyframes on my "normal" street setup and having done with it all for good.... Just gotta try these F4 101s in summer first :)

DaveFuck

• Rep: 28
« Reply #1145 on: May 16, 2018, 03:05:15 PM »
Whatís up with those new ojs?

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1146 on: May 16, 2018, 03:26:59 PM »

Haven't heard a thing. Wasn't 144p supposed to get samples or something?

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
  • Dopeness
« Reply #1147 on: May 17, 2018, 03:45:35 PM »
I'm sure this has been talked about, so sorry, but with sml, do you want og or ag? I'm trying out a bunch of stuff now, i've ridden ricta, waywards. I like slick wheels like stf and f4 101

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1148 on: May 17, 2018, 08:44:42 PM »

Art will come and cut you dude!

Roisto

« Reply #1149 on: May 17, 2018, 08:49:45 PM »

Art will come and cut you dude!

?

Sad Hippo

• Rep: 2
« Reply #1150 on: May 17, 2018, 09:10:14 PM »
I'm sure this has been talked about, so sorry, but with sml, do you want og or ag? I'm trying out a bunch of stuff now, i've ridden ricta, waywards. I like slick wheels like stf and f4 101
I just got some AG (which stands for Austyn Gillette I guess) Josh Pall's. Honestly they feel more like spit classics than a hard stf.

I don't need wheels but Dial Tone has piqued my interest.  If anyone tries them out shoot us a review.

ballintoohard

• Rep: -1
« Reply #1151 on: May 18, 2018, 03:07:09 PM »
Been on Spitfire classics and got some conicals- what am I spost to notice? They feel slightly smoother, that's about it.  Some tricks feel harder and crooks aren't as easy to lock into it seems.

DaSk8D00D

• Rep: -194
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #1152 on: May 20, 2018, 10:13:04 AM »
Back on my Crupies again after having multiple bearings seize in bones STF (just did a quick wheel swap instead of pulling em out) and damn I forgot why I loved these so much. The squeal they make on 180 tricks & reverts is just

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 173
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #1153 on: May 20, 2018, 12:44:34 PM »
If you are from europe and want to try something different go with FSWC (Fast Skateboard Wheel Co.)
I bought a set the other day out of curiosity and they feel super good, on pair with any other big brand, crispy white, super fast and slide well. The price is pretty good, 29pounds, with free shipping inside europe (thats basically half of a F4 set). They also have a sick squad (sour boyzz in the house), and a no bullshit image which is a plus. Backing them hard!

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

FrozenIndustries

• Rep: 0
« Reply #1154 on: May 21, 2018, 01:47:38 PM »
I know someone posted about them a while back, but anyone mess with the Sml AG formula wheels recently? Thinking of trying a set.

burn_to_live

• Rep: -3
« Reply #1155 on: May 21, 2018, 02:06:30 PM »
Yeah i'm just one of the Spitfire guys, riding Formula Four Classics

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
« Reply #1156 on: May 21, 2018, 02:31:03 PM »

Haven't heard a thing. Wasn't 144p supposed to get samples or something?

My friend is skating these 'elite' formulas and they feel a lot like more of a bones product.  Hard but not plasticky.....

I'm a weirdo and skate longboard bearings (race reds) so my complaint n/a to most but the cores on spits don't feel consistent....on my bones they do...pop right in and it feels even....

cosmicgypsies

• Rep: 54
« Reply #1157 on: Today at 08:46:47 AM »
currently looking at some new wheels, bunch on sale such as 101a jake johnson ojs and 100a welcome orbs, anyone skated either of those? currently got formula fours