Author Topic: Wheels Thread  (Read 778033 times)

FunnyBunny and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Paco Supreme

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
Re: Wheels Thread
« Reply #150 on: April 23, 2015, 07:08:53 AM »
what's the deal with Wayward Wheels?  Are they ever going to be available anywhere?

they're around kind of, i've seen them online but have yet to see them in a shop

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 939
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #151 on: April 23, 2015, 10:28:33 AM »
Expand Quote
what's the deal with Wayward Wheels?  Are they ever going to be available anywhere?
[close]

they're around kind of, i've seen them online but have yet to see them in a shop

Sheesh, their packaging is very reminiscent of the old AB style.

posguy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #152 on: April 23, 2015, 11:56:46 AM »
I've thought about trying Autobahn wheels but everytime I get new wheels I end up with Bones. Sooner or later I'll get some I guess.

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #153 on: April 23, 2015, 02:14:59 PM »
Took a break from Autobahn and been really into Paradise Wheels lately. Grabbed 2 more sets today:

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #154 on: April 23, 2015, 02:35:44 PM »
Took a break from Autobahn and been really into Paradise Wheels lately. Grabbed 2 more sets today:

Oh shit... I forgot to talk about my Jimmy Lannon ones! Somebody asked me here how they were and i didnt write it back!

Fast review... I cant really say they are groundbreaking. I havent felt that way with any wheel tho, but i can surelly feel when they suck and these dont.
I mostly skate street and they are treating me well, no chunks or flatspots (unlike my past haze wheels)! They are fast, slide good and are grippy enough when i want. Solid wheels for sure, would buy again!

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Boomhauer

• Rep: 43
  • Yep
« Reply #155 on: April 23, 2015, 02:59:29 PM »
Picked up some Ricta wheels with their new NRG formula.  These are the 52mm Westgates.  Super slim / tablet style shape.

How're these?

dillanharp

« Reply #156 on: April 23, 2015, 03:06:10 PM »

Atlas had some like a month ago, don't know if they still do.

BMCsteve

« Reply #157 on: April 23, 2015, 03:51:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Picked up some Ricta wheels with their new NRG formula.  These are the 52mm Westgates.  Super slim / tablet style shape.

[close]

How're these?

I won't have a chance to skate them until tomorrow but Xen has the 53mm Sandoval NRG's and he said they're great

SHARPSHOOTER

« Reply #158 on: April 23, 2015, 06:58:55 PM »
I assumed everyone just rode Bones STFs.

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #159 on: April 23, 2015, 08:14:15 PM »

buying anything else is just stupid
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 11:22:05 PM by iwshilvdnfinland »

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #160 on: April 23, 2015, 11:18:23 PM »

i kinda wanna try some wayward wheels but i kinda been on the f4s the last year and a half and really dont see a need to change them! each set lasts me 2-3 months at least.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

heritage

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #161 on: April 24, 2015, 03:25:08 AM »
@Skatan - Good looks on the Lannon Paradise. @Steve - Interested to hear how those Ricta skate.

ontheswarm

« Reply #162 on: April 26, 2015, 03:27:13 PM »
Got a set of gold wheels from a buddy and the first day I landed a trick with a little pivot and instantly got a flat spot. I figured no big deal Ill skate it away. Two days go by and I land sideways and slip out and I got a flat spot so bad I had to take them off. Never getting anything but spitfire again.

imgne

« Reply #163 on: April 26, 2015, 08:08:30 PM »
Got given a set of Satori wheels back in the day from a mate, they were Shuriken's wheel, super small (49mm?) but fuck me they were amazing for such a small wheel, would love to see them to a conical wheel in like a 53mm, would convert if they exist?

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65505
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #164 on: April 27, 2015, 07:52:55 AM »
Got a set of gold wheels from a buddy and the first day I landed a trick with a little pivot and instantly got a flat spot. I figured no big deal Ill skate it away. Two days go by and I land sideways and slip out and I got a flat spot so bad I had to take them off. Never getting anything but spitfire again.

Years back I had this problem with a set of Gold (I used to skate them all the time). Something was fishy about them tho. Totally different compound to any other gold I had.1/2 suspected they were knock offs!
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

BMCsteve

« Reply #165 on: April 27, 2015, 09:25:16 AM »
I spent the weekend skating the Ricta NRG's and I'm pretty damn impressed.  The most noticeable thing is how well they hold speed.  I had the Ricta's on one setup, sml's on the other (both with the same bearings) and the Ricta's were night and day faster. 

They're also really smooth.  Comparable to the 99a F4's.  Xen noted that his were a bit grippy on slides but I didn't have any issues sliding mine.  I accidentally slid out on a bank for the first time in a while.  Mine are the skinnier version though so I'm guessing they would slide easier than a wide wheel

I don't have a single complaint about the wheels so far.  The shape is really nice too.  It's the first tablet style slim wheel that I've found.  They lock into grinds really well thanks to the shape. 

Here is a pic I sent Xen of the wheels next to my sml slims.  Both are 52mm and the Ricta's are actually skinnier but look wider due to the profile

dillanharp

« Reply #166 on: April 27, 2015, 09:53:56 AM »

heritage

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #167 on: April 27, 2015, 10:33:13 AM »
I spent the weekend skating the Ricta NRG's and I'm pretty damn impressed.  The most noticeable thing is how well they hold speed.  I had the Ricta's on one setup, sml's on the other (both with the same bearings) and the Ricta's were night and day faster. 

Steve - I really like the profile on those Ricta. How are they on rough streets? Are they hard to the point of rattling your teeth out? I would definitely be down to give them a try at some point. They look good.

BMCsteve

« Reply #168 on: April 27, 2015, 10:37:47 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Steve - I really like the profile on those Ricta. How are they on rough streets? Are they hard to the point of rattling your teeth out? I would definitely be down to give them a try at some point. They look good.

Unfortunately I skated parks all weekend.  They are a MUCH smoother ride than the sml's but that's to be expected since the sml's are cored.  They are smoother than STF's as well. 

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #169 on: April 27, 2015, 12:47:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

We've chatted about this ;)

They are hard, keep in mind they are 81b, not 83b so not any harder than a regular 101a but also a bit grippier than F4s or STFs; they felt like ABs/smls but that could be due to width as well; last I knew they were poured at mearthane along with the rest of the NHS stuff.

I found them to be extremely smooth and as Ricta (and Steve) claim, very, very fast (I think I brought that up before), so much so that in a park setting everything else felt slow (especially those ABs) I even swapped bearings to make sure that wasn't the speed variable; on regular streets and sidewalks they felt great. They are certainly not as hard as the chrome cores (which I loved).

I can send a set of 53s your way if you are interested, let me know!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 12:52:12 PM by Xen »

heritage

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #170 on: April 27, 2015, 01:09:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

They are hard, keep in mind they are 81b, not 83b so not any harder than a regular 101a but also a bit grippier than F4s or STFs; they felt like ABs/smls but that could be due to width as well; last I knew they were poured at mearthane along with the rest of the NHS stuff.

I found them to be extremely smooth and as Ricta (and Steve) claim, very, very fast (I think I brought that up before), so much so that in a park setting everything else felt slow (especially those ABs) I even swapped bearings to make sure that wasn't the speed variable; on regular streets and sidewalks they felt great. They are certainly not as hard as the chrome cores (which I loved).

Definitely did. I had a brain cramp. I didn't realize they were the same NRG you were skating. Now it makes sense. I would definitely be down to try them, but would trade you something for sure.

TehPwnzorer

• Rep: -17
« Reply #171 on: April 27, 2015, 03:17:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Faster than Spitfire F4 101a?

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #172 on: April 27, 2015, 04:45:07 PM »
Quote from: TehPwnzorer  link=topic=82118.msg2320619#msg2320619 date=1430173020
Faster than Spitfire F4 101a?

I'd say so, it's especially noticeable in a smooth park setting.

heritage

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #173 on: April 30, 2015, 07:23:53 AM »
^^^They look great, I dig Broadcast stuff. By no means am I weight whore, but the Crop Circles (53) were a little heavy for my tastes because of how wide they are. The Shier's Choice (52) were really good.

heritage

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #174 on: June 05, 2015, 01:56:46 PM »
Reupped on Autobahn Appleyard wheels this afternoon.  ;D

deadhead

• Rep: -2
« Reply #175 on: June 05, 2015, 04:45:54 PM »
I know there was a thread about dying wheels but has anyone ever bleached a coloured wheel to white or whitish?

Picked up a set of light mint coloured wheels but I prefer just solid white. 

heritage

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #176 on: June 16, 2015, 06:39:25 AM »
^^^That entire new Broadcast line looks great. I love the variety of shapes they used. The Zach Lyons wheel looks really good for anyone that likes wides.

I would be down to give Broadcast another look, they sponsor some really good dudes, but the 53. Crop Circles scared me off a little bit. I am no weight whore but for a 53m wheel they were noticeably heavier and bulkier than everything else I skate.

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 481
« Reply #177 on: June 16, 2015, 07:27:22 AM »
I destroyed my Scumco clay wheels I had on my cruiser :-[
Totally my fault though, ripping down some barely paved streets.

These were 57mm 86a with square edges. I replaced them with some 56mm 92a spitfire soft d's. Little harder and rounder, so hopefully they'll last longer

« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 07:29:15 AM by sharkin »

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 481
« Reply #178 on: June 17, 2015, 06:27:09 AM »

Picture of the soft d's

I like these so far. More control doing tricks, but still soft enough to roll over the bullshit

tanginacat

• Rep: -10
« Reply #179 on: June 17, 2015, 09:05:26 PM »
Anyone tried the Spits Luan conical? I need opinions fore' i buy thankssss
How slidy it is? compared to 101's spits and ricta nrg (81b)
and the feel of the wheels
how it does on grinds/ledges and stuff
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 09:08:11 PM by tanginacat »