Author Topic: Wheels Thread  (Read 777874 times)

oldxdad, ricepilaf and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 938
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
Re: Wheels Thread
« Reply #390 on: October 28, 2016, 11:52:58 AM »
I like my wheels as hard as they make them. I'm going with these next.

https://goo.gl/photos/UMGFGQLQu8RYzBhN6

For some fucking reason I can't embed images anymore...
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 03:59:49 PM by Xen »

Zimmer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -9
« Reply #391 on: October 28, 2016, 08:05:31 PM »
I like my wheels as hard as they make them. I'm going with these next.

https://goo.gl/photos/UMGFGQLQu8RYzBhN6

For some fucking reason I can't embed images anymore...

Yup, those rictas should suit you just fine!

Main

• Rep: -208
« Reply #392 on: October 28, 2016, 08:08:51 PM »
Ricta "Rocks" Formula

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #393 on: October 29, 2016, 12:14:46 PM »

Main

« Reply #394 on: October 29, 2016, 12:54:19 PM »
Well I'll be a shit covered dick...

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #395 on: October 29, 2016, 01:20:46 PM »
For me it's a process of trying all kinds of wheels then going back to STFs (V5).  They're simply the fastest on asphalt and actual streets and I cruise around a lot.  I did pick up some ricta natural 101's because of this thread and a good memory from 15 years ago regarding some rictas.  The sheer whiteness triggered an ocd so on a whim i threw them in some hot black coffee for like 15 minutes.  5 probably would have sufficed.  They look a bit like new F4s and smell great.  But it'll be a minute as i just set up some new bones.

Main

« Reply #396 on: October 29, 2016, 01:43:16 PM »
I definitely know what you mean about wheels smelling good. That's actually the most important factor for me. Some shops use air fresheners and it gives the wheels a natural scent of the room. Some other skate shops are old and musty so I take my new wheels home and give them a nice spritz of lavender. Nice calming effect when I pick up my board and it wafts into my nostrils.

danjtony

• Rep: -4
« Reply #397 on: October 29, 2016, 08:42:23 PM »
I been digging the insane-a-thanes a lot. They remind me of spit classics--with more of a squeeky/grippy slide to them. They white as fuck too.

Been on em for about two months now. No issues with flat-spotting or bearing seats. Just kind of bummed that one of the wheels got a huge chip like the third time I skated em.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #398 on: October 29, 2016, 09:56:17 PM »

We used to change them to fucks.....

rob

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #399 on: October 29, 2016, 10:43:43 PM »
For me it's a process of trying all kinds of wheels then going back to STFs (V5).  They're simply the fastest on asphalt and actual streets and I cruise around a lot.  I did pick up some ricta natural 101's because of this thread and a good memory from 15 years ago regarding some rictas.  The sheer whiteness triggered an ocd so on a whim i threw them in some hot black coffee for like 15 minutes.  5 probably would have sufficed.  They look a bit like new F4s and smell great.  But it'll be a minute as i just set up some new bones.

oooo i cant wait to hear your feedabck man, cause i also just slapped on some stf v5s and i love bones stf for everything they are but i love spit classics too and wanna see which one suits better for me but have never had the guts to try other wheels like ricta, i got a set of ojś from a friend in a classic shape and 99a  but they werent much but a slower more durable spit classic basically. i love spit classics cause they rebound/bounce/are soft on impact and how grippy they are but stf are just like, street wheels on crack. grippy but slidy but not too slidy
yes

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #400 on: October 30, 2016, 01:33:39 PM »
What do you guys have to say about Spitfire F1s? Are they really good, just OK, or somewhere in between? Better than Bones STF? I could get a set of them for an acceptable price...

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #401 on: October 30, 2016, 02:08:36 PM »
What do you guys have to say about Spitfire F1s? Are they really good, just OK, or somewhere in between? Better than Bones STF? I could get a set of them for an acceptable price...

They've got to be pretty old, so idk man.
you never know about pre-cum 

Jordick

« Reply #402 on: October 30, 2016, 02:34:01 PM »
I'd say they're in between good and ok. Really don't like bones, but those would hold up better than the f1's. I'd still go with the f1's.

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #403 on: October 30, 2016, 03:13:58 PM »
Blergh, lost the ones I really wanted... 53mm. There's a 52mm set, but I'm guessing that I should just pass. Not because of a single milimeter, but because I'll try to get family to bring me some of the good stuff from the US next year. I'd rather save up and make a nice purchase. Like a set of Formula Fours!

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #404 on: October 30, 2016, 09:57:57 PM »

Honestly I think F1s are just classic Thane with a marketing. They feel identical.

rob

• SLAP Pal
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #405 on: October 31, 2016, 01:07:59 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Honestly I think F1s are just classic Thane with a marketing. They feel identical.

sorry but i would have to disagree, F1 are hard, like hard with rattling when you hit rough streets and theres no absorbing the rebound just taking it.

classics are responsive and grippy and take a moment to slide but that softer street wheel feel is nice, the rough streets are somewhat absorbed but in the end formula fours and stfs just handle it all best
yes

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
« Reply #406 on: November 02, 2016, 01:34:49 PM »
was talking about ricta today and i brought up the fact that B.A rode for them and my friend didnt believe me. 

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #407 on: November 03, 2016, 09:04:08 AM »
was talking about ricta today and i brought up the fact that B.A rode for them and my friend didnt believe me. 

wow i did not remember that  :o

but didn't heath and BA ride for monster trucks too?

this rather be in the "forgotten sponsors" thread

Upgrayedd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 446
  • Fuck Tom Knox
« Reply #408 on: November 10, 2016, 05:58:29 AM »
Just got some of the 54mm Schmitty Ojs wheels. I think they're 87a. Nothing fancy, it's a good soft wheel if you're not into the long shape like the OJ hot juice. 

Slap Gravitational Waveboarding Magazine:
"We can't do it yet, but when we can it'll be sick."
-grim

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1033
« Reply #409 on: November 10, 2016, 07:13:18 AM »
Just went back to my second pair Ricta Speed Rings after messing around with some bones SPF for while.

They are noticeably faster than any other wheel I've ridden. I still have the same indy black bearings and the difference is crazy. They feel harder than other wheels, almost plastic like, but that could be because they are still newish. They have a strong smack sound when you hit the ground, almost like they don't absorb anything. They are super slick, so if your hop in a bowl or park, you're gonna have to remember to compensate in those corners. If you like you slide you're in luck.

I'm riding 53s. they are slightly slimmer than other bones, spit, pig and OJ. Autobahn makes the slimmest I've seen in person recently.

if you want the fastest wheel, Ricta's are great.

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
« Reply #410 on: November 10, 2016, 01:26:17 PM »
Anyone know what's up with Ricta changing from 81b to 98-99a?

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #411 on: November 10, 2016, 02:11:42 PM »
Anyone know what's up with Ricta changing from 81b to 98-99a?
Not sure but my guess is marketing
Everyone uses the a system and b isn't as easy to translate because, people see a smaller number and misinterpret them as soft wheels
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

GinosGroceries

« Reply #412 on: November 10, 2016, 11:47:14 PM »
Are there any tablet shaped wheels out now other than the Bones V2?

Phillip Flathead

• Rep: -7
« Reply #413 on: November 12, 2016, 08:14:01 AM »
Spitfire makes f4 99 and 101 in a radial slum that is pretty similar

heritage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #414 on: November 12, 2016, 12:40:34 PM »

BMCSteve hooked me up with a set of Ricta Westgate NRG about a year ago and they were great. They are about as close to that V2 tablet shape as you'll find. I might actually look at another set of them at some point. Really nice wheels.

GinosGroceries

« Reply #415 on: November 12, 2016, 03:06:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

BMCSteve hooked me up with a set of Ricta Westgate NRG about a year ago and they were great. They are about as close to that V2 tablet shape as you'll find. I might actually look at another set of them at some point. Really nice wheels.
Thank you!
Just looked up some pics and that's pretty much exactly what I'm looking for.

rob

• SLAP Pal
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #416 on: November 21, 2016, 02:25:54 AM »
I'm trying to get some new wheels and need help pals

Which wheels feel close to bones stf or are grippy but slidy too

Ricta
Oj insane a thane
Autobahn
Sml

I love my stf's but I wanna try something new but don't wanna risk wasting my hard earned American dollars on a crappy wheel and so far I'm kinda wondering why did I even list the oj cause it seems the reviews on them aren't all good

I'm kinda thinking sml but ricta or maybe auto banh sound promising

Especially the rictas with that NRG formula

But really i want something grippy, main focus on grippy but still has some slidability

I did formula fours for a while, like 6 sets but after stepping back on bones I noticed formula fours no matter the shape or durometer they're kinda slippery, too slippery for my preference

I tried spit classics too and even they are kinda slick
yes

Rick Sanchez

« Reply #417 on: November 22, 2016, 06:39:22 AM »
I just can't imagine not skating formula fours at this point. Every other wheel I've tried has been way worse in comparison, OJ'S especially. The 99du conical full shape are the grippiest set I've had yet had generous slide when needed

Main

« Reply #418 on: November 22, 2016, 04:57:17 PM »
Spit classics and Bones 100's mine as well be the same wheel, same with any basic wheel from any company. Not till you get into better quality ones like STF, SPF, or F4's where you will notice any difference. But like dude said above, F4's have dominated the market for a good reason, because they really are the best. I tried those Insane-a-thanes and they gargled balls. As any OJ wheel does. The wheel is named OJ for fuck sake lol. If you're an all terrain skater, or really any type of skater, F4's are the best.... period. If you only skate parks, SPFs are a solid option too, but they're still Bones and are plasticky.

rob

• SLAP Pal
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #419 on: November 22, 2016, 08:01:36 PM »
Aha okay I guess oj are off the list, I'm deciding ricta maybe

Idk formula fours in my opinion are becoming over rated like indy's

Yeah they're good for hardcore skating because they're kinda hard but feel like real urethane and slide easy butttttt...

It's all truly preference, I like bones stf better after all these formula fours cause I like and need something grippier but with some slide and the stf definitely deliver, I can make a hard turn and  my trucks are medium and I don't have to worry about sliding out

I tried the full conical and they didn't take the rebound rolling over cracks well cause the riding surface edges are straight and sharp rather than rounded like regular street shape so I instantly didn't like them and they gripped too much that my slides needed a little effort for formula fours

Bones have made wheels for years so I feel that grippy yet still somewhat easy to slide stf formula is the deal, when I stepped back on a set I remembered why I rode a set for like a year and a half and loved them
yes